Breaking News: Flash From Voom Website: VOOM ceasing Operation by end of March

vurbano said:
Its different because it will create an exodus of subs. SUbsciber numbers will go down from today and not stop decreasing until they are all gone unless chuck buys Voom somehow.

I would say allot of us are now on the hook for a six month contract after re upping for the lower mirroring fees and such. Not going anywhere until Voom cuts us loose.

vurbano said:
Its different because it will create an exodus of subs. SUbsciber numbers will go down from today and not stop decreasing until they are all gone unless chuck buys Voom somehow.
You are EXACTLY right vurbano. I have already called TWC, scheduled installation for next week including HDDVR. I am tired of the drama. If I am disappointed in TWC, there is no contract and a 30-day money back guarantee. I'll go with another bird or back to VOOM if it has risen from the ashes. I am just sick of the minute to minute crap. Watching TV should be a pleasure, not a job.

Ok, just for discussion, let's assume its real, and VOOM is dead. What are you guys looking at as an alternative? Who has the best HD lineup, features, service, sports, movies, etc? It looks like I'm going to need to start thinking of going to "plan B".

VOOM is my first SAT provider, I didn't see a need for it until I purchased a HDTV and wanted to take advantage of it. Unfortunately, like most others, I've gotten hooked on the picture quality, and have found myself watching HD exclusively.

So what's the general opinion of the competitors?

I think this is the line in the sand. James is stating that he doesn't think Charles' offer is good enough, apparently it left too many obligations with CVC. (Maybe because Charles didn't have good enough financing in place.)

The deadline passed, and so now he's taking steps to shut down Voom just as they stated a month ago. James is doing his job and representing the interests of the shareholders and the will of the board. Is there more to it than that, probably, but this is the job he is supposed to be doing, like it or not.

Charles could still change his offer or negotiate some trade offs. I kind of got the impression that some board members were still interested in selling. This week will be crucial because if there isn't a positive announcement within a couple days then it will probably be too late to salvage.

I'm hoping for a Hail Mary pass right about now...

D* small offering, HD PQ sucks
E* no plans, small offering SD PQ sucks
cable - no local HD

They all blow

jame_g said:
I think this is the line in the sand. James is stating that he doesn't think Charles' offer is good enough, apparently it left too many obligations with CVC. (Maybe because Charles didn't have good enough financing in place.)

The deadline passed, and so now he's taking steps to shut down Voom just as they stated a month ago. James is doing his job and representing the interests of the shareholders and the will of the board. Is there more to it than that, probably, but this is the job he is supposed to be doing, like it or not.

Charles could still change his offer or negotiate some trade offs. I kind of got the impression that some board members were still interested in selling. This week will be crucial because if there isn't a positive announcement within a couple days then it will probably be too late to salvage.

I'm hoping for a Hail Mary pass right about now...

Im hoping for a stock sale. If we hear of that, its on baby.

So... anyone got Chuck's email address?
It would be great for him to hear from us "SUBS" and how we would like to continue paying for quality channels.
I remember sending Mark Cuban (HDNet) an email regarding some of the content on his station. He was in Sacramento playing the KINGS that night, but he replied to me directly after the game. It must have been from his hotel. It was awesome. Perhaps he is the exception, but I would hope that if flooded with enough positive feedback from paying customers, it might give him the courage to sell the stock and pump the money into VOOM...
...well...maybe.

Andrew

Andrew B said:
So... anyone got Chuck's email address?
It would be great for him to hear from us "SUBS" and how we would like to continue paying for quality channels.
I remember sending Mark Cuban (HDNet) an email regarding some of the content on his station. He was in Sacramento playing the KINGS that night, but he replied to me directly after the game. It must have been from his hotel. It was awesome. Perhaps he is the exception, but I would hope that if flooded with enough positive feedback from paying customers, it might give him the courage to sell the stock and pump the money into VOOM...
...well...maybe.

Andrew
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=44089

vurbano said:
D* small offering, HD PQ sucks
E* no plans, small offering SD PQ sucks
cable - no local HD

They all blow

Cable might "blow" for you, but it is different everywhere.

Metro Detroit/Comcast gets ESPN, Discovery, InHD 1 and 2, HBO, Showtime, Starz, Max, NBC, ABC, CBS, Fox, PBS and of course, the mighty HD-DVR.

Everyone should check out their local cable company ( no contracts), at least until D* and E* gets some sense into them, and tell them your leaving a DBS company, Comcast gives you $25.00 off a month, maybe other companies will do the same.

vurbano said:
too funny. Now you say that AFTER SEAN confirms its real. LMFAO
I started typing it before Sean's reply came on....Im a little slow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)