2014 AL Central

Before you get all giddy .... remember it's only Spring Training ... seeing I don't follow the Phils at all, I don't know how many regulars played, but I do know Cliff Lee pitched as well.

I know it's early but he through well, mixed his pitches, and had the Nats hitters off-kilter. And yes, he did face many of their starters last week (it was a good match for them as well) who were in the game until the 5th-inning. To me, JV looked out-of-sync (not horrible, but not JV-like) until August last year. Right now he look confident, his mechanics look good, and he is in control on the mound. I think that's a fair assessment and there is reason to be optimistic.

I know it's early but he through well, mixed his pitches, and had the Nats hitters off-kilter. And yes, he did face many of their starters last week (it was a good match for them as well) who were in the game until the 5th-inning. To me, JV looked out-of-sync (not horrible, but not JV-like) until August last year. Right now he look confident, his mechanics look good, and he is in control on the mound. I think that's a fair assessment and there is reason to be optimistic.

I AGREE !

And now ESPN is reporting 10 years at just under $300 million. I like the 7 year $200 million rumor much better.

Tigers, Miguel Cabrera have deal

Two-time American League MVP Miguel Cabrera has agreed to terms with the Detroit Tigers on a new 10-year contract that will pay him just under $300 million, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

The new contract, which covers the two years remaining on Cabrera's current deal and eight additional years, is expected to become official later this week, the source said.

CBSSports.com earlier reported Detroit and Cabrera were closing in on an agreement that would make the superstar slugger a Tiger for life.

The deal is actually for 8 years, not 10, as the contract starts in 2013, so he's being paid extra for last year and this year is the start of the rest of the contract, from the way I read it.

He's 30 now ...

I wonder what Max is thinking now ?

Tigers at the end of the year :

Max, what figure are you looking at for your next contract ?
What ?
Oh, Sorry Max, we put that money into Cabrera's contract.
We made a great offer before Cabrera to you and you turned it down.

What, you say you Love Detroit and still want to be here ... thats great to hear .

Heres our offer ...
Yes, I know it's less than the offer before the season started, but you went 15-7 this year ...

I wonder what Max is thinking now ?

Tigers at the end of the year :

Max, what figure are you looking at for your next contract ?
What ?
Oh, Sorry Max, we put that money into Cabrera's contract.
We made a great offer before Cabrera to you and you turned it down.

What, you say you Love Detroit and still want to be here ... thats great to hear .

Heres our offer ...
Yes, I know it's less than the offer before the season started, but you went 15-7 this year ...

I don't expect him back. Sealed it for me after the weekend of team said, he said.

I don't expect him back. Sealed it for me after the weekend of team said, he said.

I DO expect him back ...

He still wants to be in Detroit ...

I think it was Boros talking. Boris made an offer to the Tigers and they turned it down, or so he says ... sorry, thats not how it works.

Max has taken the whole thing in stride ... I think at the end of the season they will get together and the Tigers will offer him a figure according to how this year went ...
I think Max would have been smart to take the offer from last week, if he blows his arm out this year, he won't have those type of options available to him probably EVER again.

Max is a very down to earth guy from what I have seen from him.

If he has another great year, he will be looking at even more money.
Mr. Illitch pays his players accordingly.

Remember, Max has only had 1 really good year in his career so far.

I too expect Max back...but with a caveat. The Tigers payroll, and multiple MVPs and Cy Young winners, they are expecting results. And those results are a World Series Championship and not merely an appearance. Tigers win it this year and he's coming back. If not...well, then it becomes a question of where do the Tigers spend the money to move the team over the that hurdle. Regardless, I'm expecting a Big Year from the Tigers this season. :)

I DO expect him back ...

He still wants to be in Detroit ...

I think it was Boros talking. Boris made an offer to the Tigers and they turned it down, or so he says ... sorry, thats not how it works.

Max has taken the whole thing in stride ... I think at the end of the season they will get together and the Tigers will offer him a figure according to how this year went ...
I think Max would have been smart to take the offer from last week, if he blows his arm out this year, he won't have those type of options available to him probably EVER again.

Max is a very down to earth guy from what I have seen from him.

If he has another great year, he will be looking at even more money.
Mr. Illitch pays his players accordingly.

Remember, Max has only had 1 really good year in his career so far.

Walk of base hit for Gonzales. Outside of the error he had a pretty good debut. Looks like the Tigs are going from bell to bell in first place this year.

While I understand it due to weather, I really hate the Day OFF after Opening day ...

You just get started and gotta stop ...

YEAH tomorrow, more Tigers baseball !

Fwiw, The Indians played the A's home Opener last night and have another game tonight .... hows that work, they are in Oakland.
Oakland must not care if Opening day gets rained out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)