Would u rather see Voom raise their rates to stay on ?

I doubt this would make any difference in VOOM's survival, but yes I would pay a higher rate to keep the service.

I think it works out to $17,000 annually per subscriber to make Voom break-even.

I wouldn't want to pay that much.

Yes I would pay more or pay a different price for all the HD minus the SD. I believe this would make an excel;lent add on service if the same bandwidth and compression were honored.

To me Rave alone would be worth $15 per month. Throw in the rest of the HD and I would pay $40 to $50 a month as a add on.

I would pay more...but not more than 10 bucks more a mth. Either that or I would have to drop Direct and add VOOM as the sole provider in my house.

I said no. Raising rates on the small subscriber base isn't going to generate enough income to float the boat. Unfortunately, it looks like we are on the Titanic. Paying extra to sit in a deck chair for a better view is not a wise choice.

No Way Unless I Will NEVER ever have a rain drop where i go for hours with out satt Because of rain and thunderstroms......... And the DO have DVR that works and that is what we are paying for..... The kid (Dolen Jr.) does not want satallites he wants MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy

You guys are crazy if you think it's worth paying MORE money for Voom as it is now! I was about to cancel my service due to the many problems Voom STILL has and they STILL have the nerve to raise our prices. How does anyone justify paying MORE for a service, which has a LOT of issues still??? They should charge us LESS for beta testing their service since that's what we've been doing!!!

Look, I loved what Voom was trying to do. I've been a sub for over a year now. They have a cool product which COULD be great but is far from being great. There are a LOT of issues with the service, which, I'm guessing, contibuted to their large numbers of subs who would cancel after a while. I'm not saying it was the product which has caused their fall, rather, it's been their marketing and, more importantly, the state of the market for HDTV which caused their fall. However, the product does not work 100% yet we're paying 100% plus an increase. It just doesn't make sense.

If I had a car which had the problems Voom continues to have I'd be talking to a lawyer.

The Rickster

That was a good one TheTimm... :D

btw, someone is complaining about potential increases for Dish/dtv. I've had dtv for almost 10 years now and, other than adding extras like Sunday Tick and other things, I don't believe they've raised the prices much over the years. Voom has been in busines for (roughly) a year and they're already raising prices and still don't have a product which works. And some people are wondering why Voom failed???

The Rickster

GadgetRick said:
That was a good one TheTimm... :D

btw, someone is complaining about potential increases for Dish/dtv. I've had dtv for almost 10 years now and, other than adding extras like Sunday Tick and other things, I don't believe they've raised the prices much over the years. Voom has been in busines for (roughly) a year and they're already raising prices and still don't have a product which works. And some people are wondering why Voom failed???

The Rickster

Rick,

you should check the increases of D* which have been done every year. The same with Charlie. So that's completely inaccurate and the current increase had very little to do with what's going on today with V*.

Hmm...

I can buy dtv has increased prices over the years but I don't believe they've raised them every year. In fact, I know they didn't raise them at all for the first many years as that was one of their selling points over cable who DOES raise every year and, btw, a cable company owns Voom and they raised their prices the first year. Hmm...

Either way, if dtv or Dish raise their prices they're raising their prices on a WORKING product. My point about Voom is it's not a 100% functional product. It has limitations and has a LOT of issues. If someone tried to sell me a sports car which could only drive 100mph or faster with the promise of fixing the low speed driving in the future I wouldn't buy it. Hence, a lot of people didn't buy the Voom equipment when they came out with the lease deal.

Now, if someone tried to sell me the same car on a lease with that same promise of fixing the problems I might do that. However, if they kept telling me the fixes were coming and they never came then they RAISED my price, I'd be upset. I'm upset about Voom now. I was upset with the price increase when it was announced.

We can all rationalize the whole situation anyway we want but the bottom line is Voom was a cool idea which never worked 100% as advertised and might have been a bit ahead of its time. If Voom were working the way it's supposed to be working I'd gladly pay a little extra for it. I have no problem paying for something I feel is better. Voom offers more HD than anyone but that doesn't really mean their better. They had the POTENTIAL to be better but with all of the pq issues (I complain mainly about the SD pq issues), the reboot problems, the pg taking FOREVER to download and the OTA issues they just aren't a better product...period.

I really wish they could have made it work. I'm not even saying it's Voom's fault so much (read my other posts). It's more a function of the market than it is of Voom's problems. Most people just don't give a darn about HDTV. It's cool but they want their locals and they want to have 3 million channels no matter how bad the pic looks. Oh, btw, most people don't HAVE big tvs like most of us around here. I have a 27" set in my dining room. dtv doesn't look as bad there because of how they set up their compression. dtv knows what their target audience is and have hit it on the money. I can't tell you how Voom looks on that same 27" set since I was NEVER able to get the box working! I can tell you I've NEVER had a box from dtv which didn't work. I had an LNB about 8 years ago poop out but the stbs have always worked. You can't afford these kinds of problems when you're trying to make a service like Voom work...

The Rickster

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts