Dish 622 L4.05 Software (the software formerly known as 409)

Bye Bye 4.09

I too went from 4.09 to 4.05 overnight. I was having the breakup with LIL HD recordings. Interestingly, during playback, the breakup would occur at a different point in the playback. If it broke up, you could skip backward and it would play past the breakup point fine.

I guess it is just human nature, but I like seeing the signal show a reading near 100 instead of 60 something. I know it is the same level of signal, but as stupid as it sounds I feel better with the higher reading. I bet others do too.

One has to wonder if Dish hired a bunch of new programmers about 6+ months ago to work on the 622 software. Many missed dates, serious bugs, frequent minor updates sometimes just a week or two apart, and now an across-the-board rollback !!

funny.. but it's easy to miss dates due to a multitude of things.. I'm sure they run into issues with their coding which requires lower level changes that can't be avoided and that requires more testing before release..

Also bugs, new requirements & priorities, etc come up that put those changes on hold.. I think once before they were almost at the point of releasing some new features and they had to pull it all back due to an issue with the sub-channels on OTA..

I'm sure you can tell what I do for a living. ;)

One has to wonder if Dish hired a bunch of new programmers about 6+ months ago to work on the 622 software. Many missed dates, serious bugs, frequent minor updates sometimes just a week or two apart, and now an across-the-board rollback !!
They rolled back the 211 firmware last week, too.

They need to quit messing with Mpeg4/2 improvements and re-implement whatever the OTA fix was because it worked. Then they can mess with the rest of the stuff.

I too went from 4.09 to 4.05 overnight. I was having the breakup with LIL HD recordings. Interestingly, during playback, the breakup would occur at a different point in the playback. If it broke up, you could skip backward and it would play past the breakup point fine.

I guess it is just human nature, but I like seeing the signal show a reading near 100 instead of 60 something. I know it is the same level of signal, but as stupid as it sounds I feel better with the higher reading. I bet others do too.

I am glad they rolled it back. The break ups on my hd lils recordings was killing me and my wife who bitched about it for 2 days straight. As to the signal meter I think the better way to approach this is to reduce the scale back to 100 and use the higher meter readings . IT looks stupid to have a lower reduced strength of 49 when it was 90 before. Directv uses a meter like this and it just looks better. Even my dad who is 67, knew enough to know that higher readings meant better signal strength.

They rolled back the 211 firmware last week, too.
I recall that many of the programmers work on multiple products and the 622 and 211 are very similar (knowing that the 211 has no DVR functions). What issues did the 211 have recently ?? Same or similar to what the 622 had ??

Wanted to see if anyone in the West palm beach area is having trouble with channel 5 on the OTA... checked over in the avs forum, but no postings... I'm dealing with the same problem. 4.06 -> 4.09 back to 4.05 and now having lots of problems with the locals...

I recall that many of the programmers work on multiple products and the 622 and 211 are very similar (knowing that the 211 has no DVR functions). What issues did the 211 have recently ?? Same or similar to what the 622 had ??
The 211 and the 622 had a similar issue with OTA breakups on some channels. I think they fixed the OTA problem with the 211 (I guess L4.09 did the same for the 622), but broke something with the HDMI, so it was rolled back.

Back to 4.05 today. I guess Charlie & Co. did not like my Beach Boys reference to 409. However, I did notice while watching CNN a button appeared to go to CNN Enhanced for some reason. Never seen that before. A new feature?

Summer time - interns coming to companies. If you watch that dedicated thread at DBSTalk, you should see how low summer's activity in FW development. One of past week was EMPTY - no changes for any model.

Back to 4.05 today. I guess Charlie & Co. did not like my Beach Boys reference to 409. However, I did notice while watching CNN a button appeared to go to CNN Enhanced for some reason. Never seen that before. A new feature?
I believe there's a CNN section inside Dish Home so I'm betting it only takes you there. Check it out .... once. The graphics are so poor quality I won't bother. Someday more of the graphics will be done in computer-type resolutions vs standard TV resolutions and will look better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts