AL CENTRAL

Then there is Justin Verlander!! Is there anyone except for maybe Halladay more dominant right now? Wow, last pitch of the game was 98 as he blew away thome and Fields to end the game.

Right now the Tigers rotation is pretty scary...after Verlander and Jackson, its really a crap shoot on 3-5. Bonderman going to the bullpen, its amazing that a staff a few years ago was considered so deep has had so many issues N. Robertson, Bonderman to name a few. Its too bad about Robertson struggling, for a while he was a solid pitcher.

I don't blame Bonderman either, having major surgery to clear a blood clot is more than normal circumstances.

Then there is Justin Verlander!! Is there anyone except for maybe Halladay more dominant right now? Wow, last pitch of the game was 98 as he blew away thome and Fields to end the game.

Looks like he has to finish what he starts if he wants to WIN one. :)

Incase you missed it, JV won the Player of the month award for last month.

What a difference a year makes for Verlander.

What happened to him last year?

He pitched well, but had NO support.

Look at the first few weeks of this year as well as the Spring , he couldn't pitch to win a game in ST to save his life, but he kept telling people to NOT worry.

If I recall correctly, they found that JV. was landing in a different spot on the mound last year, thus his arm angle was wrong to boot.

He pitched well, but had NO support.

Look at the first few weeks of this year as well as the Spring , he couldn't pitch to win a game in ST to save his life, but he kept telling people to NOT worry.

If I recall correctly, they found that JV. was landing in a different spot on the mound last year, thus his arm angle was wrong to boot.

It's always been apparent that Verlander has extraordinary talent, and it is really shining this season. Maybe some credit is due to the new pitching coach. Justin pitched well last year, but what he is doing now is unbelievable. Let's hope it continues.

It's always been apparent that Verlander has extraordinary talent, and it is really shining this season. Maybe some credit is due to the new pitching coach. Justin pitched well last year, but what he is doing now is unbelievable. Let's hope it continues.

I think the new pitching coach has a LOT to do with it, obviously the last one couldn't figure out what was wrong last year.

JV and Ed Jackson seem to have a good , "If you can do it, so can I" attitude going this year, it's very good for both of them to push one another. :)

And I ask again...WHAT IS WITH THEM DAMN BIRDS @ the Jake???? Ball in play hits a bird, distracts Crisp in the OF and DeRo scores the winning run! One for the books.

But seriously, there is a problem with gulls this year in a few parks like Cleveland and San Fran. They come in right at the 7th inning like clockwork and get progressively more aggressive thru the game.

And I ask again...WHAT IS WITH THEM DAMN BIRDS @ the Jake???? Ball in play hits a bird, distracts Crisp in the OF and DeRo scores the winning run! One for the books.

After the ball struck the bird, it should have been called a fowl ball! :eek:

Shades of the 2006 World Series watching how the Tiger's lost last night. Zumaya needs more fielding practice. How does a guy who can throw 100MPH missiles to home plate, blow a 10' underhand throw to first?

In my "Cheesy" announce voice, Porcello helps his own cause last night, with a couple of hits and some solid pitching for the win over pitsburgh, how intresting was that the Tigers were playing pitsburgh as well as the wings in the cup final. I wonder how many times that has happend in sports?

We won the wrong game.:(

I've got the answer to the tiger's hitting woes - just hand a bat to Porcello every game.
Hard to believe this kid was fanning high school kids just 2 years ago. An amazing talent.

But seriously, there is a problem with gulls this year in a few parks like Cleveland and San Fran. They come in right at the 7th inning like clockwork and get progressively more aggressive thru the game.

Word out of Jacob's Field is that from now on, they will let off some fireworks every half an inning to clear the birds from the field of play.

OK, who actually PLAYS sports?

Shaq once had a video game of his own- a fighting game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)