why do we have C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 but not C-SPAN3?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomCat4680

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Mt. Morris, Michigan
Why doesn't DirecTV have C-SPAN3? Its one of the few channels I miss since I left Comcast (I'll never go back though so don't even try to "convince" me). I already wrote to DirecTV (so don't tell me to do that either) and of course got another canned response "we have no plans to add this channel, we don't care what you want, stop bothering us" etc.

I just wanted some insight on why we only have 2 of a trio of channels.

Reactions: grizzly390
I've never seen it. What kind of programming does it have?

* C-SPAN features live coverage of the House of Representatives
* C-SPAN2 covers the Senate and airs Book TV on weekends
* C-SPAN3 covers other live events and airs archived historical programming

....and seeing that C-SPAN was devised and is offered to the world by the cable consortium; we should feel lucky that DBS has any of the three at all.

good wiki cut and paste their but you forgot the part about it stands for Cable SATELLITE Public Affairs Network. and anyways "cable" is often used to describe any form of subscription television, whether its cable, satellite, iptv, etc. CNN means CABLE News Network but its on D* and E* too. strange coincidence!

I just wanted some insight on why we only have 2 of a trio of channels.

Same reason why we DO have Hallmark, but NOT Hallmark Movie Ch...
Same reason why we DO 2 out of the 3 Lifetimes (Lifetime Real Women was actually removed a few months after it was added)...
Same reason why we do NOT get CNN International, but DO get all the other CNN's...
Same reason why we ONLY have 4 out of the 6 HBO's...
Same reason why we ONLY have 2 out of the 8 Cinemax's...

(etc, etc, etc,...)

Because D*, in it's infinite wisdom, has decided we do NOT need them... ;) :rolleyes:

thats not fair. they shouldnt be able to decide what their viewers want to watch. i should be able to pick every channel i want to watch and not have to pay for garbage like 20 infomercial channels.

LOL; regardless of what they add or don't add at this point; YOU think is "not fair" for a business to run their company how they see fit? This is too funny.

Some of you guys would seriously run any company you were trying to manage directly into the frozen ground at near light speed.

what happened to the customer is always right? if the customer gives you their money you should give them the channels they ask for. how is that bad business?

Those of us actually in business, and I am not saying you are not, know it is a fact that the customer is NOT always right. Many times the retailer simply bows to customer pressure regardless if it is the correct thing to do or not and that itself has got many companies in trouble. I here ya about "whats the hold up" but these aren't just some mickey mouse operations, there are plenty of things that can and do cause hold ups and delays and things do happen; some things don't, and we are not privy to all the behind the scenes and in most cases the parties involved ARE NOT allowed to discuss the goings on.

You have to admit though to some extent the rampant daily crying over TV seems rather childish at minimum. And that's just simply my opinion.

Reactions: lfp302
yeah I don't run a business but I still don't see what wrong with giving the paying customer what they ask for. Its only 1 channel, there's no HD version, and they already have its 2 partner channels, so I just don't understand it. I'm not crying either, I just always think there's room for improvement. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If I just sat back and be passive and "cry" to myself nothing will ever get accomplished. I have a first amendment right to express my opinion publically and I will chose to do so whether you like it or not.

yeah go ahead and ignore me but I'm still going to express my opinion. I have freedom of speech but you have freedom of choice. just like TV if you don't like the show that's on change the channel. (in other words if you dont want to hear me "cry", don't read my threads).

Bigger question is why CSPAN at all? We're not cable.
Oh, that's right propaganda and for free incumbent promotion.
It must be fun for some to watch tired old people from tired old parties,give tire old rhetoric.
The lack of CSPAN could be a good marketing point. :D

Bigger question is why CSPAN at all? We're not cable.
Oh, that's right propaganda and for free incumbent promotion.
It must be fun for some to watch tired old people from tired old parties,give tire old rhetoric.
The lack of CSPAN could be a good marketing point. :D

C-SPAN is short for Cable SATELLITE Public Affairs Network. Dish Network (another SATELLITE service) has it too.

and if you don't like how our government is run move to another country, I sure as hell won't miss you.

yeah go ahead and ignore me but I'm still going to express my opinion. I have freedom of speech but you have freedom of choice. just like TV if you don't like the show that's on change the channel. (in other words if you dont want to hear me "cry", don't read my threads).

why is it that every time i see a negative title to a new thread in the Directv forums your name is under it? yes you have a right to express your opinion but it would seem to me you have a real problem with directv.You complain about so many things that If I felt like you do about Directv i would've left along time ago. Many of us here are Happy with our provider.Maybe you should look for one that makes you happy.:) If not, try focusing on the positive for a change.

i already answered that. I always thnk there's room for improvement. I'm happier than i was with Comcast but (and this may be hard to believe) they actually have had some channels that DirecTV doesn't, such as AMC HD, HBO Comedy, HBO Zone, and as I said above, C-SPAN3, and this bothers me. and also like i said above if you don't want to hear me complain, don't read my threads, no ones putting a gun to your head.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)