Andrews 4,6m

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just an update on project. 8th segment can not be installed before dosh is lowered. IMG_20160802_210933 (Custom).jpg

Wow..First time I am seeing this Monster in Home.. Normally on satellite operations centers or cable companies
Congratulations for your dedication and your report:)

Reactions: cycu1996
It's so big the you through off the earth's rotation you slowed it down on the eastern side of the earth. Hate to see the neighbors saying anything, or that definitely make an HOA mad. Good job on that dish Rima it does look great cleaning it up making it work.

My signals in St. Louis, Missouri have been reduced. Local operators have blamed signal loss in this area on someone calling themselves Rima. I am insanely jealous of what you have acquired and so expertly assembled. I am not worthy. Keep up the excellent posts and photos.

I'm still amazed by the recovery of this dish from it's previous location. That was a tremendous feat itself. I wouldn't have been able to do that. The install looks amazing too though ;)

Last Friday I had "First Signal Day", as I attached LNB and had a LOCK. But I still have to finish tighten segments, there are more than 50 screws in hard-reachable places should be tighten. What I also discovered that without subreflector effects of side-lobes is huge.

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_082146 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_20160805_082146 (Custom).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20160805_092915 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_20160805_092915 (Custom).jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 259
That little Ku LNBF looks very small on that dish!
Without the sub-reflector, would the focal point be much farther away from the dish?

Without the sub-reflector, would the focal point be much farther away from the dish?
This is Gregorian type of dish, so it's focal point is located in front of the subreflector. Besides, I have measured diameter and depth of the dish, and those measurements are 4600mm and 800mm respectively. Therefore, antenna's focal point is approximately 1650mm from the middle of the dish.

This is Gregorian type of dish, so it's focal point is located in front of the sub reflector. Besides, I have measured diameter and depth of the dish, and those measurements are 4600mm and 800mm respectively. Therefore, antenna's focal point is approximately 1650mm from the middle of the dish.

Just wondering if the main reflector is a perfect parabola if it uses a sub-reflector. I suspect it is, and finding the primary focal point should work like any prime focus dish regarding calculations.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)