2013 AL Central

I'm holed up in a hotel this evening (arrived about an hour ago) and was able to sit and watch the 2nd period. I would have stayed at the bar, but I'm dead tired and the cheap bastard (me) doesn't like paying $11 per beer. No NBC Sports Net in the rooms so I'm following Gamecast. Wings were playing well but it's all knotted-up at 1-1. Big, big, big points!!!

Tigers up 7-5. I noticed Scherzer got knocked around a bit. Additionally, Jackson has been ice-cold and is not hittin .278. Conversely, Victor has knocked in a couple runs and brought his average up to .200. Go Tigers!

And here come Papa Grande !

I noticed that he's not wearing his Glasses/Goggles this year. So far.

I'm holed up in a hotel this evening (arrived about an hour ago) and was able to sit and watch the 2nd period. I would have stayed at the bar, but I'm dead tired and the cheap bastard (me) doesn't like paying $11 per beer. No NBC Sports Net in the rooms so I'm following Gamecast. Wings were playing well but it's all knotted-up at 1-1. Big, big, big points!!!

Red Wings win tonight 3-1 ...
Take over 8th place, for the moment.

Papa may have been helped by friendly wind conditions yesterday. Just happy to see him get the save. Being a closer in this city is right up there with being a QB or a goalkeeper. This city really turned on this guy last season. The poor guy had a bad week, for whatever reason, and everybody forgot that he was a major reason that the team was even in the playoffs. At any rate, I hope this works out. For his sake, and the team's sake.

Any idea what they're paying Valverde this year? ESPN shows his salar is not disclosed...but it certainly can't be anywhere close to the 9M he was making in the past. I just hope he can return to form and, at the least, he's the only closer we have right now.

Tigers rolling tonight against the Braves ... up 7-0 in the 4th.

Victor Martinez is 3-3 and climbed his avg up about 50 points, currently at .218, so ya can see where he's been most of the season...

Also, Torii Hunter is having a great night and is also 3-3 tonight so far ... Torii now hitting .395, yup, bad trade for them, he's washed up many said. (btw, playing great D as well. :)

Edit: make that 10-0 ...

Tigers rolling tonight against the Braves ... up 7-0 in the 4th.

Victor Martinez is 3-3 and climbed his avg up about 50 points, currently at .218, so ya can see where he's been most of the season...

Also, Torii Hunter is having a great night and is also 3-3 tonight so far ... Torii now hitting .395, yup, bad trade for them, he's washed up many said. (btw, playing great D as well. :)

Edit: make that 10-0 ...

Wow, and the braves have been a hot team

17k's for Mr. Sanchez, not to shabby :)

That'll do Anibal...that'll do. :)

He sets a franchise record eclipsing Mickey Lolich's two 16 strikeout performances in 1969.

Additionally, out of the Top 5 MLB ERA Leaders since 2012, Justin Verlander is the only AL Pitcher to make the list...which is impressive since he has to deal with a DH each start.

Kris Medlen (Atlanta) 1.66
Clayton Kershaw (Los Angeles) 2.48
Justin Verlander (Detroit) 2.56
Johnny Cueto (Cincinnati) 2.77
Jordan Zimmermann (Washington) 2.80

That'll do Anibal...that'll do. :)

He sets a franchise record eclipsing Mickey Lolich's two 16 strikeout performances in 1969.

Additionally, out of the Top 5 MLB ERA Leaders since 2012, Justin Verlander is the only AL Pitcher to make the list...which is impressive since he has to deal with a DH each start.

Kris Medlen (Atlanta) 1.66
Clayton Kershaw (Los Angeles) 2.48
Justin Verlander (Detroit) 2.56
Johnny Cueto (Cincinnati) 2.77
Jordan Zimmermann (Washington) 2.80

Since 2012 ?
You mean THIS year ?
Not much to choose from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts