BREAKING: LEBRON chooses Miami

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking News: Memo to Lebron from true NBA fans....WE DONT WANT TO SEE YOU WIN A RING....the most arrogant NBA player is called King???? last time I checked all he has done is choke in the playoffs and complain...congrats Miami you just signed a 6 year contract that will give problems....Dwayne Wade and Lebron James in the same team for 82 games hmmm I wonder who the go to guy will be...GOOD LUCK

Breaking News: Memo to Lebron from true NBA fans....WE DONT WANT TO SEE YOU WIN A RING...
Yes we all know you Cleveland fans are bitter. Instead of crying why not build a team that can win a ring. Or is it more fun to cry? :rolleyes:

I wonder if Dwayne Wade will take a picture of Ego James when he is posing in the middle of the game...oh wait he brought Ilgausgus with him nevermind now I know why "Big Z" tagged along someone has to take pictures of this debacle

let the HATRED flloooooooowwwwwwww...................:devil::devil:

Let-The-Hate-Flow-Through.gif

Someone go back and find all the "I love lebron" "Best player ever" "Next Jordan" "Will lead cavs to X championship" etc posts from all the cleveland fans on this site then compare them to there posts the last few days. That would be fun. I just dont have the time.

Someone go back and find all the "I love lebron" "Best player ever" "Next Jordan" "Will lead cavs to X championship" etc posts from all the cleveland fans on this site then compare them to there posts the last few days. That would be fun. I just dont have the time.

LMAO, YUP and they know who THEY are too.. HAHAHA

Breaking News: Memo to Lebron from true NBA fans....WE DONT WANT TO SEE YOU WIN A RING....the most arrogant NBA player is called King???? last time I checked all he has done is choke in the playoffs and complain...congrats Miami you just signed a 6 year contract that will give problems....Dwayne Wade and Lebron James in the same team for 82 games hmmm I wonder who the go to guy will be...GOOD LUCK

I am gonna use the same argument the Yankees fans make. You are pissed that Miami did it under the rules of the NBA, and someone ELSE did it 1st and it was NOT your team.:rolleyes:

Next.....

Hmmmm....interesting...

But more importantly, how do we know James' end goal is to be the man?

It's a team game. Jordan and Bryant are self-reliant types who didn't come naturally to the idea that crunch time ought to be played as a team. Both have had to be coached into passing with the game on the line.

But that they think like that doesn't mean we all have to go along. In your personal life, do you find it true that real men don't pass the ball, or share, or have friends, or smile or all that? The Jordan/Bryant way was one way to do it, but it's hardly the only way to get the job done.

When Jordan started passing -- to open teammates like Steve Kerr and John Paxson -- the Bulls started winning titles. Bill Russell owned basketball to the tune of 11 titles and he never thought it was his job to take the last shot. He was a different kind of "man," and won plenty.

Men who pull over and ask for directions may lose hombre points, but we all agree they waste less time driving around, right?

Think about Kevin Garnett. There are several different really smart analyses to show that when he was in Minnesota losing all those games he was literally the best player in the NBA (the same analysis, over the last two years, would say James is that player now). If you use some kind of smart objective metrics, Garnett's is the name that comes up most from those years. But Garnett had no help! After he grew distraught with the team's endless rebuilding, the Timberwolves found him a home in Boston with some serious help in the form of Ray Allen and Paul Pierce. Even though Garnett did not play his best basketball in Boston, he did his best winning there, and the result has been a profound transformation of both how the world sees Garnett and how the city of Boston feels about basketball in the 2000s. It's a model anyone would want to copy -- a new home with talented teammates became a story of pure, unrestrained basketball joy for all involved who aren't Timberwolves fans.

The Michael Jordan view of LeBron James - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

EXCELLENT quotes from a decent article....I am actually impressed lately with some decent reporting by ESPN. I may need to remove my signature.....MAYBE...;)

wow, these bozoz belong with each other. so d wade tells people if the heat lose 2 games in a row, the media will compare it to the world trade center coming down.

wow, these bozoz belong with each other. so d wade tells people if the heat lose 2 games in a row, the media will compare it to the world trade center coming down.

Nice try. There isn't a single athlete that has not said something stupid at one point or another in their career. Michael Jordan once said the he didn't feel like endorsing black candidates for politics because "republicans buy sneakers too". He ALSO once said it was not his job to 'monitor Nike' when they were running sweat shops in China.:rolleyes:

He apologized the next day for the bad analogy.

So.....nothing to see, let's move along....;)

Nice try. There isn't a single athlete that has not said something stupid at one point or another in their career. Michael Jordan once said the he didn't feel like endorsing black candidates for politics because "republicans buy sneakers too". He ALSO once said it was not his job to 'monitor Nike' when they were running sweat shops in China.:rolleyes:

Woah. He's not off the hook that easy. I haven't forgiven him yet. :)

State taxes chick....state taxes! AND that same house came out cheaper....than is NYC or the west coast.;)

I'm not a big believer in the state taxes argument for the pure fact it only matters for 41 games. The rest of the time, you pay the taxes of the state where you played your game. So besides Orlando games and home games, both in FL, the rest of the time you are paying out of state sales tax on your income earned in those states. Maybe it matters, but these guys make so much money I can't see it really making or breaking one's decision on a simple tax argument. As for the real estate argument, NYC is expensive but at the same time, prices haven't tumbled as much as they have in Miami, etc. If all these guys were smart they'd invest in real estate instead of depreciating assets, cars, bikes, etc. All depends on who influences them and helps them in their decisions. Maverick Carter to me is moron, but that is my own opinion of the guy.

I'm not ready to condemn Wade for what he said, but bringing up stupid things other athletes have said is not a valid defense of Wade. You are responsible for what you say, regardless of anything Michael Jordan (or anyone else) said previously.

Sandra

Bryant Gumble on "what's his name"

Finally tonight, a few words about championship rings. Just when did they become the all-important barometer of who does or doesn’t count in sports? When did they supersede personal excellence or exemplary character as a standard of greatness?

I got to thinking about that the other night after the self-anointed chosen one, LeBron James, embarrassed himself as he tried to make his decision to seek rings in Miami sound like a search for the Holy Grail. It’s when he essentially admitted to placing a higher priority on winning than anything else.

LeBron’s decision is typical of our immediate gratification era, but it flies in the face of history. Even though he never won a title, Dan Marino is still the biggest hero in Florida. And in Boston, all those Celtics championships are dimmed by the unforgettable brilliance of Ted Williams, who never won anything. In Chicago, Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus have legendary status despite playing on losing teams. And even in the NBA, where guys seem obsessed with being viewed as ‘the man’, real men like Barkley, Ewing and Baylor are ringless, but revered.

Despite such evidence to the contrary, LeBron James seems to think he needs a ring to change his life and secure his legacy. Maybe he’ll get one, maybe he won’t, but it’s probable that no amount of rings will ever remove the stench he wallowed in last week. LeBron may yet find that in the court of public opinion, just as putting on a tux can’t make a guy a gentleman, winning a ring can’t make one truly a champion.

Bravo, Mr. Gumble, bravo!

I'm not ready to condemn Wade for what he said, but bringing up stupid things other athletes have said is not a valid defense of Wade. You are responsible for what you say, regardless of anything Michael Jordan (or anyone else) said previously.

Sandra
I agree, but while most athletes are well-spoken we sometimes forget they're all not Rhodes scholars. Everyone at some point in their life will say something stupid or offensive. (hell, just spend a little while here in the Sports forum for confirmation of that ;))

Most will apologize and all will be forgotten. It's the ones that don't apologize and stand by their remarks that are the ones we should be concerned about...

I agree, but while most athletes are well-spoken we sometimes forget they're all not Rhodes scholars. Everyone at some point in their life will say something stupid or offensive. (hell, just spend a little while here in the Sports forum for confirmation of that ;))

Most will apologize and all will be forgotten. It's the ones that don't apologize and stand by their remarks that are the ones we should be concerned about...

Totally agree. Wade probably already apologized, and it will be forgotten. Doesn't change the fact that people should not be bringing up previous stupid statements in defense of someone who made a stupid statement. ;)

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)