Windows 11

UI? I’d prefer something with security that doesn’t allow a single PDF or Office file to destroy a network.

Reactions: navychop
How about a Windows version that includes all of the useful stuff promised with the release of previous Windows versions? I'm guessing at least one person (Bill Gates) would still love to see WinFS, the database-driven filesystem for Windows that was supposed to be part of Windows Vista.

I think the big driver for many people is a Windows version that doesn't have so many ways to do the same thing and with the latest way being the least flexible and most inscrutable (i.e. printer setup and preferences). Perhaps at least one version (call it "ad free") that didn't try to force Microsoft apps on its users.

A thoughtful replacement for DOSSHELL.EXE (renamed EXPLORER.EXE) would be nice too.

I'd like to see Microsoft come out with a standard database application that was part of the OS so that people didn't need to use spreadsheets to make lists and catalogs.

Reactions: TheKrell
He was still on the board
The Chairman of the Board doesn't make directional decisions unless that person is also the CEO (and typically not even then). The Chairman of the Board exists to make sure that management acts in the best interests of the shareholders. Product naming usually happens at the hands of the Marketroids.

The Chairman of the Board doesn't make directional decisions unless that person is also the CEO (and typically not even then). The Chairman of the Board exists to make sure that management acts in the best interests of the shareholders. Product naming usually happens at the hands of the Marketroids.
He was the founder...just coincedence he left the board just before windows 11
Microsoft board: Bill Gates left Microsoft board amid probe into relationship: Report - The Economic Times

Reactions: Lone Gunman