$299 HD-DVR w/ $100 rebate

Status
Please reply by conversation.
holman3rd said:
Plus, they said there won't be any credit given for swapping old HD DVR's for the new ones. Basically, she said I should just wait rather than paying $499 for an HD DVR now and then having to pay full price for an upgrade a year from now.

They damn well better not try and charge me for a new HD-DVR! They already made a press release saying how current HD-Tivo owners would only have to pay shipping and handling in order to get the new MPEG4 HD-DVR in '06. I think as usual the CSR knows nothing but talks anyway.

BTW, I got my HD-Tivo on August 20th and I still haven't received my $100 rebate. I'm going to call tonight to try and find out where it is.

kbohip said:
They damn well better not try and charge me for a new HD-DVR! They already made a press release saying how current HD-Tivo owners would only have to pay shipping and handling in order to get the new MPEG4 HD-DVR in '06. I think as usual the CSR knows nothing but talks anyway.

BTW, I got my HD-Tivo on August 20th and I still haven't received my $100 rebate. I'm going to call tonight to try and find out where it is.

I'm definitely inclined to agree with you. It just wasn't worth arguing with a CSR who I figured didn't know what they were talking about.

Can you imagine the customer backlash (more like revolt) if they try something like that?

Press Release

I just ordered the HD Tivo for $249 when its all said and done... But a comment I read will make me cancel the order. Just before the 2 way satellite internet service was released, I orded directWay for my dad. DirectTV had a press release saying the updgrade to the new 2 way dish would be $100 + shipping and handling. When the 2 way dish was released, the charge to upgrade was $500 or something. I have no faith that DirectTV will honor their claim to just paying shipping and handling for the upgrade. Anybody who buys the HD Tivo will probably have to buy a new DVR at full retail. (or for whatever deal they can get out of the cancellation department)

I think the HDDVR swapout is going to work like the current H20 swapout...pay $200 and get a $200 rebate.

If Directv tries to make me pay full retail to swap out my HD-DTivo with the new DVR, then I'm gone.

I don't trust their rebate as I had to call and get a credit for the rebate since they lost my form twice.

lost your form as in they never sent it to you? You can print them out on their website.

Just tried to order HDTivo today and was told that only offer was 649 with 100MIR. I said no thanks and will try again at a later time. I already have 1 HD Tivo and sub to HD NFL Ticket and SuperFan. I am only about 10 months into year contract however. I thought I could get better, oh well I may have to settle for standard HD receiver but it is hard to lose tivo functions.

mike

Once again everybody loses their mind over what a CSR had to say. Can't we learn ever that the CSR's are told nothing, don't know anything, and that anyone that has ever been inclined to read or post on this website probably...no...most definitely knows more than any CSR. There will be a swap out. Not even D* has the kahunas to change over to a new technology and tell everyone that they now need new equipment come and buy it. We know from the folks on here that are in the know that there will be a swapout. So my point is why even start all of the negative,"I'm gonna jump ship nonsense. We are being forced to wait. So wait.

Beavis said:
I think the HDDVR swapout is going to work like the current H20 swapout...pay $200 and get a $200 rebate.

Considering what Ive seen them do in the past there will be no check coming to anyone in the mail. You will Pay 200 dollars and they will give you free service for X amount of months equal to 200 dollars. Im sorry but that is not a rebate. I wish everyone would stop calling that kind of deal a rebate.

CPanther95 said:
One of the coupon/ad sites is reporting that Best Buy will be selling the HD-Tivo for $399 after MIR on Black Friday.

Correct and so are we. Our sale starts a few days earlier on November 23. Of course, we include our 5 yr. extended warranty, shirt and free shipping and no sales tax as well.

The H20 will also be on sale with free shipping and a $200 mail-in rebate making it free after rebate.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The H20 will also be on sale with free shipping and a $200 mail-in rebate making it free after rebate.

-Robert

Robert, any ETA on the LG made H20s?

Thanks,
sfin54

Robert:

Is the MIR the same $100 rebate from before? If so, I assume we can't get it again? (Although I've never received the first one :mad: )

I'd rather order from VE than Best Buy anyway - especially if the BB sale is only for the weekend after Thanksgiving. I don't want to step foot in a B&M store in Nov. or Dec.

Slow rebate

I sent in my rebate form on 9/23. I called to check on it on 11/7, the person I talked to said to call back two weeks later. I called today, there is still no record of my rebate. The rep I talked to wanted to send me another rebate form, but I said that was ridiculous, and could you just credit my account the $100? He put me on hold for about 5 minutes, then came back and said he got the ok to do that. I checked my account, and sure enough, I have the credit.

Now why couldn't they have just issued credits in the first place, instead of dealing with this rebate hassle?

sequoiadean said:
I sent in my rebate form on 9/23. I called to check on it on 11/7, the person I talked to said to call back two weeks later. I called today, there is still no record of my rebate. The rep I talked to wanted to send me another rebate form, but I said that was ridiculous, and could you just credit my account the $100? He put me on hold for about 5 minutes, then came back and said he got the ok to do that. I checked my account, and sure enough, I have the credit.

Now why couldn't they have just issued credits in the first place, instead of dealing with this rebate hassle?

I have a similar story: except so far, mine doesn't have a happy ending. I mailed in my rebate form on the 19th of August, but forgot all about it until I was cruising this thread again the other day. So I called the new "Just for you..." csr number. After being put on hold 3 times, I was told that the $100 "instant credit" that was applied to my account in August was in lieu of the dvr rebate (not what I had agreed to @ purchase) & that the rebate would not be forthcoming.

She also stated that I could dispute the rebate situation by completing some items on the reverse side of my statement--don't see anything on the reverse about filing a dispute.

I wrote down the reps name & the terms when I agreed to the deal for the HR10-250 in August. Any suggestions?

I called customer retention yesterday and was told they haven't received my rebate forms either.

I gave him the USPS Priority Mail tracking number showing a T. Roger signed for it at D* on 14 Sept. After he looked that up on the USPS website he put me on hold.

When he came back he told me that they hadn't received my rebate forms and there was nothing he could do over the phone and that they weren't allowed to issue credits from there. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold again.

While I was on hold I filled out the mail theft form under the Postal Inspectors link on the USPS website. https://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/mailthft/default.htm (IMO: based on the numbers someone is either stealing their mail or it's fraud on D*'s part).

When he came back he said there was no supervisor that could speak to me, but I should send my rebate forms again. I politely told him I wasn't going to mail anything in again since someone must be stealing mail at the facility in Mira Loma, CA and that I would leave it up to the postal inspectors/FBI to see who got my forms. He then issued me a credit without skipping a beat "since I had obvious proof that we received your rebate eleven weeks ago".

Incredible.

They tried that same crap with me about my $100 credit when I ordered the HD-Tivo. I had sent in 2 rebates (because they apparently lost my first one) and finally got pissed enough to call and ask for the instant credit instead of waiting longer.

At first they tried to say that the $100 credit when I ordered was the rebate. No sir, that's not what I agreed to.

My wife likes D* but hates their customer service.

My son just received his $100 rebate check with a 7-8 week turnaround. Too bad D* can't do this for everyone without the hassles some have to go through!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)