2009 ACC Tournament

GT does it. They beat Clemson.

This is the 3rd time in the last 4 years that the 12 seed has won a 1st round game in the ACC Tournament.

What??? Who said GT was getting a trophy? The only trophy is handed out Sunday.

What I mean by 'every kid gets a trophy,' it's my way of saying I'm not too fond of allowing every single team in the conference tournament.

What's the point of allowing bottom-feeeders a second chance? (See DePaul, Georgia Tech, Georgia last year)

What I mean by 'every kid gets a trophy,' it's my way of saying I'm not too fond of allowing every single team in the conference tournament.

What's the point of allowing bottom-feeeders a second chance? (See DePaul, Georgia Tech, Georgia last year)
Why not? That's what makes conference tournaments special everyone's in it. It's like a family reunion. All your crazy uncles and aunts are there. What's the point of having a conference tournament and then giving the shaft to some of your own members?

The point of gving bottom feeders a 2nd chance is the exact same reason you give the mid majors a 2nd chance in their conference tournaments. You never know who's going to be Cinderella.

Haven't we been down this road? :rolleyes:

If you watched the GA Tech-Clemson game today, I think you'd see the answer to your question!

College basketball has got it RIGHT..............PERIOD!!!!

Maryland and NC State tied at 29 at the half.

Not a big fan of ESPN doing the split screen to focus on the coaches. Great I get to watch a coach who's watching the same game I'm trying to watch, only he can see it. :rolleyes: When they do that the game is only in a tiny box that takes up 1/4 of the screen. I have a feeling that's gonna bug me all weekend. Sometimes these networks out smart themselves with their stupid tricks.

Maryland and NC State tied at 29 at the half.

Not a big fan of ESPN doing the split screen to focus on the coaches. Great I get to watch a coach who's watching the same game I'm trying to watch, only he can see it. :rolleyes: When they do that the game is only in a tiny box that takes up 1/4 of the screen. I have a feeling that's gonna bug me all weekend. Sometimes these networks out smart themselves with their stupid tricks.

That's why I'm glad I'm in ACC territory and can watch these games on Raycom in glorious HD! :D

Maryland advances and will take on Wake tomorrow night.

The Terps probably need to beat the Deacons to get a bid.

That's a winnable game. They played just last week and Wake had to rally to win.

Maryland's a bipolar team.

Sure, they beat UNC, but other than that, who have they beat?

Let's not forget how brutally lopsided some of their losses were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)