AL CENTRAL

That Mother F*er Phil Cuzzi is the 2nd base umpire today. Supposidly he had the "best look" at the interference/home run call. He was the same one who was the home plate umpire on Friday who called those 2 balls for strikes for the final out, killing a rally and possible Tribe win!

This Phil Cuzzi is terrible!

See what I mean, HD? That 2 run blooper by Cuzzi is amoot point now. Your own man blew the game. Sorry.

Looking at the score board, you're right. However there's no telling whether the psyche of the pitcher was shot after that lousy call. If we make it out of the inning unscathed, maybe Jenson Lewis is still in the game, instead of Betencourt who eventually gives up the 3 runs. Who knows. But I still think that lousy call changed the entire complexion of the game.

Thanks a lot Cuzzi.

Looking at the score board, you're right. However there's no telling whether the psyche of the pitcher was shot after that lousy call. If we make it out of the inning unscathed, maybe Jenson Lewis is still in the game, instead of Betencourt who eventually gives up the 3 runs. Who knows. But I still think that lousy call changed the entire complexion of the game.

Thanks a lot Cuzzi.

NO DOUBT! That's why you have to play UP to a bad ump call not let it bring you down. ;)

Poor Carl Pavano.
6 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 4 SO, 1 BB

We finally get a good starting performance and ultimately we can't get to our ACE, Kerry Wood for the save opportunity. Despite Phil Cuzzi, I share blame with our bullpen, which is quite the shame since the bullpen was supposed to be our strong suit.

PS, Phil go to the nearest Optometrist immediately. You can't see worth a S*!

Poor Carl Pavano.
6 IP, 1 ER, 6 H, 4 SO, 1 BB

We finally get a good starting performance and ultimately we can't get to our ACE, Kerry Wood for the save opportunity. Despite Phil Cuzzi, I share blame with our bullpen. Which is quite the shame since the bullpen was supposed to be our strong suit.

I sympathize with you there, pal. All three games in Minneapolis had fine starts that were blown buy the pen. We are in the same boat right now...the Angels with FOUR starters on the DL!!!!!!:eek:

Todays Tiger Update !!!

8th inning, Tigers up on Seattle 8-1.
Ric Porcello went 7 gave up 5 hits and 1 run, 3 K's and NO walks.
Porcello retired 14 in a row at one point.

In comes the other rookie, Ryan Perry.
.2 2 hits, 1 K, 0 walks

[ame="http://espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=290419112"]Detroit Tigers vs. Seattle Mariners - Recap - April 19, 2009 - ESPN[/ame]

Last edited:
Todays Tiger Update !!!

8th inning, Tigers up on Seattle 8-1.
Ric Porcello went 7 gave up 5 hits and 1 run, 3 K's and NO walks.

In comes the other rookie, Ryan Perry.
.2 2 hits, 1 K, 0 walks

Tigers playing some small ball?? did not see all of the game but looking at box scores no HR's? Ramone Santiago has always been a solid player, nice to see him have a nice game today!

Tigers playing some small ball?? did not see all of the game but looking at box scores no HR's? Ramone Santiago has always been a solid player, nice to see him have a nice game today!
Santiago has always been a good fielder, with a below avg. batting avg., but doing much better this year , so far.

The starting staff has been lights out of late, as has the Bullpen..This staff is not as bad as everyone thought they would be..If Verlander would get his crap together and stop having one inning blow ups we might have 2 more wins.

The starting staff has been lights out of late, as has the Bullpen..This staff is not as bad as everyone thought they would be..If Verlander would get his crap together and stop having one inning blow ups we might have 2 more wins.

Relax, it's WAY to early to start worrying about that stuff, he'll be fine, just getting into the flow of things, he's gotten better each game.
He had No Hit stuff last time out ... he'll be fine.

Yes, at this point the staff is much better than the general public thought (media).
Getting better soon too.
Zumaya is pitching at AAA Toledo and a step or two from being back with the Tigers.

Jackson has been BETTER than advertised, which was very good to start with.
Galaraga has picked up where he left off last year, we didn't know if he was going to be a one hit wonder of continue his progressions to be a solid everyday pitcher, remember, till last year he was very avg, to below avg pitcher.
We found a diamond in the rough there, or I should say Dom did.
Porcello continues to impress.
Perry looks good in taking Zumaya's spot for the time being.

Jimbo

I agree about Jackson, and i am not worried about Justin, but this is a tough division that knows him well. His delivery looks much better.
I said the same thing about no hit stuff after he mowed them down in the 4th, then the 5th came, UGH!!

Speaking of deliveries, how do you like Porcello? his delivery is smooth and flawless, I think its early but that kid is going to be scary good. Just think if Bondo comes back to full form..The starting 5 will be sick.

Back to Porcello, the movement on all of his pitches is ridiculous for a kid of 20 years old..And does he get rattled ever?

I agree about Jackson, and i am not worried about Justin, but this is a tough division that knows him well. His delivery looks much better.
I said the same thing about no hit stuff after he mowed them down in the 4th, then the 5th came, UGH!!

Speaking of deliveries, how do you like Porcello? his delivery is smooth and flawless, I think its early but that kid is going to be scary good. Just think if Bondo comes back to full form..The starting 5 will be sick.

Back to Porcello, the movement on all of his pitches is ridiculous for a kid of 20 years old..And does he get rattled ever?

Porcello reminds me alot of Justin when he was in his first year so far.
Also, remember, Verlander is only 26 years old, his prime won't be for another few years to start with.

I'm not worried about Verlander, at least not yet. Here's a question for you guys - what do you do with Santiago when Everett comes back from the flu? Santiago is second on the team with 11 RBI's, and his fielding is always, spectacular. I say play out the string, until he stops hitting.

Porcello was outstanding yesterday. Now we just need to put a good 5-7 game winning streak together, to give us a little distance from the rest of the division, especially over the struggling Tribe. You know they won't play like that forever.

I'm not worried about Verlander, at least not yet. Here's a question for you guys - what do you do with Santiago when Everett comes back from the flu? Santiago is second on the team with 11 RBI's, and his fielding is always, spectacular. I say play out the string, until he stops hitting.

Porcello was outstanding yesterday. Now we just need to put a good 5-7 game winning streak together, to give us a little distance from the rest of the division, especially over the struggling Tribe. You know they won't play like that forever.

Santiago has always been solid in his pinch hitting roles and now that he has been getting some playing time has been playing well. Lets see if it continues. I think the division will be close all year. So yes a winning streak will help. But I think even KC will stay in the mix this year as well.

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)