Please reply by conversation.

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
IMG_0124.JPG
looks like directv's agreement with Belo are about to expire

kgw Portland OR kgw.com | Portland News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | A Message from our President and General Manager DJ Wilson
king Seattle WA KING 5 TV | Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | A Message from our President and General Manager Ray Heacox

www.directv.com/alerts

Last edited:
Hey what receiver do u have I like the guide mine sucks I just changed over to direct an little over a month ago

Thats the New Beta HD GUI ....

That will be out Nation wide soon, once D* has it to a point where they think it's stable enough for everyone.

yeah the contract is for all the stations regardless of market...it goes by owner

So your saying that all the markets in the link I posted will be affected ?

I found it interesting that they own a bunch of different networks, not just a ABC or FOX, but a few of all of them I think.

So your saying that all the markets in the link I posted will be affected ?
yep. The agreement is for all Belo channels

I found it interesting that they own a bunch of different networks, not just a ABC or FOX, but a few of all of them I think.
Thats normal. In most cases owners have a variety of networks in their ownership basket.

my area is affected guess the want more money to line thier pocket and cause D* to raise prices to carry them Phoenix News | Arizona News | azfamily.com | A Message from our President and General Manager Nick Nicholson

how much do the am21 that dtv sells????

AM21's are $50-60 depending on where you get them.

I was told by D* that they will not sell you one IF they carry your locals on the Sat.
Story may vary ...

I got mine at Solid Signal, Claude at Dish Store may have them as well.

I was told by D* that they will not sell you one IF they carry your locals on the Sat.
Story may vary ...

which makes no sense as I purchased mine from D* directly with no issues. They even shipped it to the billing address :)

no jImbo I just went on my account and ordered one. Never spoke to anyone

under "My Account" then "Equipment" then "accessories" it shows there (I think thats the path...its been a while)

no jImbo I just went on my account and ordered one. Never spoke to anyone

under "My Account" then "Equipment" then "accessories" it shows there (I think thats the path...its been a while)
It wasn't available to me that way at the time, I'll have to look and see if it's available now or not.

Wow, I just looked and YES, it's available NOW, but wasn't when I needed it.

They are offering me a HD DVR and the AM21 for $ 199 ....

IF, I knew for sure it was a HR24 they would send out, I'd probably go for it.

If D* does pull a station over a dispute what happens with the OTA guide data?

I know on E* you just get "important information" or whatever they put in the guide.

If D* does pull a station over a dispute what happens with the OTA guide data?

I know on E* you just get "important information" or whatever they put in the guide.

What happens with the OTA data, nothing changes, you'll still get the guide info on the OTA channel.
The Sat delivered channel will have a message stating that they are working on an agreement.

Like mentioned previously, USUALLY, these get resolved before they go dark.

they have it for 50 but they will ONLY sell me the 1 for my hr24 they will not sell me one for the H25 unfortunately

I remember when DirecTV first launched locals in Seattle 10 years ago, it took around 6 months to get KING (NBC) added because of this exact same reason... damn Belo.

That said, E* had Seattle locals a few months before D* did, never had the Belo problems, and just a few months ago (actually right about 10 years to when they first got Seattle locals now that I think about it) added Northwest Cable News Network, which is owned by Belo, to all the pac. NW local channel markets (except Portland for some reason) that carry it.

I'm wondering if NWCN is the sticking point (at least up here--don't know if they own a regional news network in Dallas)? Now that E* has it, D* is pretty much the only TV option that doesn't get you NWCN with your local channels. I actually wouldn't mind having it...

--Nat

I was thinking that as well. Seems they'd want to get NWCN (and Texas Cable News) on both satcasters if they can.

Exactly one year ago we on dish went through this, and things were worked out as the last trick or treaters hit the door. Let's see where this one heads...

Status
Please reply by conversation.