2013 AL Central

Anyway, so where is Papa Grande these days? I read an article (Freep.com?) that stated he was in much better shape this year.

He is currently in Lakeland ... stretching I guess !

Lakeland for 2 weeks and then up to Toledo and well see how our bullpen is doing at that point.

JV is struggling, although he has never been a great cold weather pitcher, but we're not putting up much of a threat as indicated by our donut up on the board. Time for a late-inning rally.

He didn't do great today but 3 runs over 7 innings isn't too bad either. CC has totally shut down the Tigers offense today though.

JV is struggling, although he has never been a great cold weather pitcher,

Unfortunately, the way Baseball is set up you have to be a good/great Cold Weather pitcher as well, seeing the Playoffs and World Series is always played in COLD weather, if the Tigers are in it.

Martinez is out today and listed as day-to-day. Apparently he cut his thumb and needed 8 stitches. No mention of how it happened.

Yeah. From the radio broadcast it sounded like Porcello was doing pretty well but Villerreal came in and walked 3 straight. One of those walks knocked in a run. Then Dotel came in and gave up a base clearing double to give up the lead. Vilareal has been terrible so far this year. I think he will be sent down after this performance.

Yeah. From the radio broadcast it sounded like Porcello was doing pretty well but Villerreal came in and walked 3 straight. One of those walks knocked in a run. Then Dotel came in and gave up a base clearing double to give up the lead. Vilareal has been terrible so far this year. I think he will be sent down after this performance.

If that happens, it will make room for someone else coming up, wonder who that might be ?

So far they need to replace the whole BP except for Benoit, the pens been terrible.
Smyly too, but I don't count him as a pen guy.
Downs had been doing well till today.

If that happens, it will make room for someone else coming up, wonder who that might be ?

So far they need to replace the whole BP except for Benoit, the pens been terrible.
Smyly too, but I don't count him as a pen guy.
Downs had been doing well till today.

Yeah, I have no idea who they would bring up. I just know that in Villarreal needs to go work some stuff out before he can get in a real game again. He can't throw a strike to save his life. He has pitched 1.1 innings so far this year with 5 hits, 5 walks, 8 earned runs and a whopping 54.00 ERA. I really hope he can get it together because he has a great arm and a nasty slider. He clearly isn't ready right now though.

Yeah, I have no idea who they would bring up. I just know that in Villarreal needs to go work some stuff out before he can get in a real game again. He can't throw a strike to save his life. He has pitched 1.1 innings so far this year with 5 hits, 5 walks, 8 earned runs and a whopping 54.00 ERA. I really hope he can get it together because he has a great arm and a nasty slider. He clearly isn't ready right now though.

Where has Al Al been of late ?

What good is it to have Smyly in the pen if you can only use him once a week ?

Twins swept by the Royals. I'll keep thinking of the series win over the Tigers and Orioles.

Lawrence Phillips

Fan suffers life-threatening injuries after being struck by broken bat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts