Why is dish still missing games in HD?

What do you want in reguards to HD RSN's

• HD GAME Time only W/ Pregame and Post game only studio content

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Full HD all the time! All content in HD, or as the network provides.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Dont care!

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters
I'm a Center Ice subscriber, and I've noticed that certain venues only provide low-def broadcasts for the away broadcast team, while maintaining high-def broadcasts for the home team. I know that HD broadcasts exist for the away team's broadcasting, but they are consistently not provided on Dish's Center Ice implementation.

I don't know *why* this is the case, but it is consistent and it is annoying. Sign me up for getting this fixed!

(My example is for Red Wings games broadcast out of Nashville -- always SD available for the Wings broadcast teams, and always HD options available for Nashville's broadcast team.)

I'm a Center Ice subscriber, and I've noticed that certain venues only provide low-def broadcasts for the away broadcast team, while maintaining high-def broadcasts for the home team. I know that HD broadcasts exist for the away team's broadcasting, but they are consistently not provided on Dish's Center Ice implementation.

I don't know *why* this is the case, but it is consistent and it is annoying. Sign me up for getting this fixed!

(My example is for Red Wings games broadcast out of Nashville -- always SD available for the Wings broadcast teams, and always HD options available for Nashville's broadcast team.)

I know for a fact most HD broadcasts are "dual fed" for both RSN's that are broadcasting it so its Dish not picking up both

Once Echostar 15 is in place, Dish no longer has any excuses. Full time RSN's in HD should start to be the normal practice.

And what the hell is up with MSG and MSG+? Uplinked and just testing for how many years? That's pathetic!

If you live in NY State and you are fan of the New York State's Teams; unfortunately you are are gonna be a sub of TWC or Directv, if you want to see your Team in HD or to see the Yankees period. :mad:

According to Dish's website, the next 4 Twins games will be SD only. What the h*ll?

According to Dish's website, the next 4 Twins games will be SD only. What the h*ll?

Charlie must have a deal where he gets a helluva discount by buying partial sections of HD games

I mean the Twins are on the west coast so a JIP is normal...but none at all???

The idea that they're too lazy to set up the HD doesn't really hold unless they show all the away games in a particular city in SD, but tonite the Rangers away game in in SD, but tomorrow's will be HD.
I have a friend who has DTV, I'll call him when the game starts and see if he has it in HD.
Will report back.

If you live in NY State and you are fan of the New York State's Teams; unfortunately you are are gonna be a sub of TWC or Directv, if you want to see your Team in HD or to see the Yankees period. :mad:

Luckily I am a Mets fan or I wouldn't even be with Dish. Maybe someone at Dish heard me as I am now seeing tonights game at San Diego will be in HD. But not the pre-game show? Whatever.

BTW.. Cablevision also has all the games in HD but not available in my area.

As I sit and watch FS Astros announce their "HD" sponsor for the game that is in SD just proves that E* is not on the ball. Most games listed are only in SD in the other RSN. Please get full time RSN in HD!!!

Well, I semi-lied. My buddy says Direct has Rangers vs White Sox in HD tonight. But, E* has them in SD for all 3 games. So maybe somebody at E* is lazy. Or most likely, they don't want to dedicate the bandwidth to it.
Stinks either way.
I wonder if sending a link to this thread to ceo@echostar.com, or the countless other threads like it, would do any good.

Last edited:
Well, I semi-lied. My buddy says Direct has Rangers vs White Sox in HD tonight. But, E* has them in SD for all 3 games. So maybe somebody at E* is lazy. Or most likely, they don't want to dedicate the bandwidth to it.
Stinks either way.
I wonder if sending a link to this thread to ceo@echostar.com, or the countless other threads like it, would do any good.

Yea Im watching the game now on 429 (home feed) and it is in HD on E*, and I have been down to the fiber panels/cabnets at the cell, and I know for a fact that there is both an away, home (CSNCHHD) and a feed that goes to MLB all in HD.

Yea Im watching the game now on 429 (home feed) and it is in HD on E*, and I have been down to the fiber panels/cabnets at the cell, and I know for a fact that there is both an away, home (CSNCHHD) and a feed that goes to MLB all in HD.
Directv had CUBS on CSN + HD and SOX on CSN HD.

and they have CSN CHI HD 24/7 and they will have the Blackhawks post game live in HD will DISH? likely not?

