BREAKING: LEBRON chooses Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron needs to leave Cleveland if he wants to win. They can not bring in the talent to satisfy his needs. He has two choices stay in Cleveland with not enough support cast and win 55-60 games only to fall in the Conference Finals or NBA Finals.

Choice two move to Chicago and play with Derek Rose and others. He has a much higher chance of winner there versus Cleveland.

Lastly please quit comparing him to Michael Jordan. He is no Michael Jordan nor has he won what Michael Jordan won nor will he ever. Jordan won his first title in 1991 which it was in year 7 of his Career. So Lebron will be entering year 7 of his. People need to stop the comparison. Jordan proved he could carry a team. Lebron has proven he can not. He has proven he can take the pressure. Look at the Playoffs this year.

In the end I think he is best to leave Cleveland for Chicago.

Lebron needs to leave Cleveland if he wants to win. They can not bring in the talent to satisfy his needs. He has two choices stay in Cleveland with not enough support cast and win 55-60 games only to fall in the Conference Finals or NBA Finals.

Choice two move to Chicago and play with Derek Rose and others. He has a much higher chance of winner there versus Cleveland.

Lastly please quit comparing him to Michael Jordan. He is no Michael Jordan nor has he won what Michael Jordan won nor will he ever. Jordan won his first title in 1991 which it was in year 7 of his Career. So Lebron will be entering year 7 of his. People need to stop the comparison. Jordan proved he could carry a team. Lebron has proven he can not. He has proven he can take the pressure. Look at the Playoffs this year.

In the end I think he is best to leave Cleveland for Chicago.

Am I the only one that struggles to see how Chicago is a better team than the Cavs (sans LeBron)?!

I mean, really. The Bulls barely got into the playoffs this year. Sure they have Derek Rose. I guess Noah is decent too. But who else? They gave away their next best player in Kirk Heinrich! How is this Bulls team better/deeper than the current Cavs team that had the best record for the previous two seasons?!

Well, I am a bit torn by this decision. A few thoughts...

1. Us Clevelanders have known for quite a while that LeBron has quite the flare for the dramatic. He absolutely loves attention. This is no surprise. It started in high school when his games were covered on ESPN, he was also on the cover of SI as a Junior (in HS) and he's loved the limelight ever since. LeBron is more than just an athlete, he's an entertainer. Everything he does, he puts a dramatic spin on it. (Have you ever seen him go down with an injury, acting like what he just suffered was career ending, only to pop back up and play like nothing was ever wrong? He does this every night). This whole free agency circus and the drama surrounding it is another example of the drama and attention seeker LeBron is.
Spot on analysis. I'm waiting for him to announce his retirement to pursue an acting career in Hollywood. :D

2. All I have to say is that to me, LeBron has only one option with his decision he's to announce. If it's anything but him announcing he's staying in Cleveland, then there might be a riot in NE Ohio. I'm not sure the fans here will take too kindly to a 1 hour long special & slap in the face to the city. It would be a tremendous embarrassment. The national media and sports fans everywhere have had plenty of fun at the expense of Cleveland in the past. This would be yet another insult. Be very careful LeBron. You're bordering on Art Model, Satin and Hitler territory for people we despise the most....
I agree 100%. He's not going to do a 1 hour TV special to slap Cleveland in the face.

Where was Cleveland Basketball before LeBron came into the league ?

Competing for Championships in the late 70's, then again in the mid-80's thru early 90's. Another #23 stood in our way of winning the big one though.

I know you're pretty removed from Cleveland, but don't these names ring a bell?

From the Miracle in Richfield era: Austin Carr, Bingo Smith, Jim Chones, Jim Cleamons and Dick Snyder?

From the Burnt Orange & Navy Blue era: Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper, Larry Nance, Hot Rod Williams, Craig Ehlo?

We were certainly relevant before LeBron and we will "survive" if he leaves. This city and team's hopes certainly don't rest on ONE individual!

