DIRECTV in Las Vegas

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mdam what if they improve on the 4k Server and 4k Client? What if they add 802.11 AC and Moca 2.0 to them? I am looking at the Server/Client in a new way now. I think people don't like the current set-up is if they only have one 4k TV. I don't understand why people would only have one 4k TV? Unless they would just wait until their 1080p TV broke and then replaced it with the 4k TV. If the customer had a 1080p TV then replaced it with the 4k TV why not put the 1080p TV in another room and have the HR-54 on it and then have the C61k on the 4k TV?

some people only have 1 tv, yes there are people like that
for server client, they would need more than 5 tuners
they would need at least 10 or more
if there are no tuners in a client, and someone has 3 or 4 or more tvs, only having enough tuners to feed the clients with non left would be pointless
its a balance act

why have a 13 or 21 tuner lnb if your server cant use all of them?

John says they did not buy DIRECTV for its satellite technology.

They say the satellite industry is starting to show signs of collapse. They are working on putting out a platform that lets people take their entertainment with them everywhere.

He says they are looking at bringing in the Time Warner assets in.

People are consuming more and more content. AT&T is a Pipe provider, 60 - 70% of the content that flows over their lines is entertainment data.

Reactions: SpaethCo
he needs to realize that amount of people that cant get broadband. without access to 25mps or better yet 100mbs, streaming is not a viable option for the typical household

IMG_4663.JPG

Image1483576281.510630.jpg

Image1483576304.927838.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

They want to transform DIRECTV into a better experience.

They get a proof of concept demo.

They show an alert that there is an exciting basketball game in progress, if you click on it you are tuned to the game, with that you are shown trending stuff, ecommerce, scores and stats.

Wouldn't they have had 1080p TV before that or an analog TV anyway? Unless like I said one of those broke and then they got a 4k TV? Can't the HR-54 hook up to an analog TV?

maybe, or they sold it. to hook to an analog, you need something between the 54 and the tv

you also have people like me with 1 1080 and 1 4k

i have an hr24 and a genie, there is no way i will ditch the 2 tuner hr24 for a 0 tuner client. its going backwards

They want to transform DIRECTV into a better experience.

They get a proof of concept demo.

They show an alert that there is an exciting basketball game in progress, if you click on it you are tuned to the game, with that you are shown trending stuff, ecommerce, scores and stats.

some tvs have this extra stuff built in if you have internet.
as longg as they make it so you can turn it off let them add whatever they want

maybe, or they sold it. to hook to an analog, you need something between the 54 and the tv

you also have people like me with 1 1080 and 1 4k

i have an hr24 and a genie, there is no way i will ditch the 2 tuner hr24 for a 0 tuner client. its going backwards
Sorry, I forgot that their are people who don't like replacing the HR-24 with a mini. I guess since I don't record that much that the HR-54/C61k wouldn't be that bad for me. I think another reason I was changing my mind is I was at a friends house for Christmas and he had the C31 Mini and I couldn't believe how small it was. Then looked at the C61k and saw that its only 8x6. Also since both the RVU TV and Client Box connect to the server anyway why not use the client box. Unless someday the RVU TV would become more powerful than the RVU Client Box?

Sorry, I forgot that their are people who don't like replacing the HR-24 with a mini. I guess since I don't record that much that the HR-54/C61k wouldn't be that bad for me. I think another reason I was changing my mind is I was at a friends house for Christmas and he had the C31 Mini and I couldn't believe how small it was. Then looked at the C61k and saw that its only 8x6. Also since both the RVU TV and Client Box connect to the server anyway why not use the client box. Unless someday the RVU TV would become more powerful than the RVU Client Box?

the tv manufacturer is responsible for the rvu software, most dont have a steller reputation with software and upkeep

he needs to realize that amount of people that cant get broadband. without access to 25mps or better yet 100mbs, streaming is not a viable option for the typical household

He does realize, in fact more than almost anyone and it is no different than what At&t (or Verizon for that matter and the others) knows already. Ever look at Cell phone or 4G coverage maps and the description? We cover XX of all the population. Not important how much land is covered. So the vast areas of the west or of some States with areas of sparse population with little to no fast internet access also has very few people by percentage to the rest of the Country. Internet/online TV will not care one bit about those areas, they don't care now, and not enough people to worry about even if all of them subscribed - which of course only some percentage of that small percentage would.
Even in the East where populations are more dense, a first hand account in parts of Eastern Ct. Cell phone service is spotty, ironically At&t is about the best there, Verizon ok the other two not worth bothering with. But why care for a few hundred people there when you cover thousands and thousands in the rest of the more populated parts of the State. That is going to be what At&t does when they end Directv and make no mistake that is the plan. Just as Scott said At&t has the assets to provide the pipeline and they know all about delivering Data and where to do it.

bummer, perfect time to announce that new box. and nothing

if the superbowl is announced in 4k, dish may be my next move

He does realize, in fact more than almost anyone and it is no different than what At&t (or Verizon for that matter and the others) knows already. Ever look at Cell phone or 4G coverage maps and the description? We cover XX of all the population. Not important how much land is covered. So the vast areas of the west or of some States with areas of sparse population with little to no fast internet access also has very few people by percentage to the rest of the Country. Internet/online TV will not care one bit about those areas, they don't care now, and not enough people to worry about even if all of them subscribed - which of course only some percentage of that small percentage would.
Even in the East where populations are more dense, a first hand account in parts of Eastern Ct. Cell phone service is spotty, ironically At&t is about the best there, Verizon ok the other two not worth bothering with. But why care for a few hundred people there when you cover thousands and thousands in the rest of the more populated parts of the State. That is going to be what At&t does when they end Directv and make no mistake that is the plan. Just as Scott said At&t has the assets to provide the pipeline and they know all about delivering Data and where to do it.

but with sat you cover 99% of the population, with ip you drop coverage to 60%? the more tvs people may have the more bandwidth they need

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts