Wiring up the receiver and confused!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also if you want you can tell me about a channel you have found on a particular sat and I can then verify for you on my system that indeed you have the right sat programmed in your receiver corresponding to that particular channel.

Yes, it makes a definate change to the picture and yes I am getting both types of channels. Still not having any luick with G1 3 though.

Try G0 5 if you even have that choice of sat in your receiver yet. (the master reset might have cleared it)
If not let me kn ow and I will find another digital carrier for you.

Well whatever I thought was C3 wasn't ;). I wasn't able to get the stations listed as clear on the 4DTV channel list, and the one I did get was something weird. It was showing squirrels stealing a yellow ribbon off a tree ;). G1 is definately right but still no sign of G1 3.

About the signal quality level... I know I have seen it in the past, but it's not there anymore. I just have the signal level window, not the quality :(. What on earth did I do...

kbghdg said:
Try G0 5 if you even have that choice of sat in your receiver yet. (the master reset might have cleared it)
If not let me kn ow and I will find another digital carrier for you.

Not a choice unfortunately :(. Where do the Sat choices come from, the program map?

I found another digital carrier on c-4 2 but I dont know if it contains the maps or not. I think your best bet is to call NPS and tell them you are having trouble with G1, channel 3 and need to download the maps from another location they should be able to help you with it. I personally only use G1 3 so that is why I am not really certain where the alternative sats and transponders are.

kbghdg said:
I found another digital carrier on c-4 2 but I dont know if it contains the maps or not. I think your best bet is to call NPS and tell them you are having trouble with G1, channel 3 and need to download the maps from another location they should be able to help you with it. I personally only use G1 3 so that is why I am not really certain where the alternative sats and transponders are.

Every singal movie channel HBO/MAX Starz/Encore Showtime carry the maps.

madpoet said:
Not a choice unfortunately :(. Where do the Sat choices come from, the program map?

Yes when you get the download your sats will be updated and all sorted out for you. What happens if you go to G9 does it bring you to the sat with showtime,spike,tmc, mtv on it. Because if I remember correctly g9 might have been G0 originally. If so the digital carrier will be on channel 5 of that sat

Try the G9 thing I told you about. If it does not work call NPS.
Once you get the maps in your receiver you will then be able to acess the channel 100's and above.

Very weird... I left the receiver on G1 3 a while ago. Just went back downstairs and the date/time changed. Not quite right, but closer ;). I also now have a TON of satellites to choose from incluging G0. I removed my C3 map and added C4 and correctly found it (QVC rocks!). No guide data. Not sure why I am not getting a DC lock, and why I don't have the signal quality field anymore :(. But apparently it is downloading SOMETHING! We'll see in the morning.

-MP

Cool, You must have gotten the download or at least some of it. Your receiver needs to be authorized (by provider) to receive the guide. They will do it when you sub to programming.
Good night and Talk to ya later.

Ah, so I shouldn't see anything when I pull up the guide then? Good to know. I wish I understood why I can't get a DC lock light. Would it be worth my time/money to get a 922 instead of this 920?

Question... what is the difference between and LNB and an LNBF, and how do I know which one I have? I can't find the paper I wrote it down on!

Lnb uses a polarrizer motor to change polarity (H or V)
Lnbf does not have motor to change polarity but rather a switch built into the feed. You stated your polarity is working fine so leave it the way you have it.

madpoet said:
Ah, so I shouldn't see anything when I pull up the guide then? Good to know. I wish I understood why I can't get a DC lock light. Would it be worth my time/money to get a 922 instead of this 920?

If you did update your maps as you stated you obvisiouly got a digital lock at one point. Call NPS and see if your receiver ID is valid. If not then yes a new 922 would be warranted. I have 2 systems with both a 922 and 920. I like the 920 better because of its faster speed when checking guide, menu ect...... But on the other hand I like the 922 better because of its ability to output 5.1 dolby digital sound. Have you seen any indication of quality (not signal) in the menu? because quality indicates you are getting a digital lock.

I know before the reset I had a Quality meter next to the signal strength. It's gone now. I'll call NPS and see what they have to say. If I have the HDD200 then it will output 5.1 anyway won't it?

I think you have to be on a digital channel to pick up the quality meter. If it's analog it won't appear. The HDD200 will do 5.1.

Al

Edit: Mine has a "coaxual" output.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)