2013 AL Central

Don't know how many people have seen this bit of info ....

September 16, 2013 5:49 pm
Jhonny Peralta moving to left field
by Jeff Lippman | CBSSports.com

Tigers infielder Jhonny Peralta will report Wednesday to the team's spraing training complex in Florida, the Detroit News reports. Peralta is 10 days from finishing his 50-game suspension.

Peralta will work with the coaching staff and is expected to transition to play left field for the Tigers. That is where the Tigers would most need his production upon his return.

Left Field? Good move or bad move? Regardless, the Tigers are going to have a formidable starting lineup at the plate come playoff time:

Jackson CF .275
Hunter RF .296
Cabrera 3B .350
Fielder 1B .281
Martinez DH .299
Infante 2B .316
Peralta LF .305
Avila/Pena C .225/.306
Iglesais SS .313

Hell, they won't skip a beat with the bottom half of the lineup.

Not sure how to look at it with Peralta ....

Can he really be expected to learn LF in 10 days adequate enough to play in the playoffs ?

I take it that the PED players are eligible for the Playoffs ...

Have they given up on thier prodigy Castellonos playing LF ?

Will they re sign Peralta in the off season to play LF ?

A quick look, I thought Peralta was 34-35, but he's not, he's 31 now.
I say IF he doesn't want the bank and plays LF well, resign him.

My immediate concern is the upcoming playoff season...I want to win now and worry about tomorrow another day. Given the option between Peralta and Delmon Young, I'd take Peralta sight unseen any day. I think he'll be find in LF, but you can always platoon him with Andy Dirks until he gets the swing of things.

I guess with peralta, it's about the bat he has. Looks like Iglesias is the SS for now and the future

I'm not worried about Oakland. We're going to pummel Oakland, Boston and whomever the victim is we're playing in the World Series. I'm counting both my eggs and my chickens, and getting ready to pump my fists high into the air in celebration. Getting to the World Series is nice, but losing felt like getting bend-over and drilled repeatedly by a gaggle of sexting depraved politicians. We're going to win this year, and we're going to destroy whomever is in our way!

If the season ended Today ....

The Tigers would play Oakland in the first round ...

This is the team that worries me the most.

Yea oakland always has that element that they cam beat anyone any time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)