2013 AL Central

I don't really follow it either, but the games will be on MLB Network if your interested.

I will definitely be watching some of them. Whether it be WBC or spring training games on MLB.tv I'm ready for my baseball fix.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/broadcasts/spring_mlbtv.jsp

The Tigers' first televised spring training game will be February 23rd against Toronto. I'm not sure if that will be a FS Detroit or Rogers SportsNet broadcast though because that is the MLB.tv schedule.

Tigers TV schedule

FOX Sports Detroit will televise four games during the Grapefruit League schedule:

March 4, 1 p.m.: Tigers vs. Astros

March 19, 1 p.m.: Tigers vs. Rays

March 21, 1 p.m.: Tigers vs. Astros

March 25, 1 p.m.: Tigers at Marlins

The Tigers will also be featured on ESPN on March 27 at 1 p.m. vs. the Phillies.

Additional Tigers games, which will be announced at a later date, will be on the MLB Network.

Thirty-five of the Tigers' 36 spring games will be on the radio, on 97.1 FM The Ticket or WXYT 1270 AM.

WBC games don't start until 3/7. Players on their National teams could play in a couple of ST games before heading off to the WBC.

Hadn't realized that the WBC didn't start till then .... I can see why many teams don't want their stars polaying then, its in the Middle of their ST.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I posted that to get Jimbo's attention.

Meanwhile, Octavio Dotel is calling Miggy out over his leadership? 13 teams in his career. Looking to make that 14? If I guess winning the triple crown, and carrying the Tigers through September wasn't enough.

I can't let Ice carry the non-Tiger standard alone. I'll be bold and reckless in predicting that the Twins in 2013 will… not finish last in the division!

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Meanwhile, Octavio Dotel is calling Miggy out over his leadership? 13 teams in his career. Looking to make that 14? If I guess winning the triple crown, and carrying the Tigers through September wasn't enough.

Jimbo is not on too much at the moment as he's vacationing :)

Welcome Back Paul,
Good to see you around !

Interestingly this was on ATH the other day and they commented that management has also said there's no leadership on the team. Right or wrong, at least someone said it.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The return of V-Mart, and the addition of Tori Hunter should solve the "leadership" crisis. Personally, I think having the best pitcher (Verlander) and hitter (Cabrera) in MLB is sufficient "leadership". I always thought that was the manager's job anyhow. For that matter,why didn't Dotel "lead" this team at the series?

The return of V-Mart, and the addition of Tori Hunter should solve the "leadership" crisis. Personally, I think having the best pitcher (Verlander) and hitter (Cabrera) in MLB is sufficient "leadership". I always thought that was the manager's job anyhow. For that matter,why didn't Dotel "lead" this team at the series?

I never felt that Cabrera wasnt a leader, some Greats lead by performance vs speaking.
Steve Yzerman comes to mind. :)

That said, I felt all year that Victor Martinez was the biggest difference in the team from last year.

Funny they got to the series without him. That said, I believe his return will end the hitting lulls of last season. Barring injuries, their playoff spot should be locked up by September.

Funny they got to the series without him. That said, I believe his return will end the hitting lulls of last season. Barring injuries, their playoff spot should be locked up by September.

Let's hope so, I know most Iger fans were quite disappointed with the way the actual season went. Very inconsistant from Start thru August.

Ok Tigers fans ...

Been reading alot about how well Nick Castellanos is doing this early Spring Training ...
Hitting very well so far, pretty much as expected, remember, in early ST your not seeing the best pitchers for any extended amount of time.

My question is, has anyone heard how he's doing learning the outfield ?

Next, I saw a article about the Tigers maybe having second thoughts on handing the Closer job to Rondon.

I feel its really hard to question Rondon after only a few opportunities.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they do actually go out and get a bonifide Closer, if they have one available, and use him more in the Zumaya mode, 7th or 8th innings till time that he's ready to handle the 9th ...

At least thats what I would do.

What do you guys think ?

Ok Tigers fans ...

Been reading alot about how well Nick Castellanos is doing this early Spring Training ...
Hitting very well so far, pretty much as expected, remember, in early ST your not seeing the best pitchers for any extended amount of time.

My question is, has anyone heard how he's doing learning the outfield ?

Next, I saw a article about the Tigers maybe having second thoughts on handing the Closer job to Rondon.

I feel its really hard to question Rondon after only a few opportunities.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they do actually go out and get a bonifide Closer, if they have one available, and use him more in the Zumaya mode, 7th or 8th innings till time that he's ready to handle the 9th ...

At least thats what I would do.

What do you guys think ?

Have not heard that his play in LF has not been good. With that though sounds like he may start the season in the minors. The next few weeks should really show where he is with the bat as he will be facing more major league ready pitchers in later innings as they go a bit more.

I think the tigers will try to trade for a closer. Not sure if it will happen though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)