Will you pay a premium for an iPhone 8 (X)?

You could always get the Apple live streams on events, just download the PC version of itunes. I did that long before owning any Apple products here. I have heard many people over the years complain about that and never could understand why.

I don't have Windows 10, but Apple says the Edge browser is compatible with the media stream Apple is using for the Live Stream
But those are the users who have already fallen for Windows 10. I submit that the low-hanging fruit that Apple needs to be chasing after are those still running earlier versions of Windows.

Then again, Apple doesn't want customers who give too much thought to their computers and operating systems; they like the customers that swallow whatever bitter pill they're given.

I submit that the low-hanging fruit that Apple needs to be chasing after are those still running earlier versions of Windows.
I suspect that people running Windows XP, Windows 7, and so on are not the crowd that Apple wants to target for their newest iPhones (or other hardware).

Well, it seems the stories of the names being 8 & X are confirmed.

I wonder just how tight security is going to get at Apple now.....

I suspect that people running Windows XP, Windows 7, and so on are not the crowd that Apple wants to target for their newest iPhones (or other hardware).
Who do you suppose they can "bring into the fold"? They can't keep selling upgrades forever; especially if the functionality is only marginally enhanced.

Rest assured that Apple would kill to have a single digit percentage of the Windows 7 user base come over to their side.

If they make the event the thing and the pieces that are announced aren't all that exciting or innovative, it will be a great opportunity to buy some Apple stock.

It appears you won't be interested no matter what they announce. So why post in an Apple thread?

It appears you won't be interested no matter what they announce. So why post in an Apple thread?
I own Apple stock and things that make the stock value go up are generally a good thing for me. Conversely, not including rumored new features (not Apple's fault) or making sweeping choices that are perceived as wrong usually have a negative impact on my investment.

I don't look at these announcements from the end-user perspective but that doesn't mean I don't have a vested interest in the announcement. If the announcement goes really poorly, it may be time to add to my investment.

My wife said "Uh-oh" as she read the news article about new Apple iPhones costing over $1000. She expects I'll want one, or worse, get her a new iPhone. While I think it's time she upgrades her iPhone 5s, I want to see if the iPhone SE remains in the lineup, but maybe gets a "Late 2017" version with better radios. For what she uses it for, that would be the only real reason to upgrade. I don't know that she would go for the iPhone 7 with its larger screen, but she might appreciate the larger screen size now that she's an AARP member...

Me, I'm still enjoying my iPhone 6, so we'll see what happens in 11 hours.

Me, I'm still enjoying my iPhone 6, so we'll see what happens in 11 hours.

I dropped my 6 today and at first I thought everything was fine. It wasn't until a few hours later that I realized I had a very fine crack right across the middle of the screen. When I look at it straight on I can't even see it but if I tilt the phone it's noticeable. I have been using my iPhones without a case since the iPhone 4 and this is the first time I have ever had any damage apart from a couple scuffs in the corners from drops.

I swear this wasn't done intentionally just so I could get a new phone. I was already planning on that. Now the only question is whether I pay to get the screen fixed before giving it to my mom or if I just let her use it as is.

Ok shows over...

I want the Apple Watch 3 Cellular.

I never really use my Apple TV so really not excited about the Apple TV 4K. I did like that if you purchased a movie in HD that it will be upgraded for free to 4K. But since I haven't purchased

Now on the phone I am undecided on the 8 or the X.

Will the screen be that much better for $300 more? I can't really see me using the Animoji's much and the 8 can do almost everything the 10 can do.

I expected the wireless charging only to work with the X, and was happy to see its available for the 8 and uses the Qi standard.

So whats your take on it?

I'm interested in the Watch 3 Cellular but I'm going to wait and see what that does to my bill at Verizon should I get it.

And the ATV 4K is definitely on my radar but only after Amazon Prime app is there.

it wont do anything to your bill as it uses the same cell number. (Check the website not all carriers support it)

I use an NVIDIA SHIELD which does all the 4K stuff already, again Apple TV is my least used streaming device.

Ok shows over...

I want the Apple Watch 3 Cellular.

I never really use my Apple TV so really not excited about the Apple TV 4K. I did like that if you purchased a movie in HD that it will be upgraded for free to 4K. But since I haven't purchased

Now on the phone I am undecided on the 8 or the X.

Will the screen be that much better for $300 more? I can't really see me using the Animoji's much and the 8 can do almost everything the 10 can do.

I expected the wireless charging only to work with the X, and was happy to see its available for the 8 and uses the Qi standard.

So whats your take on it?

I'm disappointed in the X. Glad they're upping the memory but kinda mad they eliminated colors with both X and 8. Not to mention they got rid of the 128GB model. I don't need the 256GB but 64gb would be ok . Plus the X comes in one size.

...the 8 can do almost everything the 10 can do.
This was my take-away from the presentation as well. The facial recognition hardware and software doesn't seem all that useful at this point.

Losing the bezel and being able to fab animojis doesn't seem like $300 worth unless you're willing to pay the price to have your nerd cred boosted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)