AL CENTRAL

4 After todays great 3 homer fest..What are the Royals the Yankees all of a sudden..Oh wait the famous Leyland Stretch run melt down!!!I have a bad feeling about this weekend.

Royals do this to Detroit EVERY year.

I think I saw tonight that the Royals have 10 or 11 wins against the Tigers this year, so far .......

Then the Tigers have 7 more with the Twins and a 3 games series with the White Sox I think.

The Twins will end up winning this thing after all .... The Tigers are just going thru the motions.
Verlander and Jackson have both been struggling of late, If it were me, I'd skip both of them for thier next time up, unless it's against the Twins, they are the only team that matters at the moment.

They can't hit right now consistently and the pitching staff is riddled with injuries and let downs.

Seems like this division was RIPE for the taking and these guys are just crapping the bed. Everyone should be 10 games behind them by now.

Hell, the tribe and sox threw in the towel a long time ago and even the twinkies have their best player and pitcher down for the year. What else do these guys need?

I hope they hold on to this, and recapture some '06 magic and make a run in the post season. It's panic mode for me right now, they aren't done...yet.

ESPN is already writing your Halo's off if they play Boston. That's why they play the games....

Sorry, this isn't AL Central material, but I wanted to say that this past nightmare in Fenway will either break them of this "curse" in a huge way or it will live with the Angels for a long, long time as this team will not look this strong again for sometime. It is dfinitely "GO TIME!".

The attitude around here changes like the wind. Never saw so much bitching about a first place team.

Have you watched therm play in the last month or so ?

There's NO emotion, no desire to give the extra effort ....
playing very lack luster

Losing tonight 3-0 in the 7th ... team can't get a hit with runners on base to save thier life.

Have you watched therm play in the last month or so ?

There's NO emotion, no desire to give the extra effort ....
playing very lack luster

Losing tonight 3-0 in the 7th ... team can't get a hit with runners on base to save thier life.
Agreed. The leads will shortly be down to 3-games. Hopefully this will serve as their wake-up call.

Last edited:
The Twins are incredibly resilent.

If anyone could dig up that picture of Mike Myers that BillD put up during last year's playoffs, that would be fitting.

I see we have a few Twins fans that decided to show up (wii player) :up

Not you Iceberg, we know where your from :)

Welcome to the AL Central thread !

I have learned many years ago that you don't ever count the Twins out. :(

Hahaha, and the melt down continues..Can someoneexplan to me why they have that idiot on left?He has never played in that dome in the outfield, EVER..So lets just throw him out there in the middle of a pennant race.

Bonehead managing again. Again this team does not deserve to go the playoffs, and Wont, because they cannot hit. What a wasted effort on Verlanders part again.

Shameful too considering the over 2 million fans that showed up in this economy to see this team..Like I said it would be one game by sunday night.

Hahaha, and the melt down continues..Can someoneexplan to me why they have that idiot on left?He has never played in that dome in the outfield, EVER..So lets just throw him out there in the middle of a pennant race.

Bonehead managing again. Again this team does not deserve to go the playoffs, and Wont, because they cannot hit. What a wasted effort on Verlanders part again.

Shameful too considering the over 2 million fans that showed up in this economy to see this team..Like I said it would be one game by sunday night.

I agree with alot you say, I would not be surprised, if they finished the season in third :(

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)