Zinwell 4x4 Switch with Visionsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
Is anyone out there using a Zinwell 4x4 switch with their visionsat receiver?

My visionsat doesn't work correctly with either of two Zinwell (SAM-4402-3A) 4x4 switches. I've figured out that it's the Horizontal 22kHz LNB input that consistently doesn't work. The Visionsat is putting out 22.3V for Horizontal with 22kHz turned on. This is much higher than the 18.x volts the coolsat (which has no issues with the same switch) puts out.

The visionsat gets V and H on the non 22kHz side of the 4x4 switch. It also gets the V channels on the 22kHz side of the 4x4 switch. It just won't get the 22kHz Horizontal.

It's very frustrating.

Have you tried moving things around? Like swapping the lnb's from 22KHz on to 22KHz off, or/and vise/versa? Or maybe even swapping the V and H from one side to the other? Good Luck!

I've got one on my motorized and it works fine. Visionsat is hooked up to a "slave" setup and it works fine on the 22k side both 18v & 13v

I would try a new cable from the LNB to the 18v+22k side

Have you tried moving things around? Like swapping the lnb's from 22KHz on to 22KHz off, or/and vise/versa? Or maybe even swapping the V and H from one side to the other? Good Luck!

Yeah, I've done all of the above. The consistent factor is that the Visionsat doesn't work on 22kHz Horizontal regardless of cables used, lnbf's used, diseqc switches used.

I've got one on my motorized and it works fine. Visionsat is hooked up to a "slave" setup and it works fine on the 22k side both 18v & 13v

Thanks. At least I know in theory the two devices aren't incompatible. Any chance you can see what voltage it puts out when doing 22kHz Horizontal? I'm wondering if the 22+ Volts isn't abnormally high. High enough that the 4x4 doesn't like it.

I would try a new cable from the LNB to the 18v+22k side

Done that. No difference.

I'm beginning to suspect that there might be something wrong with my VisionSat's power supply. It also does a poor job of controlling a USALS motor that the coolsat has no trouble with.

thats on the "get it one of these days" list ;)

Search our meters section, we have a good multimeter at a great price.

To the OP,

It seems your receiver is not sending the proper voltage when the 22KHz is ON and a Horizontal transponder is used. This will impact the performance of the switch you have.

It seems your receiver is not sending the proper voltage when the 22KHz is ON and a Horizontal transponder is used. This will impact the performance of the switch you have.

Ok, thanks. I guess I wanted verification that 22V was far enough away from 18 to cause problems so I could stop searching for another cause of the problem. Now I just have to live with it ;)

You got a Harbor Freight near by ?

Usually I'm a cheap-skate bargain hunter, but I'd advise against Harbor Freight's cheap multimeters. They can be used as continuity testers, but that's about it. I purchased two of their lowest priced model to have in various tool-boxes, but after getting odd readings and visually seeing dramatic loading effect on an LED circuit, I took measurements and compared them to my $30 multimeter. The readines were disgustingly off; 40% off around 9 volts. That's worthless.

I'm not saying you have to spend over $50. I am saying you have to spend over $10.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)