An email to that ceo address will get you no where. They will still say it is bandwidth issues and that once the NBA and NHL seasons end it should be fine. It's funny because the NBA and NHL aren't interfering at all. I am fine with my RSN not being HD all the time, but I do expect every game to be in HD. This is not 2005 anymore.

An email to that ceo address will get you no where. They will still say it is bandwidth issues and that once the NBA and NHL seasons end it should be fine. It's funny because the NBA and NHL aren't interfering at all. I am fine with my RSN not being HD all the time, but I do expect every game to be in HD. This is not 2005 anymore.

What's even more funny is dish just launched a WHOLE transpoder on 119 to PPV IN HD! Even more funnyer is D* just matched E* in free HD for life. NBA and NHL seasons are essentally over as as stated, dont even interfere with RSN programming any more as both are on national carried channels such as ABC and NBC/Versus. If dish really wants me to have free HD for life, just add the RSN's in full time in HD, and I'll be a happy camper. I would have ZERO reasons to leave dish. (really I dont want to leave dish) If its this hard to get dish to add HDRSN's then I can see why channels such as the weather channel, Versus, Ect have a hard time negotating with Dish. Its not that the increases in pricing isnt fair, its the fact that Charlie is a cheap ass who throws a fit every time there's a one cent increase. He's so cheap now he wont even expend the capital to get RSN's in HD, and that would dramatically improve his programming when compared to D*. This would actually be a move that would most likely lead to LESS churn, and more money in his pocket. But the goons at E* and Dish just dont get it!

Dish started out as having a pretty big advantage with their packages like Center Ice. A few years back when DirecTV was only showing 1 feed for any given game Dish was showing both the home and away feed. I haven't been under contract for about a year now, and the Versus / DirecTV dispute kept me from switching last fall. I think with the HR24 out now speeding things up and Direct matching Dish's HD for Life promo I may be switching as soon as the puck drops for the last time this season.

It's frustrating. I don't want to switch, but Dish isn't exactly giving me a reason to stay.

Yep thats the same way I feel. Im only hard here on charlie because I want him to fix things and get it right. I honestly love the dude, but dam charlie your running dish into the ground. Once Full time HD RSN's light up, I honestly wouldnt have any reason to move around. Shure I would still want channels like sprout in HD, but they wouldnt be the dealbreaker that not having your RSN in HD is.

Chicago Blackhawks Win, to bad I cant see it in HD!

SHAME ON DISH! Chicago blackhawks win the Stanley cup, first time in over 40 years. Comcast Sports Net Chicago has coverage in HD, But not on Dish. Thank you Charlie for being so dedicated to local sports programming that you give it to us in a reduced quality than what it was produced in! Thank you for being the sports man who doesnt give coustomers what they want and that's their local sports in HD and other channels national channels such as MLB network, ESPNU, and AMC, IFC Ect. Put your ego in check and for the sake of coustomers make some deals!

Thank You Charlie for living in the past as and not bringing your system into the future of offering what every national and local providers do, and that's local sports programming from thier Regional RSN in HD! I dont belive that cost is a factor as when you compare dish to these providers, the packages are priced evenly

Shame on you! This is history and with Dish Network I saw it in SD! Dish dedicated to bringing you the national programming you dont want to see such as Reelz, WFN, Shorts, MAVTV!

I'm very dissapointed and belive you and me, I will not shut up until I can see CSNCHHD full time, no restrictions, All programming 100 percent HD all the time from the network. Infact, give it to everybody!

An unbeliveable moment in time, reduced to nothing because Dish Network refuses to answer to coustomer calls and becuase they cant keep their ego's in check. HD is now the standard and its high time that dish gets with the programming.

Dish, this is your time to fix it before this becomes a big liablity to your company in many ways! Very dissapointed, and btw guys I'm right. Charlie, Jim, David, and Carl get your dam blinders off allready, if the programming department doesnt shape up, they will run your company into the ground.

Charlie my message to you. Stop being so dam cheap and get with the program allready.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts