AMC9

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If anybody can confirm whether these work for you, I'd like to know because I prefer the HD over SD

If you're doing this in hopes of getting HD video, you're confused. Just because you have an HD receiver doesn't mean that you can turn a SD channel into HD.
If you're getting the AMC9 signals, it's probably giving you the best reception you're likely to get.
DVB-S2 isn't easy. You need perfect alignment, plus tyou're wasting your time if you don't have the DVB-S2 card.

Also, you might read :

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...eeds-finds-not-lyngsat-thelist-main-area.html

If you're doing this in hopes of getting HD video, you're confused. Just because you have an HD receiver doesn't mean that you can turn a SD channel into HD.
If you're getting the AMC9 signals, it's probably giving you the best reception you're likely to get.
DVB-S2 isn't easy. You need perfect alignment, plus tyou're wasting your time if you don't have the DVB-S2 card.

Also, you might read :

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...eeds-finds-not-lyngsat-thelist-main-area.html

I don't have HD.

Last edited:
Seems I have tried several times last night trying to even past 70S/0Q with no luck for AMC9. The stars were even out and wind calm. The next thing to do is check into a new Ku LNBF! That would be the least money at this time. What would be the best Ku LNBF anyone would suggest? I will get it on order as soon as everyone's ideas lean to the best! Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Guys for all the imput on trying diffrent Transponders.

So everyone knows what I am using, it's the same outfit as the free giveaway. ( Giveaway - Win a Brand New SG9120 Motor & WS9036 90cm Satellite Dish.

If you do this have your receiver set on 11735H4444 and then use the receiver step function East or West. If it doesn't give you a signal in five steps, go back to ten steps the other direction.

AMC9 Got It

I would like to thank everyone for helping me find and tune into RTN TV on AMC9 83w. It took evreyones imput to help me! I placed the right transponders into the box and took small TV outside to the dish. It only me few hours to locate the signal. It sure was hard to find. I have S95/Q40-45.

That is the best I could do. I was so happy! :) Thanks again for all the Satellite Guys on this form!

congrats!! Its always nice to hear a good story :)

45 quality sounds about right. Do you know what ther threshold is for the receiver? Each one is different. 45 on my Pansat is about right (30 is threshold)

congrats!! Its always nice to hear a good story :)

45 quality sounds about right. Do you know what ther threshold is for the receiver? Each one is different. 45 on my Pansat is about right (30 is threshold)

I am not sure what my threshold is. Don't laugh, all I know is meter goes from 0-99. Thanks!!!

OK....its probably either 40 or possibly 30..

reason I ask is not all meters are "true"...my Pansat meter is the truest of them all. 30 threshold 99 max
Coolsats are 63 threshold, 82 max...most are between 70-74

some meters are real bad and will read 98 for everything

I would like to thank everyone for helping me find and tune into RTN TV on AMC9 83w. It took evreyones imput to help me! I placed the right transponders into the box and took small TV outside to the dish. It only me few hours to locate the signal. It sure was hard to find. I have S95/Q40-45.

That is the best I could do. I was so happy! :) Thanks again for all the Satellite Guys on this form!

Just getting it in solidly with a 90cm is a good accomplishment. You should see how easy it comes in with a 1.2M . :)

thanks for the info

I'm getting it at 11736 4440H
Sometimes it is hard to pick them up, they may be weak right now as this last round of rainshowers passes over eastern Tenn.

Thanks for the info. I was about to ask the members what's up with RTV, but I'm glad I checked for other posted questions regarding RTV before asking about RTV myself. I had tried for several nights to watch RTV with both feeds non-existent while the other camera feeds were on and with a good picture. AMC9 was very active last night with coverage of the elections on the Eastern Coast. Five feeds were found with three of them from the same New Jersey election location.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts