2009 ACC Tournament

Gary Williams is like Wayne Fontes the old Detroit Lions coach. Maryland plays like crap for half the season and then they turn into worldbeaters when they have to. I get nervous enough as a Carolina fan. I don't know how anyone in the Maryland fanbase doesn't have tons of ulcers.

Maryland plays like crap for half the season and then they turn into worldbeaters when they have to.

That's why I hate the tournament.

If not for the conference having an "everyone in the pool" approach, they'd be NIT bound.

They're lucky the ACC has a soft-spot for bottom feeders.

That's why I hate the tournament.

If not for the conference having an "everyone in the pool" approach, they'd be NIT bound.

They're lucky the ACC has a soft-spot for bottom feeders.
Whatever. All conferences allow everyone in. I don't know where you got this half baked idea that conference tournaments were so exclusive. And the ACC has been doing this for 56 years. Everyone knows the deal. They can just be glad that it isn't winner take all like it was in the old days. THAT was some real russian roulette.

Boston College taking it to the dookies. How bout that? 2 buzzer beaters in just a couple of minutes of each other.

I'm still thinking the Eagles will play in an 8-9 game.

Any number of Big Ten teams (Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio St., Minnesota) are a good possibility for an opponent.

What are the semifinal matchups?

Is it UNC vs. Florida State and Duke/Maryland?
Yup. And I'm thinking that dook-Maryland game won't be like the 41 point beatdown dook put on the Terps in January. In fact Maryland could have won the last game against dook if the refs hadn't fouled out Vasquez.

I'm thinking that dook-Maryland game won't be like the 41 point beatdown dook put on the Terps in January. In fact Maryland could have won the last game against dook if the refs hadn't fouled out Vasquez.

Personally, I was hoping for a rubber game: Duke-Wake III.

Maryland- even if they make the big dance, are they worthy, or are they going to get crushed?

Personally, I was hoping for a rubber game: Duke-Wake III.

Maryland- even if they make the big dance, are they worthy, or are they going to get crushed?
dook-Wake would have been good too, but don't underestimate Maryland. Their hatred for dook is nearly as bad as UNC's. In fact in the last game Dave Neal leveled Nolan Smith with a vicious, but legal screen, that gave Nolan Smith a concussion and knocked him out for several games. Tomorrow's game ought to be pretty intense.

I'm calling it right now: Maryland-UNC in the finals.
That's assuming we can win another game without Lawson. What'll be a tough call is if we win tomorrow and have to face dook in the championship. I know Roy wants to rest Lawson for the NCAA Tournament, but I don't know if you can sit him out against dook.

I think Maryland is in......no matter what happens tomorrow.

But I think the Terps can improve their seeding dramatically with a win. Right now I'd say they're about an 11, but with a win tomorrow they'll be on the 8-9 line.

That's assuming we can win another game without Lawson. What'll be a tough call is if we win tomorrow and have to face dook in the championship. I know Roy wants to rest Lawson for the NCAA Tournament, but I don't know if you can sit him out against dook.

It looks like you guys will be opening up Thursday (in Greensboro), and not Friday.

That could have a bearing on how Williams handles the next two days.

It looks like you guys will be opening up Thursday (in Greensboro), and not Friday.

That could have a bearing on how Williams handles the next two days.
Yeah. I don't know how bad Lawson is really hurt. The 1st Round game next week is a gimmie so we could rest Lawson till the 2nd Round. I just don't want to risk losing to dook for the ACC Championship. Of course if we won the ACC Tournament without Lawson and beat dook to do it that would be pretty cool too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts