WorldSport-HD Events Review...

Sean Mota said:
Watching the second leg between Real Madrid and Sevilla this was a game with a lot controversy and a match to be watched. Today was the first time shown in WorldSport-HD.

Brutal game, never seen so many cards in a Real game before. I missed Zidane getting tossed - what happened there?

I do not know what happened. I missed that part and then saw that Real Madrid was playing with only 11 men. I need to see it again.

I hope somebody is going to watch it. It looks like 3PM EST time is the start time. I might be able to leave early today and watch it (hopefully).

Game is on... I had to go to the Doctor and got home early :)

20,000 max capacity in stadium (sold out) small stadium.

The game looks great. You know what kills me that LIVE games do not get the digital sound drop but the taped ones do.

Half-Time now. The game looks fantastic. There was one moment of the signal being lost. Otherwise, it has been very steady.

worldSport-HD Alert: UEFA Cup: PSV Eindhoven vs. Peruggia Third-round match 3/3/04

Next Game for the UEFA cup. Time to be determined. Too bad it will be a wednesday.

Yes, the game was great indeed! I am so glad WorldSport is showing UEFA Cup live! By the way, the announcers have confirmed the next live broadcasts: Sunday and Wednesday.

Listening to the commentators, they just mentioned that Real Madrid is in first place and Valencia is second place behind by 5 points. Valencia, apparently, is losing 2-1 to Espanyol. This win will proper Real Madrid to widen the lead over valencia if valencia loses. Celta Virgo is in 17th place so this should be an easy game for Real Madrid with a full squad of all stars.

From what I am hearing, it looks like there is no playoff format in the championship. Game looks excellent! It just started...

With 8:23 gone by: Celta Virgo has been the more aggresive team. Real Madrid looks like they are sleeping. It will be interested if they let Celta Virgo win this game.

Yeah! Celta Virgo just scored the first goal of the game. They are playing like they are the champions.

Less than 5 minutes to go in the first half. Real Madrid still trailing by a goal. There has been excellent plays for both teams and Salgado just got a Yellow Card. Very hard played game.

Pavon and Salgado for real madrid with Yellow cards. 2 minutes to end first half.

Fouls committed 11 for Real 5 for Celta... First half ended. Referee has been hard on given yellow cards and calling fouls. No intimidation from Crow.

Second Half just started:

I wonder what the temperature is there. I see all the fans wearing winter clothing.

Ronaldo just scored for Real. Game is 1-1 and Real looks very alive and very aggresive. They had a bunch of scoring opportunities. Celta is back now and just missed a big scoring opportunity with one man against the goal keeper and the goal keeper deflected the ball somehow. Wow! how did he miss?

Wow! Zidane just scored! 2-1 Real... with 64:37 played.

There's one problem with a camera taking close shots. I have seen it a couple of times now, where it looks like the shot is out of focus.

Great pass from D. Beckham to Figo and Figo scores. Real 3 and Celta 1 with 71:29 played.

Ronaldo replace by Salari. Zadine just displaced his magic and trick with the ball. Fans shouting out loud...

Raul replaced by Nunez with 10 minutes remaining.

Next two games:

Wednesday Mar-03 UEFA: 3rd Rd.: PSV Eindhoven vs. Peruggia
Saturday Mar-06 Deportivo @ Valencia. Due or die for Valencia. Strange that they are saying Saturday when I thought it was going to be Sunday Mar 7th.

Beckham is replaced and theres about 2 minutes left plus injury time.

Celta scores with 89 minutes played. Three minutes of injury time added to the clock. 3-2 Real Madrid.

Zidane scores 4-2 Real Madrid

Game is over. Here's an answer I got at AVS about the playoff.

Posted by: NoUDont
None of the major European Leagues have a playoff for their respective countries Championships. The goal is to try to finish high enough to earn a spot in either the Champions League, or if you finish a little further down, the UEFA Cup.

That is why the elite teams need to have such a deep bench, there is no way to get through a season playing your 11 starters the whole way through. The teams also battle for some kind of Nartional Cup as well, i.e. the FA Cup in England and the Kings Cup in Spain. Alot of matches, too many in my opinion. This leads to tired players on the National Teams. But they are much like the U.S.A. when it comes to getting as many Euros or Pounds as possible.

Game over...

Gotta Love Texas CSM

VOOM Program Schedulers!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)