2013 AL Central

The Indians are tied at 1-1 in the 11th inning. I'm want to see the Indians win out and get one of those two Wild Card spots. I think they match up well against just about every team in the league, with the exception of the Tigers.

Me too and the Indians Won in 11.

My Dads an Indians fan, I would love for for 2 teams from the Central to get in, it keeps the AL Central, the ones that feel it's thier Right to be there, out !

Isn't that the reason Bud came up with it in the first place, so both NY and Boston could make the playoffs ?

I miss not having to battle the Twins the past couple years. I imagine you guys will have to suffer through a few more brutal seasons before moving up in the standings.

I said it years ago before Target Field
Twins get their stadium
first 2 years will be good
then they'll dump salary because folks will still come out to the stadium

Did everyone see Prince Fielder grabbing a Nacho from a fan in the stands yesterday? Too funny! I've seen this covered by at least a half-dozen national shows (news, late-night, sports) and I don't see what the big deal is about him grabbing a chip...didn't even get any cheese or a jalapeno.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...der-pursues-foul-ball-enjoys-nutritious-nacho

Yep that was pretty great. He always seems to be having fun out there.

I did not see it till here, but I did hear about it ...

In more news, it looks like Prince has FINALLY started hitting some, good time to get on a roll going into the playoffs.

He's hitting .280+, they were saying he might be able to make .300, I don't see it.

In even BETTER news, Victor Martinez is ABOVE .300 now after a 1st half struggle of around .220.

He's hitting close to .400 since the ASG.

You're right...I saw the replay of the catch and assumed it was Iggy. Regardless, the Tigers have a 9-run lead on 18-hits starting here in the 7th inning. I will clock this one up as a win, which drops out Magic Number to 3 and it gives Max his 20th win this season. :)

Iggy ?

I thought IGGY was off tonight to mend his injured hand ?

Sure it wasn't Santiago ?

As the Tigers get close to clinching the division, I hope our local NBC channel doesn't dust off "Bless you Boys" it's tired and only should be associated with the 84 team

Soapbox rant over :)

As the Tigers get close to clinching the division, I hope our local NBC channel doesn't dust off "Bless you Boys" it's tired and only should be associated with the 84 team

No Doubt! "Bless You Boys" brings back pleasant memories of the '84 team but, when used out of context, brings back bag memories of Al Ackerman coining that phrase. ;)

But that brings back such good memories !

35-5
Sparky !
Morris, Trammel, Whitaker .... those were the days !

Porcello going up against Sale this evening. It will be an uphill battle tonight. Go Tigers!

Nah ... should be a good game, if Leyland plays a Starting line up worthy.

This is what I get for turning football on ....

Porcello went 6.2 innings, gave up 2 runs on 6 hits and 0 walks ...

I was flipping channels, it was in the ninth and the Tigers trailed 6-0, so I moved on to another football game ...

Tigers score 6 runs in the bottom of the ninth to go to extra innings, then win it with a run in the 12th.

Btw, the Tigers gave up a run in the 8th and 3 in the ninth to get in this predicament

Benoit pitched a perfect 10th and of all people Al Al came in and pitched 2 scoreless innings for the win.

Personally, when Al Al came it, I would have figured they would have lost again .... this is the first time I have heard Al Al pitching scoreless innings in ages.

So, the Tigers Magic number is now down to 2 and they could clinch tomorrow.

I turned the game off when it was 5-0 and, hours later, when I flipped back to the PS3 (MLB TV) I noticed the game has recorded another couple hours. So I watched the ninth and, much to my surprise, the Tigers scored 6-runs in the bottom of the 9th, thanks to a 3-run bomb by Andy Dirks, and the rest is history. Magic Number is now 2. :)

Elsewhere, the Cleveland Indians are 1/2 game ahead of Texas in the Wild Card race.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts