Andrews 4,6m

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It seems to me those actuators have some high power motors on them and consume as much energy as a major household appliance. What kind of cabling are you going to do with the foundation? Internal conduits or all outside?

I cut the hole in the metal plate. Will let plastic pipe ~75mm (red lines) go through concrete and enter inside pedestal mount. I do not care about electricity consumption.... as will turn antenna very very seldom, and also possible to turn it by wrench, I mean mechanically. IMG_20160607_150244 (Custom).jpg IMG_20160527_153618 (Custom).jpg

Very nice work! I'm liking how this project is turning out :) I would put some eye bolts in a couple of strategic locations to use for winching points and tie downs when working on the dish.

Reactions: phlatwound
If I need eye bolts I can add them later to existing platform. But, by now I do not see big need for winch, as I was removing this antenna from previous location without any winch, and I think I will be able to install it back same way.

I was told it is about 12000kg. If was mixing myself, I would be still mixing till 25th July :biggrin. Of course, truck came and filled it up. That is why I digged couple of holes in the ground 50cm wide and 125cm deep to use any possible left overs of concrete. Those 2 holes are also full with concrete now. Will use them for stand-alone antennas, of course. :angel2

Are you gonna paint the panels any special color?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)