2013 AL Central

JV set a records with 30 consecutive scoreless innings pitched against the A's.

Consecutive Scoreless Innings Pitched vs a Team in Postseason History

1. Justin Verlander (30) 2012-2013 vs Athletics
2. Christy Mathewson (28) 1905-1911 vs Athletics
3. Lew Burdette (24) 1957 vs Yankees
4. Steve Avery (22 1/3) 1991-1992 vs Pirates
5. George Earnshaw (22) 1930 vs Cardinals

How will Scherzer's relief outing in Game 4 effect the Tigers starting rotation? Will he pitch after Sanchez? I hope Sanchez has a good start in Game 1 because he can be dominant when he's in a groove.

Never mind. I just noticed Max is schedule to pitch Game 2 on Sunday.

Ya it's pretty much the same as it was originally, it's Sanchez turn to start and then they will start the rotation over.
Sanchez, Scherzer, Verlander in game 3 and Fister in game 4.

This will allow Verlander to go in game 7 if it gets that far I believe I heard.

For those that may have missed it ...
Tigers Phil Coke was added to the Post Season roster, Luke Putokenen has been removed and Bruce Rondon is still out.

You wouldn't think that the Red Sox would have a 1.38 ERA through 13 innings and have a good chance to be down 0-2. That's what happens when the Tigers have a 0.00 ERA and have held them to only 1 hit.

Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

That was great starting pitching wasted.

I was pretty worried when Hunter went over the wall. If he'd caught the ball, what would the call have been?

That was great starting pitching wasted.

I was pretty worried when Hunter went over the wall. If he'd caught the ball, what would the call have been?

Had he caught it, I was an out.
He said he was going full speed when he got to the wall.
Says hes fine.

Personally, I think he over ran the ball, would have had it had he been able to slow down a bit.
Gotta give him an A for effort.

Being objective, although last night was a painful loss it was only one game and we set out what we had hoped to do...split the first two games in Boston. Go Tigers!

Yup,
Last Friday, I said to the guy at work when talking about the upcoming weekend games... 2 games in Boston, I hope we split.
I figured that Max would probably win and Sanchez, well ya never know.

Sundays lose was only 1 game, forget about it and move on to Tuesday, get the relievers corrected in the off day, and while their at it, skip this garbage of having to pitch certain people in certain innings, if my starter is going good thru 7, let him pitch the 8th an look at the 9th.

Heres hoping JV pitches well and keeps the pitch count down.

Being objective, although last night was a painful loss it was only one game and we set out what we had hoped to do...split the first two games in Boston. Go Tigers!

A split is great if you lose the first. Win the first and be up 5-1 in the 8th of the second and a split is a disappointment. I worry more about a shift in momentum than anything else.

On the other hand, Verlander can shift momentum all on his own.

A split is great if you lose the first. Win the first and be up 5-1 in the 8th of the second and a split is a disappointment. I worry more about a shift in momentum than anything else.

On the other hand, Verlander can shift momentum all on his own.

Yep I agree a split was the goal. Problem is they had a 2-0 lead coming home before they imploded With more realistic shot of not having to go back to Boston. Now they just might.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

Can we talk about all this in the playoff thread? I don't come into this thread and would really like to see all this discussed in the playoff thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts