2013 AL Central

Tigers and As tied at 3-3 going into the 8th inning. I know it's early in the season, but we need Victor Martinez to start hitting...his buck-twenty-five ain't helpin'.

Getting tired of the bull pen giving up the Starters leads, once again tonight, the Starter leaves with a lead and it's Gone.

No, its not the Closer thats been the issue, as they haven't been able to get to the closer.

Why didn't Tori Hunter start the game? Anyway, he's in the game now.

Jim probably wanted to "Rest" him ....

Drives me nuts ... they've played what a whole 10 games and he's gotta rest people ...

He'll tell us that he wants to keep the bench people sharp ... how about letting the regulars play enough to get into a grove.

I would hate to see what Leyland would have done with the "Big Red Machine", they would have never won as many as they did and wouldn't have been as dominate all those years.

Sparky use to put the same 9 guys out there and ride the Big Boys ....

To the others out here :
Does your teams manager play the regular 9 or substitute regularly like Leyland ?

Now Oakland's Cecpedis was down for a bit after being thrown out at 2nd base after getting picked off...

Personally, I think he tried to injure Peralta the way he went into the bag with a barrel roll, I can understand if your going into the bag like that somewhat if your trying to break up a Double Play ball, but he was picked off, his objective HAS to be to get the the bag ...

Now, Peralta was fine (and Cecpedis is too as it turns out), but when your feet are in the air at the glove when rolling by the bag, something is wrong.

Ugh! Tigers are now 5-5... :(

UGLY game last night.

Tigers pen gave up a lead again, then started pitching well. till the last inning, (12 or was it 130 seemed like 18 as the game started to drag for awhile.

Peralta missed a HR by a foot to the left in extras, the wall in Oakland drops off to a fence somewhere in left field, he hit the top of that wall, about a foot to the left it would have been a HR and they would have again had a lead in extra innings .... then Villarreal came in in the last inning and gave up a HR to lose the game.

The bats other than Prince we quite most of the night.

For having such a potentially solid line up they sure struggle alot.

It's often all or nothing with them, they score 10 and win or they don't score when they need it most.

Thankfully it's still quite early in the season.

Ugh! Tigers are now 5-5... :(

The bull pen needs to get it together. They have cost us a few games already this season. That being said, I'll start worrying about the record in June or July. 10 games isn't near enough to judge how a season will turn out. Most guys are gonna be right near their average at the end of the year. There are going to be peaks and valleys throughout the season but over the long run guys perform to their numbers.

Regional coverage...Atlanta Braves at Washington Nationals in my neck-of-the-woods. No Tigers games listed in the next 13-days of the program guide (ESPN, MLB, FOX, USA, TNT, TBS, etc.) :(

Sorry, that was my fault on calling it the National game ...

That said, the Tigers were scheduled to be on the Saturday Game of the week several times in the early weeks of the season , prior to the season.
Don't know what happened with that.

Yeah! Nice to see the JV and the Tigers pick-up a win this afternoon in Oakland. Of course, I noticed our bullpen came close to letting the As back in the game. Go Tigers!

I turned it off when Coke came in .... can't watch late innings at this time.

For a few minutes I thought they were gonna bring Porcello in.
They may have to eventually ...

Btw, Porcello is getting skipped in the rotation this time around due to the Tigers off day coming up.

Lets hope the Tigers can play more consistent ball than they did last year .... seems like there were a lot of 1 or 2 game streaks, couldn't run off the long winning streaks that most Playoff teams do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)