DISH / Blockbuster Announcement Discussion Thread!

space between like [ Size

[ size = 1 ] should have no spaces between alpha numerics inside brackets. Once you take the spaces out it recognizes it like this

another way to look at it, use at the start and then end it with [size] (just need to put a "/" in front of size.

You can also just highlight whatever text you would like to make smaller or bigger and select the size you want using the size selector at the top of the reply box. ;)

space between like [ Size

[ size = 1 ] should have no spaces between alpha numerics inside brackets. Once you take the spaces out it recognizes it like this

another way to look at it, use at the start and then end it with [size] (just need to put a "/" in front of size.

, I think I understand but as you can see from my cut/paste there are no spaces. Do you mean use lower case instead of caps? Sorry to waste your time to try and beat this into my thick skull:)
O great, my cut/paste does not display. You don't have to help any further, don't want to waste any more of your time. Thanks for all your help.

You can also just highlight whatever text you would like to make smaller or bigger and select the size you want using the size selector at the top of the reply box. ;)

that is the easy way for sure. The editor can do it for you. lower case does not matter.

Thanks but I have used the smallest size available in the editor as well and it does not change. And for what it's worth, had my cut/paste displayed you would see that there are no spaces between the brackets and alpha numeric characters in my signature which makes me think I could be loosing my mind:)
I just thought my signature would not be quite as over bearing if the font size was reduced.
Thank you all and sorry for getting off topic.

I'm not certain that what you mentioned is what I think it is, but if so...

Turbo plug? Are you getting Internet to your receiver through your house's electrical wiring? I'd guess that is your problem. That likely isn't fast enough to support a continuous stream so it is defaulting to a download only viewing setup.

The discrepancy between this and Netflix on your Google TV is likely because you have your Revue set up on a wifi network and that provides much faster speeds than a home plug.

If the Revue is also connected via a turbo plug, then I have no idea why you'd be seeing such poor performance in one streaming service and not the other. I say this because I am streaming fine on my 722 here, no major delays, no stops for buffeting, no downloading to watch later needed.

I am using the DISH Turbo plug near my router that gives me internet through out the house using the electrical wiring. My receiver gets internet through it. My Google revue unit gets internet through a wired ethernet connection. I have a cable run through the wall from my computer room. I tried to use just the ethernet to my receiver but it causes problems with both ethernet and turbo plug at the same time. As far as the videos over the receiver I've noticed if you select WATCH NOW it will play the show almost instantly but it will occasionally buffer at points. If you select Download LATER, it will download the shows later like the old way . So I can select many movies and hit Download later and queue them up in order selected. I might try to use a ethernet splitter and use my one ethernet cable and run it to the splitter an split to both the google box and the receiver, but I will have to unplug the receiver from the wall outlet and plug it into the surge protector, in order to prevent conflicts.

Well, here is some bad news for any recently signed up customers..

I re-signed up last week, after being away for the last 4 years, and, got 3 months free of blockbuster on line, and 3 months of dish platinum free as well. I was told the other day, that on October 1st, my blockbuster/dish platinum subscription would be converted to the new blockbuster streaming service on 10-1, and, my 3 months free would be transferred to that. I was glad to hear that, and, figured after the free period, and checking out how it worked, I would probably sign up for the service.

Well, after being lied to 4 times yesterday and today, when the service did not show up on my 722k, and, everyone I spoke to said it was a server/website "problem", I finally got to someone who had an IQ over 40, and he told me NO, that the 3 months free of Platinum/BB online would NOT be transferred over, and, the only way I could get the new service was to start paying 10 dollars per month for it NOW; I tired to tell him that I was told by 4 other people that the opposite would occur, and, it was a website/server issue, but he told me that was not true.

so, after being lied to by a number of folks about getting the service for 3 months, I now have no options except to pay for it immediately, and forfeit my 3 months of Dish Platinum for free and my BB disks by mail for 3 months for free...

