AL CENTRAL

Indians fall 6-5. Thanks a lot ump!

A BAD day for umpire Phil Cuzzy.

An unfortunate day for the Indians.

I'm not one for using umpires as excuses, but this one was awful all day long and especially when it counted most! This moron cost us the game!

KCK, you've got to see this. DeRo was up against Mo Rivera in the 9th. There were runners at first and second with two outs. I think Phil Cuzzy was more confused by Mo's slider than DeRo! He called two strikes that were completely out of the strike-zone and the final one to call him for the final out! DeRo was furious, slammed his bat and chewed the ump out. You don't make that call to end the game. It was an awful call and Umpire Phil Cuzzy was wrong! :mad:

KCK, you've got to see this. DeRo was up against Mo Rivera in the 9th. There were runners at first and second with two outs. I think Phil Cuzzy was more confused by Mo's slider than DeRo! He called two strikes that were completely out of the strike-zone and the final one to call him for the final out! DeRo was furious, slammed his bat and chewed the ump out. You don't make that call to end the game. It was an awful call and Umpire Phil Cuzzy was wrong! :mad:

Cue the pro-Yankee conspiracy theorists...

I'm not one for using umpires as excuses, but this one was awful all day long and especially when it counted most! This moron cost us the game!

My man DOES have a bit of Sicilian temper in him. ;)

Welcome to my world! :rolleyes:

Don't me wrong, Mo is a Hall Of Fame pitcher. In fact, IMO, he's the greatest closer ever. BUT, he has received the benefit of the doubt more times than I care to remember on called strikes.

Game 3 of the Indians-Yankees series is the Fox Game of the Week tomorrow at 4:00 ET.

UH-OH, it's going head-to-head with Pistons-Cavs game 1! :eek:

Better stock up on batteries for that remote, Matt! ;)

Decisions, decisions.................................. :D

Game 3 of the Indians-Yankees series is the Fox Game of the Week tomorrow at 4:00 ET.

Oh, he will be wetting his pants he'll be in such a tizzy!:p:p:p

BTW, this is ONE time I wish we were getting a Yankees game as G.O.W.

What a day fellas! Injuns v. Yanks and Cavs v. Pistons! Wow!

I DVR'd both and watched them both in their entirety....

BTW, I have quite a lengthy post to recap today's Tribe game. It will follow shortly, as soon as my heart stops racing... :D

BTW, I have quite a lengthy post to recap today's Tribe game. It will follow shortly, as soon as my heart stops racing... :D

Damn you, HD. I wish you would show more EMOTION for your team! You are sometimnes just so blaze' about everything. "Ho hum...another Tribe win..." :neener

Don't you mean lengthy post to recap the second inning?

In all my years, I don't think I've ever seen such a one inning beat down like that. :eek:

Last edited:
The House that Cleveland Shat On!!!!

CUE CHEAP TRICK BECAUSE THE YANKEES JUST "SURRENDERED"!!!!!! :eek: :D

The home run derby isn't until July, but somebody didn't tell Cleveland! (6 home runs).

To say the new Yankee Stadium is a "hitters park" is a HUGE understatement! It's still April and the ball flies out of this stadium like a canon! In the first 3 days of the new stadium's existence, the Indians have outscored the Yanks 37-12!

Meanwhile, 5 miles down the road in Citi Field, the Mets win 1-0! Ho-hum...

The Indians just set the bar for Yankee Stadium's new record book scoring 14 runs in the second inning of a 22-4 victory! Never has a team scored as much in 1 inning against the Yankees.

The most runs against the Yankees in a complete game was 24. This was set by the 1928 Cleveland Indians (of course). The 2009 version came just 3 runs shy of beating their previous record. Today's 22 runs tied the most given up at home in Yankees history, also shared with the '87 Indians. Anyone noticing a trend here? The Indians beat up on the Yankees like a rented mule!

And for those of you who didn't watch the national televised event on Fox, Asdrubal Cabrera (our #9 hitter) just missed out on his 2nd grand slam of the day in the 9th inning by 12". Instead, the Yankees left fielder slammed against the wall to make the catch for the 3rd and final out, saving them 4 more runs and a 26-4 finale. Consider youself lucky Yankee fans. It could've been much worse.

