Wireless connection issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
I have an Acer netbook that won't connect wirelessly in Windows, but will in Ubuntu. Wired connections are fine. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I have other laptops that are fine in either os.

Belkin F5D8236-4 v1
BTW, the netbook has Windows XP.

Last edited:
Hmm have you tried reinstalling the wireless card drivers? I don't think it's the router since all of your other computers are connecting fine.

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

I reinstalled the wireless drivers, no luck. CRAP!

WPA-Personal ( PSK ) I don't think that's it since another laptop runs fine with xp, but who knows!

Well, I got it fixed. I feel just a bit foolish, though. It turns out that the password I was using for the router was wrong. The odd part is that it still tried to connect with the incorrect password. If if just said I had used the wrong one instead of trying to connect, I MIGHT have figured it out faster!

Well, I got it fixed. I feel just a bit foolish, though. It turns out that the password I was using for the router was wrong. The odd part is that it still tried to connect with the incorrect password. If if just said I had used the wrong one instead of trying to connect, I MIGHT have figured it out faster!

No offense but that sounds like something my wife would want. "If only it would tell me what the correct password is I wouldn't have had to bother you with this problem." She actually said that to me once. :D

Modern times but back in the 50's my mother put a note on the front door to our house for my grandfather that read: " Daddy, I hid the key in the milk box on the back porch." My grandfather took the note and framed it to hang in his office. :D

Last edited:
Modern times but back in the 50's my mother put a note on the front door to our house for my grandfather that read: " Daddy, I hid the key in the milk box on the back porch." My grandfather took the note and framed it to hang in his office. :D

Now that is classic! Enjoyed that very much, in a kind way. I hope you have that note. My grandparents on my fathers side never locked their doors. I don't even think they could have found the keys if they needed them. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts