XBOX One Owners Thread

PvZ was a timed exclusive. That's coming out on all other systems later this month.

A little annoyed there isn't a Halo bundle. That would be the one I'd get, but I'd also want to get the Kinect as well.

PvZ was a timed exclusive. That's coming out on all other systems later this month.

A little annoyed there isn't a Halo bundle. That would be the one I'd get, but I'd also want to get the Kinect as well.

Well, if you can wait another year or so for Halo 5 I'm sure they will be including a bundle for that one. I can see why they didn't want to do the limited edition console and controller for the Master Chief collection since they will want to do that for Halo 5. It still seems like they could have packed the Master Chief collection in with a standard black or white console though. I mean if Titanfall, Madden 15, Forza, and Sunset Overdrive deserved a bundle surely the Master Chief collection does.

It looks like Titanfall might have been the last game bundle that includes the Kinect. A quick look at Amazon shows that all of these upcoming bundles are the $399 kinect-less Xbox. The only one that is $499 is the Advanced Warfare bundle and that's because of the custom design and 1TB hard drive.

I am pretty hyped up to get back into all those Halo games and finally finish Halo 4. If I have time I plan to play through all 4 games again and spend quite a bit of time on multiplayer.

It looks like Titanfall might have been the last game bundle that includes the Kinect. A quick look at Amazon shows that all of these upcoming bundles are the $399 kinect-less Xbox. The only one that is $499 is the Advanced Warfare bundle and that's because of the custom design and 1TB hard drive.
The beginning of the end of the Kinect experiment.

In other news Rise of the Tomb Raider will be an Xbox One exclusive. Microsoft seems to be bringing back the third party exclusive games that used to be pretty common in the PS1/PS2 era. They were pretty rare last gen but now we have already seen Titanfall, Peggle 2, and PvZ Garden Warfare from EA and now Rise of the Tomb Raider from Square Enix.

And don't see how Tomb Raider would be considered enough of a system seller to justify the amount MS undoubtedly paid for exclusivity (even if it's just timed). Square Enix just gave 10 million current (and millions more future) PS4 owners a big middle finger.

Sadly Microsoft is resorting to old tactics, where now instead of competing with 1st party games and console features, they're competing with their wallet and dishing out money for exclusives. Square Enix is another F-ed company to be honest. Do you realize that Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs were multi-million sellers yet SE still declared that they were financial failures? And hell, there really hasn't been a decent Final Fantasy game since FF 12.

The nice thing is, by the time it comes out for other systems, it could very well be bundled with all the DLC as a kind of ultimate edition, as happened when ME2 got ported to PS3.

Thus making the idea of timed exclusives basically pointless. Either get it now with NOTHING, or just wait and get a bunch of free content.

EA Access is a joke for most, Madden confirmed to be limited to 6 hours.

Gotten my annual sub worth from FIFA, and will enjoy 6 hours of Madden, but hope the deafening feedback will make the service more worthwhile come resub time.

Source

Or if they get enough pushback now and people demanding their money back EA could relent and make it unlimited access for all for those 5 days. That's a bit of a d*ck move on EA's part, and I can't imagine they would have gotten all the sign ups that they did if people knew that they'd be limited to 6 hours of gameplay, not to mention that they took away demo access as well.

I didn't really sign up for the 5 day early access but I will take advantage of it with Madden and probably not even hit my 6 hour limit. It still made sense for me even if I only use it for one month. I paid $5 and it got me $6 off Madden 15 which I was going to buy anyways. For me it was a wash on what I would have payed for Madden and it let me play Peggle 2 and Madden 25 for free as well as the early access for Madden 15.

I don't buy retail console games often so this may not even come up again. If I do decide to buy other EA games on day one I will sign up for a month of EA Access every time though. The discount it gives you on digital purchases makes a month of Access perks free so why not?

Well I'm not implying that this 6 hour thing makes the entire EA Access a bad deal. It definitely fits for some people although I am not one of them. I just feel bad for anyone who expected that it would be unlimited access during this time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)