Competing for Championships in the late 70's, then again in the mid-80's thru early 90's. Another #23 stood in our way of winning the big one though.

I know you're pretty removed from Cleveland, but don't these names ring a bell?

From the Miracle in Richfield era: Austin Carr, Bingo Smith, Jim Chones, Jim Cleamons and Dick Snyder?

From the Burnt Orange & Navy Blue era: Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Ron Harper, Larry Nance, Hot Rod Williams, Craig Ehlo?

We were certainly relevant before LeBron and we will "survive" if he leaves. This city and team's hopes certainly don't rest on ONE individual!

Wern't the Pistons and Bulls the top teams in the EAST the years you mentioned ?
Cleveland could not get past the Pistons or the Bulls.

Yes the names you mentioned were very good, but not better than Jordan/Pippen ---- Thomas / Dumars/ Lambier ect.

Last edited:
Wern't the Pistons and Bulls the top teams in the EAST i the years you mentioned ?
Cleveland could not get past the Pistons or the Bulls.

Yes the names you mentioned were very good, but not better than Jordan/Pippen ---- Thomas / Dumars/ Lambier ect.

Like I said, we didn't win a Championship, but we were certainly relevant, contrary to you thinking the Cavs will cease to "exist" without LeBoob.

We've survived before him and we'll survive after him. 1 person doesn't make this city or team.

webster can help ;):eek::D
Nope, I just asked him and he has no clue either....

emanuel%20lewis.jpg

Like I said, we didn't win a Championship, but we were certainly relevant, contrary to you thinking the Cavs will cease to "exist" without LeBoob.

We've survived before him and we'll survive after him. 1 person doesn't make this city or team.

What was the avg. attendance this year ?

What do you think it will be next year if he leaves ?

IF you had more supporting players, he wouldn't be thinking about leaving.

You had Bosh all wrapped up till Bosh decided he didn't want to play in Cleveland.
Had Bosh came to Cleveland, you know LeBron was staying for sure.

Maybe they can get another star there today and save the city from losing thier largest Star.

I wonder what the format of this extravaganza will be. Will a representative of each of the interested parties be present, like the NBA draft lottery?? Will it be like a collegiate signing presser where the player has the hats of the possible teams in front of him and places the team of choice on his head??

Oh, it's going to be so exciting!! :D

I wonder if any of the local Cleveland bars will be holding a "watch party"?

Can you imagine? There are exactly two outcomes following his announcement: Pure jubilation or anger, hostility and rage.

I might have to go out for this one just to get the public's vibe on the unveiling of the news... :)

According to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, it's down to Cleveland and Miami....

Twitter / Adrian Wojnarowski: Official with team that ma ...

Salsa, so help me God, if LeBron does choose Miami, you BETTER NOT rub it in my face!

Not that kinda of person. I would never want it rub in my face the of folks have rubbed my Raiders misfortunes in mine. IF he comes to Miami, I will be excited and weary because ALOT will be expected of the HEAT. ANYTHING short of a Championship will be a failure.

If it's not Cleveland he is an idiot for this dog and pony show announcement. If it's anyone else low key is the way to go so as not to appear to be giving Cleveland the finger!

If it is NY the Knick fans will go nuts. Of course if is is not they may go nuts ina different way. Most Knick fans have been saying fora year or more that it isa done deal.

its official, espeon has their noses so far up lbj's backside, it really isn't funny. hard for me to believe they have stooped to this all time low.

but as someone posted at espn.com, next thing ya know they will have cameras outside lbj's bathrooom to see what the size of his crap is. someone at the mother ship must have a huge gay crush on this tool!
Don't hate the network on this one. Looks like LBJ's posse initiated it...

ESPN's Chris Broussard said James' "representatives" contacted the network and asked for the unusual arrangement.

Report: James to make decision in TV special - NBA - SI.com

ESPN has covered this ad nauseum for weeks now, they might as well cover the coronation too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)