CSI: New York

Season 9 Episode 9

Friday, Sept. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)

“Reignited”: The CSIs investigate when a fire chief – a friend of Mac’s – is killed in a blaze that used the same technique as a recently paroled arsonist, on the ninth season premiere of CSI: NY. Rob Morrow (Numb3rs) guest stars as Leonard Brooks, the arsonist.

S~

Note the new start time. 7:00 for me :D

For the life of me I cannot recall last season's finale, and this trailer wasn't very informative. Never mind...Rob Morrow just triggered the memory of a rushed "this may be the final episode so let's throw something together that some may consider to be a farewell episode." They did the same botched job with Numb3rs. I haven't see Morrow since his failed show, The Whole Truth, bit-the-dust back in 2010. I kinda though that I may sorta somewhat like that show somewhere in the distant future (me and the 400 other people who tuned-in), which is not exactly a glowing endorsement.

Still...looking forward to the old fall timers to fire. Lord knows there are very few interesting new shows out there this fall.

Was the whole truth the show that at the end of the episode you found out if the jury made the right call?

As for this csi, I cannot remember the season finale at all.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Was the whole truth the show that at the end of the episode you found out if the jury made the right call?

As for this csi, I cannot remember the season finale at all.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Yeah, The Whole Truth had a nice Ellery Queen twist that I really liked. The problems with the show were:

1. The writing and acting didn't flow well at times, but certainly nothing a new series couldn't work through (iron out the wrinkles)
2. It ran opposite two legal type shows: The Defenders (CBS) and Law & Order: SUV (NBC)...maybe even a third
3. ABC didn't give it much love and when they ratings stank (4-5 millions) they pulled the plug after 4-5 shows (may not have run the 13-episodes they ordered)
4. I don't think the average viewer appreciated the Ellery Queen/Murder She Wrote endings (they were shooting for a younger demographic who think like 50+'ers)

The series finale was certainly unremarkable. I don't think the writers, actors or producers had any idea what was going on at that point. So they all met after work and tipped a pint at the local pub. That's all I remember other than shots were fired. Regardless, I expect the 18-episode season will be a good one.

The series finale was certainly unremarkable. I don't think the writers, actors or producers had any idea what was going on at that point. So they all met after work and tipped a pint at the local pub. That's all I remember other than shots were fired. Regardless, I expect the 18-episode season will be a good one.

I don't miss The Whole Truth. Anyways, I'm not sure what finale you are talking about here. Certainly not CSI:NY. The finale ended with everyone out in the field and Mac coming up to them and giving them a hug. He was shot at the beginning of the episode. The shots in the pub is where Flac's girlfriend/cop died.

S~

I don't miss The Whole Truth. Anyways, I'm not sure what finale you are talking about here. Certainly not CSI:NY. The finale ended with everyone out in the field and Mac coming up to them and giving them a hug. He was shot at the beginning of the episode. The shots in the pub is where Flac's girlfriend/cop died.

S~

You're right...I'll have to rewatch.

I thought Mac got shot in the last episode this past year ?
Up on the roof wasn't it ?

This is why I always keep the last few episodes from the year before, now I'll have to watch them to refresh my memory.

He did get shot at the beginning of the episode. riffjim is confusing the last season finale with the season 5 finale where the episode ended with gunshots in the bar at the end of the episode. That's the one where Flacs girlfriend is killed. We find that out at teh beginning of season 6. Noone died or got shot at the end of the last season finale as they weren't sure if it would be coming back this season.

S~

Enjoyable premiere. Rob has sure fallen aprt since Numbers was canceled. I'm looking forward to seeing if he starts setting fires again in next week's episode maybe trying to get back into jail as he knows that's the only place he can't start fires.

S~

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 2

Friday, October 5, 2012

"Where There's Smoke...": The team races to stop arsonist Leonard Brooks (Rob Morrow) when he begins targeting people from his dark past.

S~

I thought Mac got shot in the last episode this past year ?
Up on the roof wasn't it ?

This is why I always keep the last few episodes from the year before, now I'll have to watch them to refresh my memory.

He did get shot at the beginning of the episode. riffjim is confusing the last season finale with the season 5 finale where the episode ended with gunshots in the bar at the end of the episode. That's the one where Flacs girlfriend is killed. We find that out at teh beginning of season 6. Noone died or got shot at the end of the last season finale as they weren't sure if it would be coming back this season.

S~
I was thinking wrong as well, Mac got shot at the end of last year, BUT it was in the pharmacy not on the roof like I was thinking, that was a different episode and I don't think he got shot that time.

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 3

Friday, October 12, 2012

"2,918 Miles": Mac and Jo go to San Francisco to look for a missing teenage girl based on evidence found in crime scene photos.

S~

Next Episode: Season 9, EPisode 4

Friday, October 19, 2012

"Unspoken": Lindsay is injured during the attempted murder of a political candidate, leaving the rest of the team to pursue the shooter.

S~

No dialogue for the first 30 minutes. Story led by Green Day's music from their upcoming three albums (well Uno is already out).

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 5

Friday, October 26, 2012

"Misconceptions": Mac takes another look at a 20-year-old case involving a missing boy when the prime suspect is murdered; Flack tries to face his lingering issues.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts