2013 AL Central

I wonder what the avg. DH avg is in the last 10 years is ?

My point is, not all DH's are the best hitters ...

Tigers would be one primary example, thier DH is currently hitting about .200, and thats their Good one at the moment, Leyland has a history of giving guys a "Break" after a few games, they players he brings in then are even worse.

Once again according to the newspaper ...
The Tigers should be on the Saturday game of the week tomorrow and the Sunday Night game as well against the Braves... ( they typically play like crap on National TV over the last 2-3 years ...

Friday nght, thanks to A. Sanchez's 17 Strike Outs, the Atlanta Braves had zero balls hit to the Outfield.

Thats the 1st time I can remember game with No outfield put outs, even No Nos typically have some.

Tigers went on to win 10-0

Just doing a fact diving on Rick Porcello...

...out of all AL Starting pitchers with at least 150 innings:

1. He finished #37 of 40 starting pitchers in ERA for the 2010 season; the bottom 10%
2. He wound-up #38 of 40 starting pitchers in ERA during 2011; the bottom 8%
3. He finished #26 of 36 starting pitchers in ERA for 2012; the bottom 30%
4. He is currently sporting a not-too-impressive 11 ERA going into May.

Allowing 5-runs per game ain't going to cut it in the big leagues. There is no defending this record. :(

...out of all AL Starting pitchers with at least 150 innings:

1. He finished #37 of 40 starting pitchers in ERA for the 2010 season; the bottom 10%
2. He wound-up #38 of 40 starting pitchers in ERA during 2011; the bottom 8%
3. He finished #26 of 36 starting pitchers in ERA for 2012; the bottom 30%
4. He is currently sporting a not-too-impressive 11 ERA going into May.

Allowing 5-runs per game ain't going to cut it in the big leagues. There is no defending this record. :(

Take his 10 runs from last week off and what does it drop to ?

Since when is ERA the be all end all ?

I've seen pitchers that get GREAT support and have a 4-5 era that are considered very good.

Twins and Royals both winning handily in late-innings this afternoon. Detroit plays at home against the Braves this evening (8:00 PM ET) with Fister and Minor on the mound in what could be a very competitive pitching duel. We shall see.

Twins and Royals both winning handily in late-innings this afternoon. Detroit plays at home against the Braves this evening (8:00 PM ET) with Fister and Minor on the mound in what could be a very competitive pitching duel. We shall see.

Indians and Royals must play a Day Night DH, they have that game also listed as 8 pm.

Almost game time for the Tigers and Braves...I'll park my fanny in bed in about another 30-minutes. Speaking of 'fanny' I found out it means something very different in the U.K. Of course, Fister is pitching tonight...but let's not go down that road. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)