CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
As earlier reported by Sean, the new version is being released this week. I've just received a confirmation on this. The first (randomly selected) 25% of VOOM customers are being targeted tonight. Others are expected to be included tomorrow (if everything goes ok). The first download is supposed to occur around 2 am (Pacific)

Based on previous downloads, here is what you can do in anticipation of the new version:

1. Check if you are being targeted: Press HELP, then INFO, then OK. Wait a couple of seconds and then press Down. Check the TargetSoftware Version line.

2. Leave the STB in standby mode overnight: Just press the SAT button on the remote to turn the STB off. Do not unplug the STB.

3. The download will not occur until VOOM engineers actually initiate it (expected around 2 am).

4. During the download the STB will be blinking. The download may take 20-40 minutes, or sometimes longer.

5. If you are awake when the download occurs, feel free to turn on the TV set and watch the download screen ;)
But it is better not to touch the VOOM remote or any buttons on the STB itself.

6. The download should complete without your intervention, but if it is taking more than an hour, it's probably a good idea to reboot.

7. When the download completes, the STB may stay off. In such case turn it on as usual.

8. IMPORTANT: If you get a steady black screen, white screen or "snow" screen after the download, you will need to reboot the STB. In certain cases you may have to do this more than once. To reboot, press and hold the power button on the STB itself for 6-7 seconds. Or do the "hard" reboot by unplugging the STB for 10 seconds or so. Give it 5-10 minutes after the reboot to download the program guide.​

Figures...it just figures

New Software tonight, eh? Well I just got home and my VOOM STB is dead. No lights...dead. Soft reset, Hard Reset....NADA. Different AC outlet....Nada.
Called VOOM CSR, new box coming, through installer of course, scheduled for 8/5/04 service call. Figures...it just figures. :mad:

Same here, got excited went to check all 3 STB's and 1 out of 3 was dead, however with a Soft Reboot it came back up...whewww that was close!

aubbie said:
My target says n/a what does that mean?
It means you are not targeted yet... ;)

This seems to be an updated V.6.0 then? Cause from the other thread posts of new boxes on installs, they say 1.04 so maybe this is a newer version?

Lets hope there are fixes. :D

My unit went dead at 4pm today. Tried a soft reboot..no luck.. unpluged unit for a few minutes and it came back.. What could have caused this? New software download?

Bummer,

Mine still shows "not available" for targeted software.

I guess that's a bummer. If everyone who receives the update during the night have locked up STBs in the morning, I'll be thinking that I dodged the bullet. lol

JimP said:
Bummer,

Mine still shows "not available" for targeted software.

I guess that's a bummer. If everyone who receives the update during the night have locked up STBs in the morning, I'll be thinking that I dodged the bullet. lol

Bummer here too... N/A also...guess I will have to wait till tomorrow! :mad:

Jerry

area code 330 and I am still a N/A for target software as of a few minutes ago when I checked.

LuRcH1080i said:
This seems to be an updated V.6.0 then? Cause from the other thread posts of new boxes on installs, they say 1.04 so maybe this is a newer version?
Yes, it looks like they are shifting to a new version numbering scheme. Nep. 6.00 is also referred to as Software Version 1.04. The version being pushed is expected to be slightly newer: 1.10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts