Attention current NFL ST Subs! - Discounts.

Did you get a discount?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got the same bovine excrement and I have only been a customer since the end of April.

I called last night and again this morning. I don't want to watch the San Diego Chargers anyway.

If you've only been a customer since the end of April, aren't you still on your new customer promos that you received when you signed up? You got a new customer promo for signing up, correct?

Just got $20 off NFL ST for 6 months and $20 off my package for 6 months also...very happy.

First post here :) I signed up with DirecTV and got the ST last year for free. So I just got off the phone with DirecTV and here's what happened:

First lady I spoke with told me she had no ST promos for me but she could offer me $5/mon off my base package for 6 mons. I said I was more interested in getting ST discounted and would like to cancel. She transfered me to someone else. The guy offered me $10/mon off ST. I said that was too expensive. He came back with $20/mon off and free ST to GO. I was kind of hesitating and he said he can also give me $10 credit on my next bill for talking with him. I then said the original rep offered me the $5/mon for 6 mon as well. He said he couldn't give that to me but he could transfer me to someone else who could. So I transfered again. I told them the story above but just said I was originally offered $5/mon off my base package. The lady then said that she could give me $5/mon off for 24 mon!

So in the end I got $10 credit on my next bill, ST for $20/mon off, and $5/mon off base package for 24 mon. I took it. Again, other people have posted better deals but since I'm a newer customer, it didn't sound like the guy was going to give me any more off the ST. Until next year.. lol

I am a new customer (9 months) and called a few times to get a discount on the Sunday Ticket. Two weeks ago I called and was told there were no discounts. Read the forum and got to retentions last week. The best they could offer me was $120 without the To Go. Called back a few days later and they offered the same deal. I took it but plan on calling back to get the To Go for free. They said the deals they offer customers depends on if your account is in good standing and the longevity of your service with them.

Customer since 2000, NFLST auto renew customer, auto pay my bill each month. Last night got off the phone with no offers available for ST. She tried offering me deals on MAX and SHO, but not interested, already sub to HBO. Had never had to go to the extent of talking to retention before, but may have to see what happens on the next call. Would like to be included in the top line of the survey :)

Customer since 2000, NFLST auto renew customer, auto pay my bill each month. Last night got off the phone with no offers available for ST. She tried offering me deals on MAX and SHO, but not interested, already sub to HBO. Had never had to go to the extent of talking to retention before, but may have to see what happens on the next call. Would like to be included in the top line of the survey :)

Retention is where the deals are........

Try this if you can. I don't know what package you have but ask them about lowering your service the the cheapest basic package for about 6 months. I did that once and they gave me a discount. I didn't lower my package but they thought that I might. The family channels package is what I'm talking about. And wait about a week before you try . Don't call now.

Last edited:
Anybody calling that are on Auto Renew ?
Such as they know your already getting it, and get any discounts ?

You'll know because channel 116 will tell you if your already authorized.

Thats much different than calling in to sign up for D* and getting it.

Auto renew here Jimbo, and just made 1st payment. Been about 1 week since I called with no discounts (except for earlybird). Will try again tomorrow once I get home from work.

Auto renew here Jimbo, and just made 1st payment. Been about 1 week since I called with no discounts (except for earlybird). Will try again tomorrow once I get home from work.

When you call, ask for Retention.

Last year I did get a discount, the best one came from Retention, the gal I talked with was very good and knew what was going on .... She told me to be sure and call them again this year and they would help.
Till then, I had always tried to avoid Retention, as I really have no intention of leaving or dropping ST.
Btw, the Auto Renew includes the To Go as well ....
Fwiw, for me, the To Go for the computer worked well, but the Mobile version I could never get to run any live video.
Hopefully this year will be better.

When you call, ask for Retention.

Last year I did get a discount, the best one came from Retention, the gal I talked with was very good and knew what was going on .... She told me to be sure and call them again this year and they would help.
Till then, I had always tried to avoid Retention, as I really have no intention of leaving or dropping ST.
Btw, the Auto Renew includes the To Go as well ....
Fwiw, for me, the To Go for the computer worked well, but the Mobile version I could never get to run any live video.
Hopefully this year will be better.

I was wondering if I would be able to try about next year after receiving a discount this year.

Hi Jimbo,

I'm on auto renew and auto pay. Called last week and was offered the $20 off for 6 months. Not interested in the to-go. Had a VERY pleasant conversation with retention rep.

Not sure yet if I'm going to keep it this year though - still sticks in my craw that new & short-term subscribers are getting much better deals this year. Have been with DTV for 11 years and never call for discounts - except for ST.

Good luck.

I was on auto renew. I also went through retention. I told them I wanted to cancel because I didn't want to pay that much this year

I used the trick someone else wrote in one of the threads here, say "cancel" twice. I believe it got me right to retentions.

I spoke with a really nice woman and asked her if they had any deals right now on NFL ST. I also let her know I really didn't need NFL ST right now, since my team is my local team. She offered me $160 off! I was very happy with this. But I realized I really do have a need for NFL To Go this year (I'll be out of state a couple of Sunday's this season). I asked her if they could throw that in too, she said "let me check" and then threw that in for me too.

I'm very happy with this year's negotiating with DirecTV.

I had NFL ST free (included) my first season with the new customer deal. Last year I negotiated $120 off. This will be year 3. My deal is not as good as free, but I'll gladly take $160 off, also thanks for the free NFL To Go for 2011. :D

Called a little while ago (talked to Retentions) and got ST for $144.00 this year. The 1st offer was the $10x6 mo deal. I declined and she paused for a minute and came back with the 2nd offer. I thought about holding out for a lower offer but decided, this year, that this offer was good enough for me with >50% off the list price. She said that the $144 deal was the best offer that she could make after checking my acct. I had doubts about that statement but who knows with CSR roulette.

My acct status prior to calling for ST discount:

Cust since '99 w/Premier
Autopay since ~2003-4
1 credit on acct: free HD
Out of contract since Sept '10

The CR did say something that I thought was funny. When I mentioned that I'd seen existing customers getting free ST deals, she said "Don't believe everything you read on the 'net." I took that one with a grain of salt though :) as I've been reading about the ST deals here the past couple of years.

I "moved" and now am "moving" back to my home via Mover's Connection. Got HBO/Cine/Show/Starz free for 3 months along with T and STTG. Trying to get them to drop the cost of an extra HD-DVR and Whole Home install down to $50.

I have been a ST subscriber since 2002, but when I asked for a discount a couple of months ago I was told that none was available. I cancelled my auto-renewal at that time. After reading through this thread I decided to call and try again. I was immediately offered the $10 x 12 months and $5 x 6 months discounts for a total discount of $150. Not bad!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)