My wife wanted us to get Direct TV, but I talked her into Dish, saying we would get 3 months of BB streaming, and that Dish were more concerned and helpful to new customers...Needless to say, I have had my ass reamed all morning, and she told me to cancel dish, and go to Direct, like she originally wanted...

I should have listened to her, and went with Direct TV....

Can a DIRT member possibly help me, or is this the way Dish treats new customers???

Thank you!

So she understands you'd have to pay a hefty cancel fee??

Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. No one from DIRT has been on yet.

well, i think you get 30 days to decide if you are keeping the service, don't you?

and, frankly, if it keeps her from rubbing it my face, its probably worth it..

I guess the lying part is what annoys me the most; if they would have been honest, when I signed up last week, and for the last few days, it probably wouldn't have been so annoying..

Dish should enhance Dishonline.com so that you can select BBMP/Platinum shows. This would provide the opportunity for a much better interface and leverage the internet connected receivers.

I re-signed up last week, after being away for the last 4 years, and, got 3 months free of blockbuster on line, and 3 months of dish platinum free as well. I was told the other day, that on October 1st, my blockbuster/dish platinum subscription would be converted to the new blockbuster streaming service on 10-1, and, my 3 months free would be transferred to that. I was glad to hear that, and, figured after the free period, and checking out how it worked, I would probably sign up for the service.

Well, after being lied to 4 times yesterday and today, when the service did not show up on my 722k, and, everyone I spoke to said it was a server/website "problem", I finally got to someone who had an IQ over 40, and he told me NO, that the 3 months free of Platinum/BB online would NOT be transferred over, and, the only way I could get the new service was to start paying 10 dollars per month for it NOW; I tired to tell him that I was told by 4 other people that the opposite would occur, and, it was a website/server issue, but he told me that was not true.

so, after being lied to by a number of folks about getting the service for 3 months, I now have no options except to pay for it immediately, and forfeit my 3 months of Dish Platinum for free and my BB disks by mail for 3 months for free...

My wife wanted us to get Direct TV, but I talked her into Dish, saying we would get 3 months of BB streaming, and that Dish were more concerned and helpful to new customers...Needless to say, I have had my ass reamed all morning, and she told me to cancel dish, and go to Direct, like she originally wanted...

Can a DIRT member possibly help me, or is this the way Dish treats new customers???

Thank you!

Next time listen to your wife!.;):D

I have noticed with BlockBuster Movie Pass on my 722k,with L688.When I select this feature it goes to explore movies section,I select all,and HD,it brings up 631 movies in HD.Then when I press the * button to view free movies I get 630 free movies in HD.

I have yet to stream one I shall try that today,but so far it seems that BlockBuster Movie Pass on Dish Network is giving me more HD movie options than NetFlix did.:eek::)

Thank you!

I'm not sure I understand. Do you not have Platinum free for 3 months? Do you not have BB free for 3 months? If you have those two, you essentially have the equivalent of the BB Movie Pass whether it's rolled into that or not. You just have to manage your DVD by mail movie queue on the BB site. There probably won't be any real BB streaming until the Data Center is up and running. After three months, when you pay the $10 bucks, you can roll it over.

wase4711 said:

Thank you!

I must be missing something. You're getting free platinum and free discs. The streaming interface has just been rebranded, but is the same as it has always been. The name might not have changed in your menu, but you should still be able to access the online content.

Subs that got the Platinum pack for a year are upset because their package hasn't switched over because it leaves them with no way to add the discs by mail option. You've got that for three months already, so that's not an issue in your case.

I would just check it out and enjoy it. The one snafu is if you have a 922, the streaming software update isn't ready yet. But that isn't something targeted at you, just something all 922 owners have to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

wase4711 said:
well, i think you get 30 days to decide if you are keeping the service, don't you?

and, frankly, if it keeps her from rubbing it my face, its probably worth it..

I guess the lying part is what annoys me the most; if they would have been honest, when I signed up last week, and for the last few days, it probably wouldn't have been so annoying..

You do not get 30 days to decide. If you terminate at this point you will be charged the ETF.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)