Attention current NFL ST Subs! - Discounts.

Did you get a discount?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called on my very first try and this is my first season getting it and im barely a year into my contracto and got NFL St for free then got the to go for 25 dollars and a 5 dollar credit for 6 months. Nothing beats that. Anyone know when the app will work?
goes up around a week before the season starts iirc

This is my dilemma. My bill is up to $100/month before Sunday Ticket. This month it will be $192 with ticket + to go. I lose my AAA credit as well as a refer-a-friend even though they signed up in November of last year. I'm going to call tonight or tomorrow morning(which is better?) and try and get some kind of credit for that refer-a-friend and any other credits their willing to give me and then I want the cheapest ST imaginable. IMO I'm getting charged too much for my crappy H20s and HR22. I guess I'll threaten to go to Dish even though I really have no intention of doing so. I know Comcast will be more expensive so I probably can't even threaten with that lol

I called in, immediately was offered $20/mo and $5/mo off my bill. I was able to get that $5/mo up to free to go :)

goes up around a week before the season starts iirc

This is my dilemma. My bill is up to $100/month before Sunday Ticket. This month it will be $192 with ticket + to go. I lose my AAA credit as well as a refer-a-friend even though they signed up in November of last year. I'm going to call tonight or tomorrow morning(which is better?) and try and get some kind of credit for that refer-a-friend and any other credits their willing to give me and then I want the cheapest ST imaginable. IMO I'm getting charged too much for my crappy H20s and HR22. I guess I'll threaten to go to Dish even though I really have no intention of doing so. I know Comcast will be more expensive so I probably can't even threaten with that lol

I would just ask them, What can you do about my OLD HR20 and 22, they are old and slow and you heard the HR24's are better, see what they say !

I would just ask them, What can you do about my OLD HR20 and 22, they are old and slow and you heard the HR24's are better, see what they say !
is D* finally able to guarantee an HR24? I'd much rather do self install and not pay to have someone come out and plug something in. Don't really want to derail this thread, but I guess it is better to keep discounts in here.

Lkr said:
is D* finally able to guarantee an HR24? I'd much rather do self install and not pay to have someone come out and plug something in. Don't really want to derail this thread, but I guess it is better to keep discounts in here.

I don't know .... hadn't thought about tha, they may send the same models out .... good point.

The HR24 depend on what's available at the local istallers garage, but that wuld only be if they were sending someone out.

I guess going to a place like DishStore (Claude) or Solid Signal would be a place to start otherwise.
I've personally dealt with both of these and have had excellent experiences.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I called on my very first try and this is my first season getting it and im barely a year into my contracto and got NFL St for free then got the to go for 25 dollars and a 5 dollar credit for 6 months. Nothing beats that. Anyone know when the app will work?

i wanna talk to your cs

To Go app won't work until Sunday, Sept 11 when the first games are on the Ticket.

I called and spoke with the initial CSR, who offered me the Early Bird special of $324, or $53.99/mo. I declined. I called back and went straight to Retentions. Told them I rejoined D* in Jan (had NFL ST back in 2005/2006) because I wanted NFL ST, but didn't realize it had gone up so much since 2005, and that was the only reason I had D* so I needed to cancel. She was very nice, and reviewed my account, but also only could offer the $53.99/mo deal. No $20/mo discount. Maybe because I got some kind of monthly discount when I joined in January? She did give me a $50 credit on my account (I think to document that I called Retentions to try to get a NFL ST discount). Not sure if it's worth calling again.

I've called twice in about 2 weeks, and they still don't have any deal. This maybe because I signed up in January. I'm kicking myself now because if I would have waited then I'd get it for free. They did tell me that they are offering it for 53 or 55 dollars a month.

I just called today and my contract is up in November and they gave me $10 a month off NFL Sunday Ticket. I had changed my package a month ago to save money and retention actually told me to call back when the NFS ST showed up on my statement. So, now I'm paying $43.99 which still sucks because new customers are getting if for FREE.

I called and spoke with the initial CSR, who offered me the Early Bird special of $324, or $53.99/mo. I declined. I called back and went straight to Retentions. Told them I rejoined D* in Jan (had NFL ST back in 2005/2006) because I wanted NFL ST, but didn't realize it had gone up so much since 2005, and that was the only reason I had D* so I needed to cancel. She was very nice, and reviewed my account, but also only could offer the $53.99/mo deal. No $20/mo discount. Maybe because I got some kind of monthly discount when I joined in January? She did give me a $50 credit on my account (I think to document that I called Retentions to try to get a NFL ST discount). Not sure if it's worth calling again.
if your account has only been active and you weren't already autorenewed, I don't think you can do much. you could keep trying though, but you already have a lot of credits on your account for the new customer promos

I ended up getting the Sunday ticket for $83.99 total with all the discounts applied. Free ToGo app as well. Been with Directv for 13 years.

I ended up getting the Sunday ticket for $83.99 total with all the discounts applied. Free ToGo app as well. Been with Directv for 13 years.

awesome. While I hate having to call in, they always come thru for me. Everytime I need help or extension they accomadate it.

Ive gotten 2 yrs in a row with Discounts on the ticker, with To Go free.

I have also gotten 2 FREE HD DVRS, as anniverary gifts. And free installation.

But I would pay full price, but it is nice to get it with discounts.

Big Ups DirecTV, You do Rock.

Best deal on sunday ticket. I called and got sunday ticket for 33.95 for 6 payments then after that 6 months i got a 20 a month credit for the next 12 months. I asked for the area for existing customers and negotiated that deal. I was on hold going back and forth but thats thes deal i have seen.

I'm curious if this will work. The Mover's connection is running the same deal. I've "moved" so I'm curious if I am willing to "move' back for a few days, could I go through mover's connection to get the deal? We are thinking of adding an HD-DVR and going with the whole house DVR service so there would actually be work for the installer to do. We're a year out of contract as well so D* would also be benefiting somewhat.

I received ST free last year. I called and was told if I renewed, I would pay full price. I declined the renewal, however, I was offered a $10 discount on Showtime for three months. I declined that offer as well.

so before I saw this I asked for a discount on anything I subscribe to. I got $5 off of starz for 6 months, and $10 off the sports pack for 6 months. you guys think I should call back and ask for a discount on Specifically Sunday Ticket? or could I be risking my credits?

Ditto and I even pulled out the "I am a new customer with less than 6 months of service" sympathy card :-(

I got the same bovine excrement and I have only been a customer since the end of April.

I called last night and again this morning. I don't want to watch the San Diego Chargers anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.