2013 AL Central

Tigers and Seattlers tired at 0-0 after six. Hmmm. Leyland is sitting Hunter and playing Dirks. We could sure use hit 400 hitting bat in such a close game.

He'll likely pinch hit for Dirks next time around .... were in the bottom of 7 at the moment.

I haven't paid close enough attention , just got home from work ... Is Dirks batting 2nd ?

And the Tigers continue to struggle ....
Prince hit EVERYTHING 5 days ago ... went to Seattle and couldn't hit anything, 9 k's, now against the Angels tonight, we load the bases with 1 out and he hits into another DP.
Tigers have had runners on all night long and can't score.

Trail 3-0 in 7th.

8-1 loss for the Tigers, stunk it up a bit yesterday. Lets see if they can get it back this afternoon

At least the Tigers are getting to play. The Twins could just as well all gone on vacation the last four days.

8-1 loss for the Tigers, stunk it up a bit yesterday. Lets see if they can get it back this afternoon

They better, last few days have been real hard to watch.

What were they, 1 for 12 with runners in scoring position. ?

Fielder has looked terrible since the Seattle series, but Leyland wont give him a day off, not that any of them should need a day off at this point in the season, theyve only played 17 games.

The one problem I have with Leyland is his constantly shuffling the line up getting the bench in, how about letting the regular starters in long enough to get in the swing of things first.

I understand if your struggling, but he'll pull people when they are going good. :rolleyes:

Tigers and Seattlers tired at 0-0 after six. Hmmm. Leyland is sitting Hunter and playing Dirks. We could sure use hit 400 hitting bat in such a close game.

I agree, apparently Hunter needed time off ?
Hardly ...

With Dirks hitting about .182, its a great plan to play him ... way to go Leyland.

Btw, wasn't Dirks suppose to be the answer in LF ?
That should have anything to do with Hunter being out ... :(

Can you believe the luck Porcello is having ?

Hes given up 5 runs so far in the 1st inning , giving up 7 hits and that includes a broken bat , a ground ball that may have made it half way to 3rd, 1 hit to right and the rest have been seeing eye hits, going right up the middle ... and two more since I started typing this.

Infield hits, broken bats and right up the middle are killing him.

Edit:
Game over.

Tigers falling back to .500 quickly. :rant: :mad: :rolleyes: :(

10 hits in the first inning seems like it ought to be a record of some sort ....
2 hits were hit solid, 1 for a HR and 1 for a single, the rest barely made it to the outfield.

Last edited:
Can you believe the luck Porcello is having ?

Hes given up 5 runs so far in the 1st inning , giving up 7 hits and that includes a broken bat , a ground ball that may have made it half way to 3rd, 1 hit to right and the rest have been seeing eye hits, going right up the middle ... and two more since I started typing this.

Infield hits, broken bats and right up the middle are killing him.

Edit:
Game over.

Tigers falling back to .500 quickly. :rant: :mad: :rolleyes: :(

10 hits in the first inning seems like it ought to be a record of some sort ....
2 hits were hit solid, 1 for a HR and 1 for a single, the rest barely made it to the outfield.

Two thoughts:

1. How and the heck are we a .500 team with the talent we have on offense, defense and pitching (less bullpen, of course)? WTF?

2. Rick Porcello is the new Brad Penny, 0-2 with an 11.08 ERA. I said it many times before, but I wish the Tigers would be done with the Rick Porcello Project. The Tigers should Let the Music Do the Talking (Joe Perry Project reference) and get what they can for him in a trade. Heck, I would trade him for a Pecan Pie or a bag of Spitz Sunflower Seeds. :)

Two thoughts:

1. How and the heck are we a .500 team with the talent we have on offense, defense and pitching (less bullpen, of course)? WTF?

2. Rick Porcello is the new Brad Penny, 0-2 with an 11.08 ERA. I said it many times before, but I wish the Tigers would be done with the Rick Porcello Project. The Tigers should Let the Music Do the Talking (Joe Perry Project reference) and get what they can for him in a trade. Heck, I would trade him for a Pecan Pie or a bag of Spitz Sunflower Seeds. :)

So. ?. Your blaming Porcello. ?
He got about 7 balls hit on the ground in the first inning, isnt that the idea. ?

A broken bat single, a swinging bunt for a hit, what do you want him to do, hes Not a Strikeout pitcher.

So. ?. Your blaming Porcello. ?
He got about 7 balls hit on the ground in the first inning, isnt that the idea. ?

A broken bat single, a swinging bunt for a hit, what do you want him to do, hes Not a Strikeout pitcher.

My opinion of Porcello is based on the past 4-years and not just this one game. Regardless, we're going to have to play better...much better than we have so far this season.

My opinion of Porcello is based on the past 4-years and not just this one game. Regardless, we're going to have to play better...much better than we have so far this season.

The Tigers offense is the same as it has been for years ...
They either hit and score, or they don't hit a lick and as we all know 0 runs don't win many games.

Well I had read Mike Socia was on the hot seat, maybe after these two games it's cooled down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)