Dish dispute with Sinclair...reached deal in principle

heres the big question
will the ota add a tuner like the vip series
or replace one like directv?

Asked before. It is expected to add a tuner, not replace one. We should know for sure "soon." ;)

I just sent Sinclair and email to their corporate people and told them what I thought of them and their stations. It made me feel better although it won't do any good.

I just sent Sinclair and email to their corporate people and told them what I thought of them and their stations. It made me feel better although it won't do any good.

how do you know its them, until actual numbers are released?
its a he said she said situation

how do you know its them, until actual numbers are released?
its a he said she said situation

Not when virtually every carrier goes through this with them. And Dish would have to be just about outwardly lying becasue they didn't say a percentage or any vague amount, they said more than any other locals channel is asking. And Sinclair in their response did not dispute that, instead compared themselves to cable only channels who get more. (Cable only is a completely different situation - they are not protected from compitition like Sinclair is) And for good measure mentioned about the auto skip feature of the Hopper.

Last edited:
Sadly Ilook for all the Sinclair stations to be gone starting tomorrow. I just hope they're back on in time for the fall premiers.

Damn first AMC and now this!!! I can't switch if we will lose our Fox, ABC and CW stations. There is no OTA with Hopper. My wife and I rely on our DVR our work schedules are different so DVRing those channels are a must.

Last edited:
I may have to move to Altoona for a while.

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited:
This is starting to really get old! I'm sitting here watching my local news and I get a scrolling message across the top of my screen saying that this channel (WTVC in Chattanooga) will no longer be available on Dish after August 16th. What is the deal with this company? I appreciate the fact that they fight to keep our rates low. But at some point something's got to give. I've learned to deal with the fact that I can't watch ESPNU in HD (along with Disney and Fueltv). And I wasn't happy losing AMC, but the fact I really only watched one show on that channel, the free Roku helped with that issue. But I cannot handle losing my local channels. Especially with the new tv season approaching. I wonder how many pennies this squabble is over? I really hope this gets worked out. I love my Hopper and the technology that Dish offers but I think I would have to change providers if there's no ABC. I wonder if Dish would provide an ABC from another market in its place?
Suggest you read the following article indicating Sinclair wants to raise re-trasmission rate over 100% Sinclair Broadcast Group Calls for Massive Price Increase for DISH Customers: Marketwire Business News - MSN Money

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)