2009 ACC Tournament

What I mean by 'every kid gets a trophy,' it's my way of saying I'm not too fond of allowing every single team in the conference tournament.
Why not? Most conferences have always allowed every team into their tournament. The Big East is about the only one that didn't.

I think it's good, because then everyone has a chance. Allowing everyone allows those teams that improve at the end of the season show it.

If Clemson had deserved to win that game, then they would have played better. A true champion does not let up at the end.

Quarterfinals - Friday
(1) North Carolina vs. (8) Va Tech @ 12:00
(4) Florida St. vs. (12) Georgia Tech @ 2:30
(2) Wake Forest vs. (7) Maryland @ 7:00
(3) Duke vs. (6) Boston College @ 9:00

Semifinals - Saturday
North Carolina/Va Tech vs. Florida St./Georgia Tech @ 1:30
Wake Forest/Maryland vs. Duke/Boston College @ 3:30

Championship Game - Saturday
12:00

WHEW!!!!! Tough, tough, tough game without Lawson but UNC managed to win due in a very large part to Hansbrough showing why is one of the best ever to play at UNC.

Last edited:
Yeah, but Sabres is right with the whole classes thing. When I was in middle and high school I always wound up with the teachers who wouldnt let you watch the Big East Tourney, much less the NCAA tourney. Everybody else got to watch except me!!! lol

:( I had to wait until I came home to watch the games.

WHEW!!!!! Tough, tough, tough game with Lawson but UNC managed to win due in a very large part to Hansbrough showing why is one of the best ever to play at UNC.
You said it! What a game. I'm not gonna lie and say I wasn't nervous but when Hansbrough gets that look in him I never think we can lose. How bout them Heels!

Hanbrough had 28 against VaTech.

How many more does he need to surpass Redick as the ACC's all-time scoring king?
25 points away, and just 7 rebounds away from Sam Perkins record as the all time leading rebounder at UNC. Tomorrow could be a very special day.

Florida St ends Georgia Tech's cinderella run 64-62.

Carolina-Florida St tomorrow in the semis. Carolina won the regular season matchup on a Lawson buzzer beater so the Heels will need to find some other way to win tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)