A few key stats:

G. Sizemore: 3 for 4, 1 HR, 1 RBI
M. DeRosa: 4 for 7, 1 HR, 6 RBI
V. Martinez: 2 for 4, 1 HR, 2 RBI
T. Hafner: 3 for 7, 1 HR, 1 RBI
A. Cabrera: 4 for 6, 1 Grandslam, 5 RBI
S. Choo: 2 for 4, 1 HR, 3 RBI

Lost in this blowout was Tribe manager, Eric Wedge earning his 500th win as Skipper for the Tribe. Congrat's Wedgie! I'm sure you'll remember this win for quite some time!

Carl Pavano takes the mound tomorrow for the Tribe for the first time against his former team. Not that this series needed more drama, but the plot will indeed thicken....

Last edited:
How about Zack Greinke!!!

The Royals righthander threw a complete game, 7 hit shutout against the Rangers. He also struck out 10 batters.

Greinke is now 3-0 and has thrown 20 scoreless innings to start the season! :eek:

CUE CHEAP TRICK BECAUSE THE YANKEES JUST "SURRENDERED"!!!!!! :eek:

The home run derby isn't until July, but somebody didn't tell Cleveland! (6 home runs).

To say the new Yankee Stadium is a "hitters park" is a HUGE understatement! It's still April and the ball flies out of this stadium like a canon! In the first 3 days of the new stadium's existence, the Indians have outscored the Yanks 37-12!

Meanwhile, 5 miles down the road in Citi Field, the Mets win 1-0! Ho-hum...

The Indians just set the bar for Yankee Stadium's new record book scoring 14 runs in the second inning of a 22-4 victory! Never has a team scored as much in 1 inning against the Yankees.

The most runs against the Yankees in a complete game was 24. This was set by the 1928 Cleveland Indians (of course). The 2009 version came just 3 runs shy of beating their previous record. Today's 22 runs tied the most given up at home in Yankees history, also shared with the '87 Indians. Anyone noticing a trend here? The Indians beat up on the Yankees like a rented mule!

And for those of you who didn't watch the national televised event on Fox, Asdrubal Cabrera (our #9 hitter) just missed out on his 2nd grand slam of the day in the 9th inning by 12". Instead, the Yankees left fielder slammed against the wall to make the catch for the 3rd and final out, saving them 4 more runs and a 26-4 finale. Consider youself lucky Yankee fans. It could've been much worse.

A few key stats:

G. Sizemore: 3 for 4, 1 HR, 1 RBI
M. DeRosa: 4 for 7, 1 HR, 6 RBI
V. Martinez: 2 for 4, 1 HR, 2 RBI
T. Hafner: 3 for 7, 1 HR, 1 RBI
A. Cabrera: 4 for 6, 1 Grandslam, 5 RBI
S. Choo: 2 for 4, 1 HR, 3 RBI

Lost in this blowout was Tribe manager, Eric Wedge earning his 500th win as Skipper for the Tribe. Congrat's Wedgie! I'm sure you'll remember this win for quite some time!

Carl Pavano takes the mound tomorrow for the Tribe for the first time against his former team. Not that this series needed more drama, but the plot will indeed thicken....

1-0 a ho-hum victory for the Mets???!!! Thanks a lot HD. :D Eric Wedge must be good if you call your manager Wedgie.

Be careful about the Yankees. Just saw a stat on Baseball Tonight. The Wilkes Barre Yanks, the Triple A team, is 11-0 on the year!!! Ian Kennedy, Phil Hughes and Kei Igawa, I believe, are 5-0 combined!!! Uh oh.

Be careful about the Yankees. Just saw a stat on Baseball Tonight. The Wilkes Barre Yanks, the Triple A team, is 11-0 on the year!!! Ian Kennedy, Phil Hughes and Kei Igawa, I believe, are 5-0 combined!!! Uh oh.

Other than Wang, the Yankees are just fine in the rotation.

The bridge to Mo Rivera is quite another story.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Yankees move Joba back to the bullpen to help stabilize it, and call up Phil Hughes for the rotation.

How about Zack Greinke!!!

The Royals righthander threw a complete game, 7 hit shutout against the Rangers. He also struck out 10 batters.

Greinke is now 3-0 and has thrown 20 scoreless innings to start the season! :eek:

Greinke has now thrown 34 consecutive scoreless innings dating back to last season.

Rodney now has allowed only one base runner in 5 appearances. The amazing thing is that he is doing with just two pitches; fastball and that amazing change up. Second shutout in the last four games by Tiger pitchers.

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)