2013 AL Central

About 53 right now, damp and a chill for sure. We had rain earlier today. This should be the first dry whole week upcoming with temps in 60's and 70's finally

Go Tigers!

Last edited:
Tigers power through a rain-soaked evening with an 8-3 win. It seems like it were just a week ago when the Braves swept the Nationals in Washington and were on fire. C'est la vie! The Twins invade Detroit tonight to start a 3-game series. Elsewhere, the Indians are on-the-road in Kansas City. Gotta love these AL Central matchups!

I was impressed with the power the Tigers had, during a real crappy weather game.

Omar Infante swinging a nice bat right now :)

Starting rotation has been outstanding. Wouldn't trade that for anything. That includes Porcello.

I agree ....
I do think however, its just a matter of time ..
I think if Porcello pitches decent up to the trade deadline, depending what they decide they need, Porcello will be
dealt for that.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Still wonder why Leyland feels the right thing to do is SIT a .375 hitter (Hunter) for a .175 hitter in Kelly ... for a back up, Kelly has played in 15 of the 23 games.

Nice 10 K performance for Scherzer tonight. You have to think that if the rotation can keep holding other teams to 3 or 4 runs we are going to win a lot of games with this offense.

Nice 10 K performance for Scherzer tonight. You have to think that if the rotation can keep holding other teams to 3 or 4 runs we are going to win a lot of games with this offense.

IF the offense continues to hit ...

Remember, it doesn't take much to put the Offense to sleep, ala Seattle and LAA.

Tigers win tonight and the Indians are beating KC soundly tonight (much like KC did to the Indians the other night), thus the Tigers a BACK in 1st place ...

The Tigers seem to be starting to get on a good roll at 4 games over .500, lets hope they continue playing well.

As we all know last year they would get up 3 or 3 games over and then go out and lose 6, what a disaster of a season it was in the first 3/4's of the year.

I fell asleep by 7:00 PM last night (getting my Red Wings sleep) and just now checked the sports scores since morning traffic had me running late. Yea! We won last night. Hopefully, we can keep the winning streak going and, more importantly, win on the road. :)

Tigers up 6-1 on the Twins thanks to a lot of hits and a 2-run HR by Fielder. :) You know what I don't get...the Nationals got swept by the Braves at home and then go to Detroit and get swept by the Tigers...then, they Braves head home where they are once again thrashing the Nats. I predicted the Tigers vs Nationals in the World Series this year, but the Nats are not playing very well. Perhaps they just don't match-up very well against The Braves.

Tigers up 6-1 on the Twins thanks to a lot of hits and a 2-run HR by Fielder. :) You know what I don't get...the Nationals got swept by the Braves at home and then go to Detroit and get swept by the Tigers...then, they Braves head home where they are once again thrashing the Nats. I predicted the Tigers vs Nationals in the World Series this year, but the Nats are not playing very well. Perhaps they just don't match-up very well against The Braves.

Maybe the Braves just have thier number ....

Sanchez is taking the mound tonight for the Tigers. I'm hoping he can continue his stellar pitching so far this year. Elsewhere on the roster, Victor Martinez has raised his BA to .221 - which is great compared to the buck-twenty he was hitting a week ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts