2013 AL Central

Jhonny Peralta is eligible to start Workouts with the Tigers as of today I think it was.
Appearantly MLB gives suspended players time to get back in shape ahead of the end of thier suspension being lifted.

Dave Dombrowski told Peralta that the Tigers woiuld take him back, but the full time SS position was filled.

So, if they do decide to activate him in the last week of the season, he'll be a player coming off the bench ...

However, in Detroit, with Leyland, the bench players play more than the starters anyways, I'm sure they will find playing time for him if they want ... just not sure what other positions he would be playing.

Potentially giving breaks for Iggy and Infante would be the obvious choices ... hopefully Jhonny would pick up his batting prowness from earlier in the year, when this all happened, he was hitting a nice .305.

Question, do the Tigers bring him back for the rest of the run this year, or decide to Not use him, much like the Giants did.

Do you want him back for the last week ... not sure if they are eligible for the Post Season, technically they were not on the club at the cut off date, or will MLB make a ruling on this.

Coming off the bench (and not to mention making playoff money to offset his suspension) is certainly better than watching the game on TV. The Tigers will activate him the last week of the season - his bat will certainly come in handy in the post-season. Heck, Jhonny Peralta could be this year's Delmon Young in the ALCS and WS. We shall see.

Coming off the bench (and not to mention making playoff money to offset his suspension) is certainly better than watching the game on TV. The Tigers will activate him the last week of the season - his bat will certainly come in handy in the post-season. Heck, Jhonny Peralta could be this year's Delmon Young in the ALCS and WS. We shall see.

Are these players eligible for the Post Season ?

Who's to say we get the .305 hitting Peralta and not the .248 hitting one ?

If he is allowed to play in the postseason I want him on the roster. I also don't want him to take a starting spot. In the 9th inning when the game is on the line and we need a pinch hitter I'd much rather bring up Johnny than Kelly or Santiago. I think he can be an important player off the bench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If he is allowed to play in the postseason I want him on the roster. I also don't want him to take a starting spot. In the 9th inning when the game is on the line and we need a pinch hitter I'd much rather bring up Johnny than Kelly or Santiago. I think he can be an important player off the bench.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I AGREE !

Wouldnt the rest of the division go as well ?

No. IL play is one 3 game series only except against one teem where they play 4 games, 2 at home and 2 on the road. So an AL Central team will play an NL West team on the road or at home, not both.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

No. IL play is one 3 game series only except against one teem where they play 4 games, 2 at home and 2 on the road. So an AL Central team will play an NL West team on the road or at home, not both.

Interesting, I figured that the whole AL Central would play the whole NL West, like they do in football, appearantly I don't pay that close attention to who all they play, generally just who they play that day/week.

Interesting, I figured that the whole AL Central would play the whole NL West, like they do in football, appearantly I don't pay that close attention to who all they play, generally just who they play that day/week.

They do play the whole division, just for one series though.

Tigers start a long 10-game home stand against KC this evening, whose team has been a royal pain in our arse. The Tigers can pretty much wraps up the AL Central if they go 7-3 at home. Anyway, JV is pitching this evening...sure hopes he pitches well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts