AL CENTRAL

1B Miguel Cabrera reached his 26th birthday Saturday with a total of 179 home runs, exactly as many as Hank Aaron had on his 26th birthday. He Cabrera has 45 more RBI than Aaron did when he turned 26 but 22 less than Ty Cobb at the same age, 24 more home runs than Willie Mays did at 26 and 239 more RBI than Mays at the same age. Ken Griffey Jr. had 10 more home runs than Cabrera when he turned 26 but Detroit’s first baseman has 10 more RBI than Griffey did.

Pretty nice company.

1B Miguel Cabrera reached his 26th birthday Saturday with a total of 179 home runs, exactly as many as Hank Aaron had on his 26th birthday. He Cabrera has 45 more RBI than Aaron did when he turned 26 but 22 less than Ty Cobb at the same age, 24 more home runs than Willie Mays did at 26 and 239 more RBI than Mays at the same age. Ken Griffey Jr. had 10 more home runs than Cabrera when he turned 26 but Detroit’s first baseman has 10 more RBI than Griffey did.

Pretty nice company.

We're now mentioning Miguel Cabrera in the same breath as Hank Aaron and Willie Mays!? What are you guys drinking in Motown?! I want some. ;) :eek:

Nothing just saying that he is still learning it..For all we know he might turn into a gold glover over there..

Leyland thinks so also, but then, what else is he going to say? From what I've seen, he's gotten pretty good at 1st base.

I like that we're able to play "small ball" now too. Losing Sheffield was addition by subtraction, giving Leyland a lot of flexibility in the lower third of the line up. Now we don't have to rely on the "big" inning anymore, although there hasn't been a shortage of those so far, has there?

Tribe's got today off. Starting tomorrow we will begin our quest to take over the AL Central though starting with a 3 game series against KC and then against Minnesota.

I'm not worried about Verlander, at least not yet. Here's a question for you guys - what do you do with Santiago when Everett comes back from the flu? Santiago is second on the team with 11 RBI's, and his fielding is always, spectacular. I say play out the string, until he stops hitting.

Porcello was outstanding yesterday. Now we just need to put a good 5-7 game winning streak together, to give us a little distance from the rest of the division, especially over the struggling Tribe. You know they won't play like that forever.

I agree with everything you've mentioned here.
Verlander is coming around.
Santiago, let him continue to play till he quits hitting.

Porcello is learning quickly and looking very good doing it. :)

Tribe's got today off. Starting tomorrow we will begin our quest to take over the AL Central though starting with a 3 game series against KC and then against Minnesota.

You've got 4 teams to pass, so you better start playing ... fortunately for all, no one is very far behind.

Indians, Cavs, Blue Jackets. All on tonight! Oooohhh weee, that remote's gonna get a work out tonight! :eek:

I'm doing the same kinda thing, but LIVE. I'm gonna start out @ Angel Stadium and then scoot cross the parking lots and take in the 3rd period of the Sharks vs. Ducks Game 3.

Should be fun.

Paul,

If the Marine layer holds out like they plan it will until after midnight, look for the balls to go FLYING out of the Big A tonight. It is in the 90's and thin, dry air right now. :eek:

One sniff closer to the top.

Indians 8-7 over the Royals. White Sox and Detroit lose. Twins game PPD due to rain.

Our starting pitching is starting to look good. We're now consistently getting past the 6th unscathed. Aaron Laffey, through 7IP, only gave up 1 ER. The problem still lies in the late setup men. The Bullpen gave up 6 ER in 2 innings. That's a problem and someone needs to bridge the gap to our stud closer Kerry Wood. As soon as that's ironed out, we'll be golden.

Go Tribe!

Chance of freezing rain/flurries tonight. Hang in their boys. This weekend, we're expecting highs near 80°F! What a weather pattern we have in NE Ohio!

One sniff closer to the top.

Indians 8-7 over the Royals. White Sox and Detroit lose. Twins game PPD due to rain.

Our starting pitching is starting to look good. We're now consistently getting past the 6th unscathed. Aaron Laffey, through 7IP, only gave up 1 ER. The problem still lies in the late setup men. The Bullpen gave up 6 ER in 2 innings. That's a problem and someone needs to bridge the gap to our stud closer Kerry Wood. As soon as that's ironed out, we'll be golden.

Go Tribe!

Chance of freezing rain/flurries tonight. Hang in their boys. This weekend, we're expecting highs near 80°F! What a weather pattern we have in NE Ohio!

That's an understatement! Pretty much everyone in the bullpen has been terrible this year. What in the world is going on? Even Wood got touched for a homer last night.

Did anyone see how few fans were at last nights game? Wow! It looked like old Municipal Stadium. Even with the Cavs playing and the weather cold and damp, I was surprised to see it so empty.

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)