2013 AL Central

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yea well it is porcello and why was he.left in so long? Not that anyone else did any better.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
What an embarrassment. This is a championship team? The last 3 series Oakland and Boston just showed us where we stand at this point.

What an embarrassment. This is a championship team? The last 3 series Oakland and Boston just showed us where we stand at this point.

I think they are a championship team. A few series can't wipe out what they have done all year. They can't win them all but they have been right at the top of the AL for quite a while now. If you want to give up on them go ahead but I'll be watching them go into the postseason yet again and try to compete for a World Series championship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think we will just have to disagree.
Our pen isn't close to any team we might face. Our bench Santiago, and Kelly terrible and this left field thing hasn't panned out. If Verlander is not Verlander we have no shot.

I think we will just have to disagree.
Our pen isn't close to any team we might face. Our bench Santiago, and Kelly terrible and this left field thing hasn't panned out. If Verlander is not Verlander we have no shot.

Ok remember that when the postseason starts and don't be jumping on the bandwagon if they make it all the way. Many of the experts are picking us as the favorite and you say we have no shot.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Guys, it's only 1 game ...
Why do people always think the worse when a team gets blown out, would it be any better losing by a run ?

Its still only 1 game ...

I don't hear the opposite when the Tigers are bombing other teams, it happens.

These type of games happen .... the two days before we saw 2 Great pitched games which both teams one, but all anyone can mention was the blow out ...

1 game does not make a season .... unless it's the last game ...

Guys, it's only 1 game ...
Why do people always think the worse when a team gets blown out, would it be any better losing by a run ?

Its still only 1 game ...

I don't hear the opposite when the Tigers are bombing other teams, it happens.

These type of games happen .... the two days before we saw 2 Great pitched games which both teams one, but all anyone can mention was the blow out ...

1 game does not make a season .... unless it's the last game ...

Absolutely agree with this. What happened in a team's last game, has very little to do what will happen the next. Within a game itself, a team can get on a roll and that can snowball, but that has nothing to do with the next game. This is especially true when you have the rotation that the Tigers have.

It's going to be Detroit vs. Boston in the ALCS. Although embarrasing on national TV, I don't fret these one game blow-outs. We'll need to be healthy and firing on all 12 Cylinders heading into the playoffs. Key factors IMO:

- A healthy Miggy
- A confident Verlander
- Sit Rick "I Think You Suck" Porcello (although he would be our best attempt at middle relief)
- Pray our starters pitch into the late innings where Rondon and Benoit can finish (our bullpen cannot be trusted)
- Besides Martinez, we need someone to catch fire in the bottom half of the lineup like Delmon Young did the past two seasons

I am determined to be celebrating a Detroit Tigers World Series Championship this year!

It's going to be Detroit vs. Boston in the ALCS. Although embarrasing on national TV, I don't fret these one game blow-outs. We'll need to be healthy and firing on all 12 Cylinders heading into the playoffs. Key factors IMO:

- A healthy Miggy
- A confident Verlander
- Sit Rick "I Think You Suck" Porcello (although he would be our best attempt at middle relief)
- Pray our starters pitch into the late innings where Rondon and Benoit can finish (our bullpen cannot be trusted)
- Besides Martinez, we need someone to catch fire in the bottom half of the lineup like Delmon Young did the past two seasons

I am determined to be celebrating a Detroit Tigers World Series Championship this year!

I agree with much of what your saying here.

To add to it a little, they actually do have someone hitting in the lower half of the line up, Iggy is hitting , to my surprise, he's still around .310 or there abouts.

Porcello will go to the pen when the Playoffs get here, Porcello and Smiley could end up being HUGE in the playoffs.

I would release Al Al and Coke, or not have them on the playoff roster ... that said, Coke will be there as a Lefty 1 hitter pitcher.

A confident Verlander would be HUGE.
We need J.V. in the process in order to win it all.

Tigers leading KC in the top of the 5th, 13-1, they have not hit a HR tonight yet ...

Shields gave up 14 hits and 10 runs in 3.2/3rds innings.

Mr. Infante has 5 hits and 6 rbi so far, now in the 7th. 15-1 Tigers

Last edited:
They won 16-2. Does that make us automatic World Series champs now. If we are going to over react to losses we might as well do it for wins too.

26 for 49. That'll fatten up some batting averages. It's not too often a team can yank up its batting average by two whole points in one game this late in the season.

To add to it a little, they actually do have someone hitting in the lower half of the line up, Iggy is hitting , to my surprise, he's still around .310 or there abouts.
True, but I meant during the playoffs. As much as Delmon Young scared the crap out of me watching him play left field, his bat sure came ready to play the post-season...especially in New York. Hell, he could use his bat to abuse Yankee pitching by day, and his tongue to verbally abuse those of Yiddish persuasion by night. He was a New York terrorist.

True, but I meant during the playoffs. As much as Delmon Young scared the crap out of me watching him play left field, his bat sure came ready to play the post-season...especially in New York. Hell, he could use his bat to abuse Yankee pitching by day, and his tongue to verbally abuse those of Yiddish persuasion by night. He was a New York terrorist.

I'll pass on Delmon ...

His bat hit in the Playoffs, but he hit about his weight till the playoffs and was a MAJOR LIABILITY in the outfield.

Quite a hitting show the Tigers had last night. It sure beats being on the giving end of things. :)

Typiczlly teams that do this, can't hit the ball the next day.

(ps, didn't look to see what the Red Sox did.)

Lets hope they keep hitting and lets see if Verlander can put together 2 good outings in a row.

Ya all know how the Royals are usually a pita for Detroit.

Verlander takes the mount for the Tigers this evening at 7:10 PM. After the Tigers exploded for a couple dozen hits last night, I sure hope they have some left in the tank for JV.

It's rare but I'll be skipping this one. Friends are coming over to watch the Notre Dame/Michigan game so that's what I'll be watching. I'm sad the rivalry is ending. As a Notre Dame fan living in Michigan it has always been my favorite game of the year. The back and forth with all my friends who went to Michigan is great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)