Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I have an Acer netbook that won't connect wirelessly in Windows, but will in Ubuntu. Wired connections are fine. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I have other laptops that are fine in either os.

Belkin F5D8236-4 v1
BTW, the netbook has Windows XP.

Last edited:
Hmm have you tried reinstalling the wireless card drivers? I don't think it's the router since all of your other computers are connecting fine.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

I reinstalled the wireless drivers, no luck. CRAP!

WPA-Personal ( PSK ) I don't think that's it since another laptop runs fine with xp, but who knows!

Well, I got it fixed. I feel just a bit foolish, though. It turns out that the password I was using for the router was wrong. The odd part is that it still tried to connect with the incorrect password. If if just said I had used the wrong one instead of trying to connect, I MIGHT have figured it out faster!

Well, I got it fixed. I feel just a bit foolish, though. It turns out that the password I was using for the router was wrong. The odd part is that it still tried to connect with the incorrect password. If if just said I had used the wrong one instead of trying to connect, I MIGHT have figured it out faster!

No offense but that sounds like something my wife would want. "If only it would tell me what the correct password is I wouldn't have had to bother you with this problem." She actually said that to me once. :D

Modern times but back in the 50's my mother put a note on the front door to our house for my grandfather that read: " Daddy, I hid the key in the milk box on the back porch." My grandfather took the note and framed it to hang in his office. :D

Last edited:
Modern times but back in the 50's my mother put a note on the front door to our house for my grandfather that read: " Daddy, I hid the key in the milk box on the back porch." My grandfather took the note and framed it to hang in his office. :D

Now that is classic! Enjoyed that very much, in a kind way. I hope you have that note. My grandparents on my fathers side never locked their doors. I don't even think they could have found the keys if they needed them. :)