2014 AL Central

While I understand it due to weather, I really hate the Day OFF after Opening day ...

You just get started and gotta stop ...

YEAH tomorrow, more Tigers baseball !

Fwiw, The Indians played the A's home Opener last night and have another game tonight .... hows that work, they are in Oakland.
Oakland must not care if Opening day gets rained out.

Fwiw, Game 2 got RAINED OUT in Oakland ....

While I understand it due to weather, I really hate the Day OFF after Opening day ...

You just get started and gotta stop ...

YEAH tomorrow, more Tigers baseball !

Fwiw, The Indians played the A's home Opener last night and have another game tonight .... hows that work, they are in Oakland.
Oakland must not care if Opening day gets rained out.

I agree, I don't like it either. But like you said, they have to do it in the Eastern/Northern cities because of the risk of inclement weather. Opening Day is not just a game, it's an event. Interestingly, the Red Sox open at home against the Brewers Friday afternoon and there is no built in off day on Saturday. If there was a postponement, I guess they would have to do a seperate admission day/night DH on Saturday (the fact that Opening Day at Fenway will include the ring ceremony and the championship banner being raised, a postponement would present a logistical nightmare).

I agree, I don't like it either. But like you said, they have to do it in the Eastern/Northern cities because of the risk of inclement weather. Opening Day is not just a game, it's an event. Interestingly, the Red Sox open at home against the Brewers Friday afternoon and there is no built in off day on Saturday. If there was a postponement, I guess they would have to do a seperate admission day/night DH on Saturday (the fact that Opening Day at Fenway will include the ring ceremony and the championship banner being raised, a postponement would present a logistical nightmare).

Interesting .... the forecast for Boston is 80% rain on Friday and rain again on Saturday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...1.05976944699967&site=all&smap=1#.Uzyc6aKmWz8

Nice to win, but the Nathan Hot Dog guy cost Max a shutout win. Kinsler knocked in both runs for the Tigers.

Joe Nathan had been a consistent closer for a long time now. He is going to have games where he is off now and then just like every other pitcher. This is not a Valverde situation though.

Joe Nathan had been a consistent closer for a long time now. He is going to have games where he is off now and then just like every other pitcher. This is not a Valverde situation though.

My introduction to Mr. Nathan is a blown save. The closer role has been an issue with this the past two season...and even when Valverde has all those saves 3-years ago, he was frequently pitching himself into trouble. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for our bullpen this season. Oh, speaking of closers...we lost Rondon for the year, right?

My introduction to Mr. Nathan is a blown save. The closer role has been an issue with this the past two season...and even when Valverde has all those saves 3-years ago, he was frequently pitching himself into trouble. Anyway, I'll keep my fingers crossed for our bullpen this season. Oh, speaking of closers...we lost Rondon for the year, right?

Yep Rondon is gone. As for Nathan, he had a lot of good years in Minnesota and then closed for the Rangers.

Nathan has a long track record of success, he'll be fine.

Would you rather have Valverde or Jones ?

Tigers had 10-minutes and 35-minute rain delays, but the game has resumed. I won't mentioned the score for those who are recording the game.

Anyway, what the hell are all these AL/NL East/West/Central threads? They're trying to capture a little of the AL Central thread magic, I will assume.

Anyway, what the hell are all these AL/NL East/West/Central threads? They're trying to capture a little of the AL Central thread magic, I will assume.

Ya, they finally stole our idea ... :D

Only problem is now I have to look closer to see what thread I am in, the other day I clicked on the AL East when I wanted the AL Central.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts