AL CENTRAL

Nice post Paul,
I don't have the TIME to do that type of post.
I agree with most of what you said anyways.

Granderson needs to hit for avg. not power, I like you would rather see him hit .300-.320 and hitting doubles and triples than try to hit HR's.
50 points higher is reasonable, he's at .255 and still made the All Star game.
It's amazing that he made it, but with Sizemore gone for a while, that may have played into it.
Palonco also should be about 50 points higher, he's at .265.

Porcello reminds me of Verlander at the same age. :)

I can't handle Rodney anymore, he's worse than T.J.'s
He's out there and looks like he doesn't care when he's out there.
It's amazing with his opportunity streak, but if he has 2 losses, how can the streak be intack ?
Maybe Lyon can take over, or bring Perry back up, he's had enough time to refine his issues.

Trade Ordonez ..... Ok, but you gotta get more than a bag of balls for him .... use him and Rodney and a few prospects to get Roy Halladay :D

Brandon Inge IS an ALL STAR :D:D:D:D should have been there with out the last player voting.

Cabrera should have made it as well, except they have about 4-5 top notch 1B's in the AL ...

You mentioned that Jackson was the steal of the year, and I agree, but I would but Laird a close second.

Jimbo

Three games with the Tribe. At the beginning of the season I circled these on my schedule. While they are still important, the Tribes poor first half has taken some of the luster off of this series. A sweep would be nice heading into the break.

Glad I turned the game off in around the 7th (was watching Eureka :))

I would have lost it had I watched Rodney LOAD the BASES AGAIN in the NINTH ....

Ya, he got out of it, but that won't happen forever.
2 WALKS in the NINTH inning CANNOT happen from your CLOSER.

I remember that in the beginning of the season when Leyland was asked about who his closer was, he said he didn't have one, but would start the season with Rodney in that spot , by default.

They STILL don't have a CLOSER.

Stop me if you've heard this before....

Cliff Lee pitches an excellent game, but get's no run support. This has happened in every stinking outing he pitches!

Oh, the fly ball to right field that wasn't caught by Ryan Garko which led to a 3 run 2nd didn't help either. The sad part was that without run support, most of us knew that single mistake essentially cost us a game.

BTW, who's the genius who decided to play Garko in the outfield anyways? Oh, right. Our faithful leader. :rant:

Stop me if you've heard this before....

Cliff Lee pitches an excellent game, but get's no run support. This has happened in every stinking outing he pitches!

Oh, the fly ball to right field that wasn't caught by Ryan Garko which led to a 3 run 2nd didn't help either. The sad part was that without run support, most of us knew that single mistake essentially cost us a game.

BTW, who's the genius who decided to play Garko in the outfield anyways? Oh, right. Our faithful leader.

the story of Edwins season as well...You guys should send Lee to Detroit so he can get some wins :)

Glad I turned the game off in around the 7th (was watching Eureka :))

I would have lost it had I watched Rodney LOAD the BASES AGAIN in the NINTH ....

Ya, he got out of it, but that won't happen forever.
2 WALKS in the NINTH inning CANNOT happen from your CLOSER.

I remember that in the beginning of the season when Leyland was asked about who his closer was, he said he didn't have one, but would start the season with Rodney in that spot , by default.

They STILL don't have a CLOSER.
I agree. Someone needs to tell Rodney he is the team Closer...not Loser!

Nice 10-1 win...I love 1st Place. :)

Yes it is,
Just wish they could get a bit more consistent offensively ...

Jimbo

Yeah, It doesn't suck, does it? Much better than last season's Uber-disappointment!

Congratulations to Brandon Inge for making the All Star game, and good luck in tonight's HR derby! I think the Tigers may finally end their crusade to replace him at third.

Yeah, It doesn't suck, does it? Much better than last season's Uber-disappointment!

Congratulations to Brandon Inge for making the All Star game, and good luck in tonight's HR derby! I think the Tigers may finally end their crusade to replace him at third.

Inge has no HR in the ASG derby, thats OK though, I'd rather he do that then mess up his swing for the rest of the year.

Brandon is NOT a HR power hitter in the first place, I really found it baffling that they included him.

Couldn't they find enough HR hitters ?

Inge needs to up his overall avg. by about 30-40 points.
Palonco and Granderson about 50 points in the second half.
Granderson also is NOT a HR hitter.

Inge has no HR in the ASG derby, thats OK though, I'd rather he do that then mess up his swing for the rest of the year.

Brandon is NOT a HR power hitter in the first place, I really found it baffling that they included him.

Agree! Surprisingly, he's had a few land into the 2nd or 3rd row but not exactly someone known to hitting 'em into the light towers. I miss the awesome show Josh Hamilton put on last year. What I wouldn't give to see Harmon Killebrew in his prime this evening.

That's a myth. It's just batting practice, with some showmanship. Doesn't matter anyhow, Inge became #17 on the list of the homer-less. I was surprised to see that Mike Piazza did it in consecutive years.

That's a myth. It's just batting practice, with some showmanship. Doesn't matter anyhow, Inge became #17 on the list of the homer-less. I was surprised to see that Mike Piazza did it in consecutive years.

Saw an article in the New's I think it was, that none of the Tigers invitee's for the HR contest have done very well with the exception to Cecil Fielder.

Jimbo

I dont know guys, yesterday kind of had a erie feeling to it with Zumaya. On the injured list. Hope its not the last we have seen of him with his past injuries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts